The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is 2.5k$ on domain name worth it? Facts inside

dkostadinov01

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
May 31, 2019
Honestly never buy a domain for more than 200 euros. If your original name is occupied come up with a new name + your mission. Example: b2b + peak.com

Also: use only .com so people will trust the website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
Thanks for sharing the name, I would say I feel more strongly about you not buying it. As said above, there are tonnes of cool names which will set you apart. Think of all the biggest companies. Very few, if any have generic names like that. And none have .info.
The hand reg listed above are better IMO.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Depending on your focused niche, how about something that harkens back to 3D movies? Running Shoes - created with ComfortTech3d, ComfortTech3d.com

MrG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 19, 2015
Depending on your focused niche, how about something that harkens back to 3D movies? Running Shoes - created with ComfortTech3d, ComfortTech3d.com
My suggestions (all available):
- 10dprinting.com (10 dimensions, why not ?)
- 33dprinting.com
- 1dprinting.com
- pidprinting.com (pi=3.1415... almost 3)
And more:
- safe3dprinting.com (who doesn't want safety ? :) )
- fantasyprinting.com
A fancy domain can be worth it if has certain branding advantages. I don't think 3dprinting.info has any branding benefit. In fact, I would say the opposite. This brand is forgettable and doesn't differentiate you from the masses. It's not easy to remember (versus 3dprinting.com, and is it threedprinting or 3dprinting if you say it out loud).

You'd be better off paying a couple creatives/writers a few hundred dollars to brainstorm for you. Then, buy the domain for $10.

These are all available as of this moment:

nextgenmaker.com - NextGen Maker can be your moniker for a Youtube-like marketing campaign.
synthetikadesign.com - Synthetika Design Services is your company.
printoutsidethebox.com - "Print Outside the Box" is your brand and motto.

There are a ton of ideas that fit into whatever marketing/business strategy you have in mind. If you can't come up with it, hire someone who can.
Thanks for sharing the name, I would say I feel more strongly about you not buying it. As said above, there are tonnes of cool names which will set you apart. Think of all the biggest companies. Very few, if any have generic names like that. And none have .info.
The hand reg listed above are better IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to disregard then the appearence of 3D all together as a lot of small businesses in this niche contain 3D in their names.

I would like to reference it though, since 3D printing works by "slicing" a 3D file and then printing its layers... I was thinking about using slice + another word that would fit this change in "mindset" "education" "consulting" etc.

What about:

- slicingstudio.com
- slicenovation.com
- slicelane.com
- slicesetter.com

Thanks!

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
.info is useless.
you will always, ALWAYS lose people who try to go to .com, your competitor.
in fact this is exactly what china did to screw over someone who was making money.
they just bought the .com.

You might as well buy .wtf .ninja and .fail
the only one making money form those domains is the one creating them.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Thanks for the suggestions. I would like to disregard then the appearence of 3D all together as a lot of small businesses in this niche contain 3D in their names.

I would like to reference it though, since 3D printing works by "slicing" a 3D file and then printing its layers... I was thinking about using slice + another word that would fit this change in "mindset" "education" "consulting" etc.

What about:

- slicingstudio.com
- slicenovation.com
- slicelane.com
- slicesetter.com

Thanks!
Slicester/Slicestr would be cute

M. F. Faruqi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
May 23, 2018
I started a negotiation with owner at 10k$, he agreed on it for 2.5k$
For me credibility is everything, both in life and in business. It's even more important than money. I negotiate price only if I'm fully interested in buying something. If I offer a price and the seller accepts it, then I'm bound to purchase that thing, no matter how outrageous or a bad the deal is for me. If I don't keep my word by not buying it, I lose credibility.
So here's the scenario: Seller's asking price is 10K. If you asked can you sell it to me for 2.5K? And he accepted your offer then you should purchase it no matter what. But if you've just asked the lowest price from the seller and didn't put an offer, then of course you can change your decision.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
For me credibility is everything, both in life and in business. It's even more important than money. I negotiate price only if I'm fully interested in buying something. If I offer a price and the seller accepts it, then I'm bound to purchase that thing, no matter how outrageous or a bad the deal is for me. If I don't keep my word by not buying it, I lose credibility.
So here's the scenario: Seller's asking price is 10K. If you asked can you sell it to me for 2.5K? And he accepted your offer then you should purchase it no matter what. But if you've just asked the lowest price from the seller and didn't put an offer, then of course you can change your decision.

I dont agree with that, people change there minds in business all the time. Especially after doing more research.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.