The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is giving away Logo-ed merchindice a viable marketing tool???

Marketing, social media, advertising

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
not a joke about your suggestion Zen, I have actually found some great groups for ultimate frisbee and beach volleyball on meetup.

I also found one group I was notified about (once you are a member you get notified when a new group forms in your area with common interests, I put down entrepreneurs) where it says millionaires get together and act like millionaires and enjoy the finer things in life such as wearing tuxes, drinking champaign etc etc.

I emailed and asked if I would be allowed to attend as I meet the income level but prefer camo clothes, dirty used boots and Pabst Blue Ribbon lol

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Yes i did that on meetup, nothing close looked good or active, and others looked like they were going to upsell me Rich Dad Poor Dad at the end but i will check it out again, thank you.

D

DeletedUser2

when I moved to alberquerque, there wasnt a meetup like i wanted

so I started one.
its now at 185 members. I finally handed it off to someone else to run. but now there is a meetup that I wanted :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I never really understood that commercial.

Who would ever want to look like that 80 year old guy except maybe someone who is already 90 years old.

Aren't they suppose to show people we wish we were like?

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Haha i guess you are right Patrick but let's agree Zend is the most interesting man in the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Enki

on-ramp
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 18, 2013
Cleveland, Oh USA
I have to add this,

A few years ago saw a guy wearing a hoody with a local businesses logo and name on it. The business was for a tire shop. The tire shop was pretty small and I know the guy didn't work there. I remember getting tires there back in the day and seeing they were selling hoodies. Long to short story: the guy was arguing with his girlfriend and was being a total dickhead (REALLY MEAN). Now every time I drive past the tire shop I remember the dickhead arguing with his girlfriend.

I believe offline business should never spend a cent on their brand and focus solely on getting and maintain customers.

Say you brand something like a hoody and give it to a women that jogs, maybe its chilly maybe she wears it on a run for the hell of it. Maybe she gets abducted. Last seen wearing a hoody with ACME ON IT

Would it affect Nike? No because people can associate Nike with so much more than the missing jogger.

I don't want the first time someone comes across my brand to be associated with things that are outside of my control. And when you get into brandable merchandising for your small biz you are opening it up to more variables than you can control.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.