The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ipad 2 vs Tablets

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Which do you prefer for your business?

If Apps were not a factor and you were looking to use it strictly for business purposes such as storing files, sending documents, email, etc...

And if the answer is a tablet, which one?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Based on your criteria I would still buy a laptop vs. a tablet.

More bang for the buck for that application, and about 1/2 as expensive as an iPad.

If I were going to buy a tablet, though, the Samsung Galaxy Tab (32GB) is the clear non-Apple winner.

Apple iPad will continue with over 80% marketshare. Samsung is #2 marketshare, and everybody else fights over the scraps that are left.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I've got an HP touchpad for light browsing etc.. Of course I had to then buy a bluetooth keyboard, but do prefer a laptop. it's just easier to use a finger pad navigating than it is touching a screen. I think the ideal is a thin convertible notebook to give you the best of both worlds. That's what I'll be looking for next time around.

Vhwin

Hungry Newbie
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 20, 2011
Australia
What system do you prefer?Apple, Android, Windows or Blackberry?

Tablets generally have a battery life of 6 to 10 hours, majority of laptops 2 to 3, how mobile are you and what importance would that put on the battery life?

Looking at the hardware, some come with usb ports, some don't, what would the impact be on your business if you couldn't transfer files with a usb stick?

Cheers,
Victor

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
The reason why I'm looking at tablets is so that I have something thats easy to carry around with me to show potential customers and because of the long shelf life. I think I'm better off going with a tablet, like the samsung galaxy, over the Ipad. I'm not concerned with all the apps on the Ipad. I wouldn't have much use for them. Plus I think it would be easier to transfer documents back and forth between my work PC and a tablet.

Jcapuano

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Nov 11, 2011
Smithfield, RI
In business I'd say that a tablet or Ipad's use isn't just limited to docs, emails, etc... What type of business you use it for determines which tablet and what programs would best suit you and let's face it, you are not just going to end up using it for your business because it is such a convenience to have.
Although I am a PC user and I prefer them over almost any Apple products, I do own a 64G 3G+Wifi Ipad 2. I have to say other than the terrible quality from both the cameras it is one of the best purchases I have ever made. My friends use a few other tablets and in comparison it just outperforms in almost every way. And this is coming from a tech user that hates the Iphone's texting keyboard, small screen, "simplified" desktop, etc... That being said, I feel that graphics, audio, processing speed, and many others factors play a huge role in how well your ipad or tablet fits your needs, and all those amenities are relevant in business.
Want to check a competitors new commercial? You need good graphics and clear audio. Show a how-to video on youtube to see how to change the mass air flow sensor in your car? You need fast internet and a hands free tablet that is easy to use and simple to navigate through. Again, it all depends on what you need it for though.
My Ipad2 has great graphics, it is easy to carry around, feels sturdy in my hands and I don't feel like I will break it, and it also has MJ's T.M.F. downloaded on the kindle app so it couldn't be better right hahaha. I don't have a data plan on it (I use my HTC Thunderbolt's 4G hotspot to give it internet access: Unlimited 4G for $30/mo. vs Ipad's 1 Gigabyte 3G for $20/mo.) so I don't know how well it picks up on the 3G networks but for overall use it's fantastic. I can transfer the documents to my computer easily, and there is more than enough storage space.

The Mobileme app is also a lifesaver for tablets because they are obviously expensive items and when you live in a college setting (or really any setting for that matter) there has to be a solid way to protect that investment. I know we arent talking about apps but the fact that apple has this and other tablets dont is something that is very important to me in a business sense. Mobileme let's you track you ipad by GPS if it is stolen, and honestly the only other way to get this equivalent feature is to buy lojack which is around 600 bucks... I also use it in conjunction with "where's my droid" which lets me get GPS coordinates of my phone if I lose it or if it gets stolen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.