The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is it possible to be a Business Man and not an "entrepreneur?"

Anything related to matters of the mind

InfinityStones

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 6, 2019
Hi

Society lauds "entrepreneurs" - the risk takers - the new idea ventures.

But deep down, I am more of a business man. I like business and I like making money. Not necessarily creating something brand new or inventive. Currently, 2 out of my 4 businesses were existing businesses that I simply optimized.

Are there any others like me?

As we considered "less than" entrepreneurs - because of this?

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
If you're already doing it, then wouldn't you say you answered your own question? Beyond that, who cares? It's all just a bunch of definitions. Make money how you make money. Especially if you meet your own goals.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hi

Society lauds "entrepreneurs" - the risk takers - the new idea ventures.

But deep down, I am more of a business man. I like business and I like making money. Not necessarily creating something brand new or inventive. Currently, 2 out of my 4 businesses were existing businesses that I simply optimized.

Are there any others like me?

As we considered "less than" entrepreneurs - because of this?

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Well I dislike the term entrepreneurs too. I prefer the generic term business people.

People who call themselves entrepreneurs usually put themselves on a higher moral ground. “It is not just about the money but about changing the world”. Sometimes it might be true.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I consider myself more of a business man than an entrepreneur. Countless other businesses do the same exact thing as I do. I'm like a plumber for a company's computer software processes.

And then there's my new business that I'm starting. As far as I can tell, no one is doing it anywhere in this particular market. In other markets, there are things sort-of-similar, but my take on it is different from what they're doing. There are a lot of things that I'm planning that I haven't seen anyone else do. Maybe they're out there, but saying that they're few and far between is an understatement.

So, does the fact that I'm planning an entrepreneurial business make me an entrepreneur? Or, if and when that business is successful, is that when I get to call myself an entrepreneur?

I don't know, and I don't really care, actually. All I know is that in my current business, I saw an opportunity, and I went for it. With this new business, (and several other failed businesses before this one), I see an opportunity and I'm going for it.

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
Yeah I guess so if you really care to play with labels and definitions. You bought a couple of businesses and made them more profitable - you're technically an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs are business men. Idk. Doesn't really matter dude.

InfinityStones

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 6, 2019
The labels we give ourselves are significant.

Often we dont think about these labels.

"alpha male"
"entrepreneur"

Loaded words.

For example Tony Robbins refuses to label himself as a "guru" .

drpeppehr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Jun 10, 2017
USA
The labels we give ourselves are significant.

Often we dont think about these labels.

"alpha male"
"entrepreneur"

Loaded words.

For example Tony Robbins refuses to label himself as a "guru" .

I would argue that labels don't matter at all. Call me a software developer, programmer, analyst, business owner, whatever - does it really matter how I label myself? It's a mental name tag, bro.

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
A businessman is generally a person who establishes a business by pursuing an existing idea, which delivers goods or services to customers.

An entrepreneur is someone who thinks up an idea for a product or service and implements it on the market.

So, yes, you can be a businessman and not an entrepreneur. Any way, I agree with @LexDeVille that the classification in categories is not the most important factor. If you optimize businesses and the market also decides that these businesses have increased in value, then your actions prove to be successful, which is way more important than the definition of businessmen and entrepreneurs.

lydialeads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
May 29, 2019

This article is crap. Like he had to write something on his website to grab people's attention. Another Scripted ideology. And you helped him promote his site with the link. Free marketing. I even clicked on it. Eek! :arghh:

No need to play that Scripted game.

I agree with @Lex DeVille and @drpeppehr that it doesn't matter. I also got a chuckle out of @Raoul Duke 's sarcasm. That post about 35 being the end all age made me nauseous for clicking on it and reading it. o_O

I consider myself a business woman and female entrepreneur, but who gives a rat's a$$? Does gender matter? Does it matter if I'm alpha female or a quiet introvert? Do men actually care? Do women actually care? Why discriminate?!

I like business and making money. Working very hard to achieve my goals right now. And that's all that matters. Bottom line. Boom! :moneybag:

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
View: https://youtu.be/2HeZQxg0bWQ

"an entrepreneur is a marketer who owns a business. "

Masterminds can't leave things to chance : " please buy my stuff "

that's why they create systems and military-like strategy .

look at the mental trigger on this picture ( jeff walker's product launch formula )

this is military-like stuff to win the war of money.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Sometimes labels are a good thing. For example, my ex is labeled a psycho b!tch. :eek:

I like to label myself as Lucky. I'm one that was on kind of the slow lane highway and made a few moves that turned out to be excellent and here I am at the finish line already. As us racers say, "I'd rather be lucky than good any day".

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Labels limit you. If I say I’m a nice guy but there are times I need to put my foot down I won’t because I’m a “nice guy”. If I label myself as a angry person but there are times i should feel happy it will be hard to let myself feel that way. Say I tell myself I am very committed and won’t break promises and tell myself I am on the keto diet but some freak incident made me land on an island with 5 people and the only food there is fruit. Well I’m on the keto diet and I’m keto so no fruit for me! That would be ridiculous.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.