The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is insiders worth it?

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Such sweet sweet memories you brought back.

True story coming below...

I started out as a consultant, later became CMO, to a company that did EXACTLY this.

The owner was going to outlets also. Now, he goes direct and to some places where he has contacts instead of buying himself, but he does train his "buyers" to go to places on the weekend and to find deals for the company.

Moral of the story... that guy started out buying everything on the clearance rack at places like Dillards a decade ago and now runs the largest urban soft goods retailer on eBay and Amazon. I think he was 16 or 17 at the time when I first met him.

When I left the company, we grew it from 1 to 60 employees and we were doing over $10MM a year in revenues and selling stuff internationally all around the globe day and night on all kinds of platforms ( everything on ChannelAdvisor, all the CSE's, Flash sale sites, etc ). This is in comparison to when it was being ran in his parent's basement with a few boxes of shoes and jeans with just him and some eBay templates...

That hustle now has lead him to own some RE in Florida, own equity in a fashionable t-shirt brand, own equity in a major SaaS for ecommerce sellers, and a few other business things.

ALL FROM A CLEARANCE RACK OVER A DECADE AGO.
I wish to be a US citizen :(

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Papillon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Sep 10, 2013
Île Saint-Joseph French Guiana ~ UK!
I think the answer depends on what you expect.

If you expect "make money online" warrior forum crap, you will be disappointed.

If you expect a detailed snapshot into starting something from nothing, a process that can take months to years, you'll be happy.

Aside from that, my options thread co-authored by myself and @IceCreamKid is probably worth six-figures+ ALONE. While that thread requires some capital to make useful, it's lessons are priceless insofar as tuning the financial markets into a Fastlane type venture where time works for you, vs against you.

I also would like to stress, that an INSIDERS subscription REQUIRES that you have read the book. In the future once I get my second book to print, it will have other barriers installed.

In the meantime, I suggest anyone considering to READ ALL THE GOLD AND NOTABLE THREADS FIRST -- there is gold in dem hills, and it's already free!

@MJ any idea when ya new book will be available?

BTW, I re-read TMF every year along with my other TOP dozen books, mostly on direct response marketing...looking forward to ya new book!

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@MJ any idea when ya new book will be available?
I can't answer that for you but just as an FYI, he has a progress thread for his second book on the Inside. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
any idea when ya new book will be available?

My best guess is early-to-mid 2017 -- the book is written and edited, just needs to be put into production.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.