The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling websites but too saturated

Idea threads

niki81519

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 12, 2022
Hi,

I want to create my own platform where I sell websites (website designs with frontend and backend files ready) to mainly other businesses. I have provided a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- I will provide files which means I give them the control contrasting to Wix and Wordpress
- I'm planning to make unique designs for each theme (I mean modern, with good functionality)
- I know a lot of people want to buy it ready without having to spend any time on it
- My idea doesn't require me to work for it as I create my websites first then sell them

Cons:
- Website making isn't difficult and while it's hard to make good design, some are happy with what they can make to just appear online
- A lot of people are okay using free templates from Wix and Wordpress etc.
- Market is too saturated.
- I won't stand out and have a hard time getting recognition

MY question is: should I move on to another idea that has lower entry?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
May 24, 2021
Hi,

I want to create my own platform where I sell websites (website designs with frontend and backend files ready) to mainly other businesses. I have provided a list of pros and cons.

Pros:
- I will provide files which means I give them the control contrasting to Wix and Wordpress
- I'm planning to make unique designs for each theme (I mean modern, with good functionality)
- I know a lot of people want to buy it ready without having to spend any time on it
- My idea doesn't require me to work for it as I create my websites first then sell them

Cons:
- Website making isn't difficult and while it's hard to make good design, some are happy with what they can make to just appear online

Don't you mean should you move onto another idea that has HIGHER barriers to ENTRY ? Lower entry markets are the saturated ones.

A

Anon101637

Selling website is kind off dead today you have to find another niche that solves a problem where barrier of entry is higher

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi,

Pros:

Cons:

If these are generic-style websites, then you are up against mega competition from people like ThemeForest or dozens of other theme providers.

But if you could niche down a lot and make a specific type of template that really covers a certain niche - then maybe this could do well.

It just doesn't cost that much to get a website template these days. I personally know some businesses that make smaller themes, and they don't do too well. But, someone like Elementor (who I have also met in person) crush it - but they are running at a massive scale.

What exactly would be the business model here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Hi,

Pros:

Cons:

run it through CENTS
then post the math on the product / margins / cac / ltv / business
that will tell you what to do

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!