The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is dropshipping fastlane?

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
View: https://twitter.com/CVRLNE/status/1251508236035018753

--

Fastlane = Exponentiality.

If what you're doing cannot achieve exponential growth (scale), it isn't fastlane.

To achieve exponentiality, you need equity. Equity comes in a number of forms; intellectual property, patents, ideas, connections, brand value, investments.

The big difference between the myriad of people who "never make it", and those few who seem to crack the code, is the latter find a way to encourage OTHER PEOPLE to do the hard work for them. In your case, the "dropship" distribution company is a fastlane business because they're relying on people like you to spend your $$ on ads to sell their product.

Some other examples of "fastlane" businesses:
  1. This forum.
    Whilst not likely making a huge amount of money, it's a perfect example of letting others do the work for you (and it builds equity in MJ's books). With the community MJ has cultivated over the years, he has access to, probably, $100,000,000's of ideas, connections, opportunities and insights. I don't think he's leveraged it that way (presently), but you get the point... he doesn't need to sit at his desk to increase the value of what he's built, people like me are doing it for him.

2. Kylie Jenner's cosmetics company.
    NOT
    the company itself; the "umbrella" parent operation called Seed Beauty - started by a brother + sister team, whose father owns "Spatz Laboratories", who manufactures all of the products. Seed Beauty has worked with Kylie and a number of other "influencers" to bring a variety of products to the market. That doesn't matter... what does is that EVERY single product they create is made by their dad's factory. The factory (itself) isn't "fastlane", but the model of creating demand for its produce is (because that model can be scaled).

As an aside, "Coty" buying that company has to be one of the dumbest decisions ever made, akin to Time Warner's purchase of AOL.

3. Google.
    Numbers aside, the reason Google is "fastlane" is because they depend on other people's content for their competitive advantage. Think about it -> each time you browse "Google", you're really just browsing a list of websites owned, operated and maintained by people that have no affiliation with the company. Thus, their hard work/effort rewards Google, because people associate the "good content" they produce with the search engine. Google's reputation grows based on the pertinent sites it shows its visitors, and the cycle continues. Same with YouTube.
In other words, the hallmarks of a fastlane business is that others have a stake in its success... so much so that they are prepared to risk their money/reputation/social standing in order to leverage it.

-

To give you something to think about - I understand what you're saying about "dropshipping". As a beginner, the model works, and you should definitely try it. Put $10k into it and see if you can turn a profit.

The problem is that "dropshipping" (as an ideal) is difficult to scale, as you have no equity in the business. You're dependent on external traffic sources (ads), and are selling a product you have no say over. You're not even buying OEM... it's literally just arbitrage.

What would be "fastlane" would be to use the "dropshipping" model to create equity in your OWN brand/company. This takes many different forms, and is dependent on the underlying community you help create. I can explain further, but this should give some ideas.

Last edited:

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I disagree ~ish.
OP looks to be a money chaser, and is probobly looking to make "easy" money.

However the production and logistics part of dropshipping is very lucrative. (no surprise there)
I dont know exactly what it is, but alot of people right now are drawn to dropshipping like moths to a flame.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
You need leverage, this can come in a few different ways such as.

- Other peoples time.
- Other peoples work.
- Other peoples ad spend.
- investments either making one or taking one.
- leverage your own time and work into a system that can create passive income. For example courses, is one of the things I'm doing.

Currently leveraging my passive income from courses to pay for my own ad spend that I'm using to swing for home runs.

Another example.

I helped someone sell some product and gave him the idea I had as I was working on to much stuff to do it myself. He's laking capital, so I'm investing my money and leveraging his time to sell the product and splitting the profits.

And so on.

DropshipGodx

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 16, 2020
INDIA
You need leverage, this can come in a few different ways such as.

- Other peoples time.
- Other peoples work.
- Other peoples ad spend.
- investments either making one or taking one.
- leverage your own time and work into a system that can create passive income. For example courses, is one of the things I'm doing.

Currently leveraging my passive income from courses to pay for my own ad spend that I'm using to swing for home runs.

Another example.

I helped someone sell some product and gave him the idea I had as I was working on to much stuff to do it myself. He's laking capital, so I'm investing my money and leveraging his time to sell the product and splitting the profits.

And so on.
I would love to connect with you and know more about what kind of courses if you are fine with it can i DM you ? Thanks

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I disagree ~ish.
OP looks to be a money chaser, and is probobly looking to make "easy" money.

However the production and logistics part of dropshipping is very lucrative. (no surprise there)
I dont know exactly what it is, but alot of people right now are drawn to dropshipping like moths to a flame.

What do you mean by the production and logistics part?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
the fastlane to what exactly

it's the fastlane to something

probably not money though

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
A Question Without Context - It's hard to give a feasible answer.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
What do you mean by the production and logistics part?
Production - manufacture of the products being dropshipped.
Logistics - delivery service and/or warehouse building, renting, maintenence and so on.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Its a part of dropshipping.
The main one infact.
Without production, storage and delivery, what do you have?
Dropshipping lol?

I guess you're trolling me so whatever bro:
Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers its customer's orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

So to answer you yes, no production, no storage and no delivery(you just pass shipment details).

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Drop shipping is a supply chain management method in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock but instead transfers its customer's orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer, another retailer, or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.

Do you even get what dropshipping is?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
and how is this dropshipping?
Selling your services to dropshippers I imagine. Example being setup a HQ in Yiwu, China. Advertise products and sourcing ability. Post in FB groups that your offer this service. Integrate with Shopify. Do sourcing and fulfillment for 10,s of thousands of dropshippers and charge a massive premium on goods. Several companies doing this now as everyone who dropships hates inventories so the sourcing company charges premiums and also 90+ days credit terms from the suppliers. They're banking it

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
Selling your services to dropshippers I imagine. Example being setup a HQ in Yiwu, China. Advertise products and sourcing ability. Post in FB groups that your offer this service. Integrate with Shopify. Do sourcing and fulfillment for 10,s of thousands of dropshippers and charge a massive premium on goods. Several companies doing this now as everyone who dropships hates inventories so the sourcing company charges premiums and also 90+ days credit terms from the suppliers. They're banking it
but still man that's not dropshipping.
That's offering services to dropshippers, the general debate is that dropshipping sucks and I agree with that, but if we're not talking about dropshipping we're introducing different business models that may be much better/sustainable.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
but still man that's not dropshipping.
That's offering services to dropshippers, the general debate is that dropshipping sucks and I agree with that, but if we're not talking about dropshipping we're introducing different business models that may be much better/sustainable.
Agree just speaking of the dropship industry. If you have a site that sells general goods and you want to list what may sell dropshipping is not absolutely terrible. List product..sell one or 2. Source at a much better rate and fulfill faster by warehousing. Better to break even on a sale than to purchase 5,000 items and hope to sell into a great unknown. Just list accordingly depending on your business model.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Production - manufacture of the products being dropshipped.
Logistics - delivery service and/or warehouse building, renting, maintenence and so on.

That's what I thought you meant, which is why I was confused. What you mentioned above is not dropshipping.

I manufacture products and I have a warehouse. But I do not offer dropshipping nor do I dropship in my business.

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
What too many people fail to realize is that many of these "non fastlane business models" can make you your first 100K - 500K+ which you can then use to start up your *real* business in the future.

Don't miss your chance to make a good amount of profit just because other people are telling you it's not a fastlane business - whether it be dropshipping, SMM, or any other middle man type of business. If you have an idea and think you can make money off of it, just go for it.

Matt_2190

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Dec 19, 2017
Southern Europe
In this moment I think that the only dropshipping business that worth it is the print-on-demand business.

You can start your own clothing business/e-commerce. Try new designs, see what products are well-sold, learn how to do customer assistence, learn how do marketing on social networks and learn how to run a business. You can start and have a your business, without upfront or logistics costs.

Of course, is a very competitive niche because the entry barriers are so low. But the important thing to know is that it's all about building your brand. Not about sell others stuff.

And (if you'll have success) you'll come to a point where you will have to have your own structure however.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I suggest you start dropshipping without listening to people here or anyone saying that it's either:

1) not Fastlane;
2) dead;
or other non-sense.

Like many have pointed it out - it isn't an ideal business model, but it's very lucrative.
If you won't make it work - you will learn valuable skills, such as marketing/sales, etc.

If you do make it work - try to move into private labeling and create your own brand, as few experienced individuals do here, who have started with dropshipping by the way (surprise).

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...