The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is starting a business EASIER than finishing school???

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
And I understand business isn't easy. I put that in the title to hopefully grab some attention. My main question is will I enjoy it more than school. Because if I hate it this much I will never succeed.

There are no similarities to school and running a business.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
Starting anything is always a thousand times easier than finishing something. Good luck

I can confirm. One thing well done is 100x better than 10 things half-assed done

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Things I learnt in school (business class)

- How to write a business plan
- How to complete swat anyalysis
- Various business structures and their pros/cons

What I learned starting a business:

- How to sell
- How to market
- How to deal with customer (and people in general)
- How to build a website
- How to complete accounts (working as an accountant for two years helped a lot) and keeping track of account
- Communication skills
- Improved life philosophy
- Great appreciation for hard work and dedication
- This list could go on indefinitely

Success Acheived in business class: A*
Value gained: Some, but minimal
Regret attending? No.

Success Acheived in Business: Some, but minimal
Value gained: Immeasurable
Regret starting in business: No.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Things I learnt in school (business class)

- How to write a business plan
- How to complete swat anyalysis
- Various business structures and their pros/cons

What I learned starting a business:

- How to sell
- How to market
- How to deal with customer (and people in general)
- How to build a website
- How to complete accounts (working as an accountant for two years helped a lot) and keeping track of account
- Communication skills
- Improved life philosophy
- Great appreciation for hard work and dedication
- This list could go on indefinitely

Success Acheived in business class: A*
Value gained: Some, but minimal
Regret attending? No.

Success Acheived in Business: Some, but minimal
Value gained: Immeasurable
Regret starting in business: No.

[HASHTAG]#notable[/HASHTAG]? @MJ DeMarco @Vigilante

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
When I was in college, I had an entrepreneurship class and let me tell you what they taught us. How to write a good business plan, marketing plan, financial plan and sales forecast. LOL.

Most so-called "business professors" never had any real life business experience and are just two paychecks away from broke. They preach students to be entrepreneurs, but here they are living from paycheck to paycheck.

If your college work is getting in the way of your entrepreneurial ventures, maybe it's time to leave college. Some of the richest people in the world are college dropouts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnnyqt25

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 8, 2011
When I was in college, I had an entrepreneurship class and let me tell you what they taught us. How to write a good business plan, marketing plan, financial plan and sales forecast. LOL.

Most so-called "business professors" never had any real life business experience and are just two paychecks away from broke. They preach students to be entrepreneurs, but here they are living from paycheck to paycheck.

If your college work is getting in the way of your entrepreneurial ventures, maybe it's time to leave college. Some of the richest people in the world are college dropouts.

Some of the richest people in the world are college drop outs because they were already making millions by the time they decided to drop out. Most college drop outs end up working fast food or the factory, wishing they had finished college.

johnwmintz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 22, 2017
Anniston, AL
Let me start out with a different insight regarding college. I have an undergrad in business. I am working on a Masters of Information Systems and have several IT/IT Security certs. The one area of college that I wished I would have focused on during undergrad and my previous graduate studies was networking. You are spending time in class/online with various amounts of people for several years. It is an opportune time to build your network. Save their contact info in your phone, add them on LinkedIn, and keep in touch. You never know when you may need help calling on a customer for your startup.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.