The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

iPhone Fastlanes: $600K/mo!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I love these stories!

$600K in one month!!

The best part of the story?

It wasn't easy for Nicholas, either. After getting off his shift as an engineer at Sun Microsystems, he worked on iShoot eight hours a day, cradling his 1-year-old son in one hand and coding with the other. He didn't have the money to buy books to learn how to write an iPhone app, so he taught himself by reading websites.

Coder's Half-Million-Dollar Baby Proves iPhone Gold Rush Is Still On | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2008/09/indie-developer.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Its funny how many complain about his app.

"Its hardly original"
"Its not as good as scorched earth"
"All he did was copy"

pff. Who bloody cares. He was able to create a game that made him 600k in one month. Congrats to the guy for making it happen.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Its funny how many complain about his app.

"Its hardly original"
"Its not as good as scorched earth"
"All he did was copy"

F*ck the haters! I'm on a F*cking Boat!!
:rofl:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU[/ame]

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Hmm, what sites did he learn to code from, I gotta these sites :coolgleamA:

With that in mind I don't even own an iPhone(yet) and I'm already seeing room for new apps, just imagine when I become an addict like some of you :smxB:

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
want iPhone fastlane stories? How about the iFart application...

What started modestly enough quickly skyrocketed to nearly unbelievable numbers. From the day of launch through Christmas day, the company sold 100,536 copies of an application that makes a farting sound. At $0.99, that's $99,530.64 in gross sales over the period of 14 days. This translates to a profit of $29,859.19 for Apple, which takes 30 percent off the top of every purchase, and $69,671.45 for the developer. Not a bad fortnight by most people's standards.

While 100,000 copies in the first 14 days is impressive, perhaps more impressive is the sheer volume sold in the last three days. The 22nd, 23rd, 24th, and 25th of December accounted for 85,073 of the 100,536 sales, with Christmas day making up 38,927 of those sales.

Flatulence has never been so profitable: iFart's success - Ars Technica

Compared to a real game that the other guy developed, this is nothing but a high school prank that earned $100k in 3 days.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
I think a lot of these things really show off the the 'power of large numbers'

I mean, just in the US, there are 300million people.
I can't even count to 30,000 in a day, that is just a ton of people.

Almost all of them have some disposable income, and snagging a couple dollars here or there, from a large number of people, adds up to a HUGE amount of money.

The iPhone app thing is just fascinating. People pay $1 or $5 or whatever, and get something cool on their cellphone. Doesn't have to be that impressive, I mean, $5 for a computer application is pretty darn reasonable.

And then you add it up, and ..... the power of large numbers at work!

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
IMHO he shouldn't have quit his job, not in this market. He made a good game and hit one home run, well you can't retire on one home run. Whats he going to get after taxes maybe $1m? Thats not really that much these days, certianly not enough for someone young to retire on.

He kind of jumped the gun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoQuWnJh64[/ame]

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

supraman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 17, 2007
Thats a damn good effort, but is this really fastlane?
I think if was a post from MJ that i read that was saying that you need to be in driving seat not just a passenger.
Not just being an affliate but providing the affliate system.
Isnt that just the case here , hes doing all this work and apple (people in the drivers seat) are racking in the dollars by just providing a platform.

Sure he is making money really fast , but is it really fastlane?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm impressed; how did you get my book already?

Yes this is Fastlane, but it is in the Passenger construct. Isn't PURE Fastlane. There are different levels, or tiers of Fastlane depending on how the operation is structured (Passenger/Driver is one). In the Passenger/Driver relationship the driver always makes more $$ ... but sometimes the distinctions are so large that even in the passenger relationship, a person can exploit the relationship short term.

For example, Eric Schmidt the CEO of Google is a passenger of the Fastlane. I think he's worth close to $4 billion dollars. He's filthy rich and he's a passenger. Google, the driver, is more rich.

supraman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 17, 2007
Ha nah i dont have your book , I read it on here somewhere (cant remember where though). Might of been when the site first started up.

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
I'm impressed; how did you get my book already?

Yes this is Fastlane, but it is in the Passenger construct. Isn't PURE Fastlane. There are different levels, or tiers of Fastlane depending on how the operation is structured (Passenger/Driver is one). In the Passenger/Driver relationship the driver always makes more $$ ... but sometimes the distinctions are so large that even in the passenger relationship, a person can exploit the relationship short term.

I believe I've said this in another thread related to iPhone apps. I see it as the passenger that helps drive the car in the fastlane. Before I was the legal driving age, I used to love to shift gears for my sister in her car or steer the car going down the highway. You can see how the Apple/App developer relationship is like this. Yes, Apple started the car(iPhone/iTouch), and merged it onto the fastlane, but the extensive availability of applications help accelerate the success of Apple(more sales).....if that makes sense. Think about Apple's marketing campaign for the iPhone/iTouch. Just about every advertisement boasts about the availability of user created apps.

On a side note, I downloaded iShoot on my phone about a month ago and LOVE it haha.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.