The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Domain name being held but not used. What can I do about this?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Visibles

New Contributor
Apr 18, 2018
Philadelphia
Since my post last week I've made tremendous progress into an idea that I feel has serious potential in supporting and connecting non-traditional employees and employers.

During some preliminary research into feasibility, practicality, and if the idea already exists I searched the domain name I was hoping to use and found that it is currently being held by this company: uniregistry.com

They are currently asking for $20,000 minimum offer to secure the domain. I felt that this was an exorbitant price considering the name is not being used for any real website or service.

Is there anything I can do about this besides pay the $20,000? Is this price standard when beginning an online business and I should just swallow the pill and try to pay it?

Would I be better off just finding a different name and hoping it isn't already taken?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
7 Days To Freedom: How To Go From Wantrepreneur To Income Producing Freelancer In Just 7 Days...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Adding in my 2 cents for anyone considering joining. Let me save you the deliberation - join...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom