The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inventory Software, For Pharmacies

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Hi, my name is Damy and I’m from Nigeria. I have had this idea long before i read the MFL and knew about this forum but I’m glad to share it here for direction and advice.

The idea is an inventory software idea for pharmacies and drug stores to add their inventory ( drugs and supplies) which I would make available online for people to have access to check availability and price. Also as seen from your book- to generate leads.

I came about the idea when I was sick and needed to get a particular drug. I had to go round town checking different drug stores before I could get the drug and in the process spent a lot of time and resources doing a merry go round.
So I thought it would be nice to be able to assist other people in similar situations.

I want to take action but I don’t know where to start from—-shared the idea with a few close friends and they seem to like the idea but without action and implementation, it’s just a waste!

I would like a vote on the idea and appreciate any help and idea on how to start!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hard to say as most of the folks here aren't familiar with Nigerian laws and the logistics of drugs in your country. I don't think this need exists here in the states.

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Hard to say as most of the folks here aren't familiar with Nigerian laws and the logistics of drugs in your country. I don't think this need exists here in the states.
Thank you. But considering on a general basis, does the idea sound like it could work?
Firstly there is no platform in the same business yet --- Entry
I will have some level of control since people will need to get drugs and even the largest drugstore might not have a particular drug at a particular time. All i have to do is make sure the service is up and running.
Also here in my country i feel there is a need that can be met ( the drug law is not as solid as the States - you can walk into any drugstore and get any drug as long as there is a prescription or you know the name of the drug and its available )
My time will be spent on advertising and opening up people to the idea of ease of finding what they are looking for?
It should also be scalable in the sense that i can apply the system to other consumer products e.g travel by road ( you do have to get a transport company on board )

To cap it, i would like to ascertain if the inventory software idea does actually make sense.

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019

Hi MJ,
Trust you are doing great.
Please I would like to have an idea how you started your limo lead service back then.
I have a near similar idea but for the pharmacy niche....helping end users find drugstores and price of a particular drug they want around their location.
I have looked into the regulations here in my country and I won’t be breaking any rules.
I would appreciate your assistance and I’m available to answer any other questions.
Thank you and do have a nice day.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
3+ months between your last two posts. What have you done and LEARNED?

Your idea is solving a need for the people needing the drugs. But it will be used by and billed to pharmacies. What benefits / incentives do they get?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Sounds like a solid enough plan. In the US pretty much every pharmacy has the same thing, but I can see that being useful in a place where that's not the case.

softwareRules

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Aug 25, 2019
Canada
Hi, my name is Damy and I’m from Nigeria. I have had this idea long before i read the MFL and knew about this forum but I’m glad to share it here for direction and advice.

The idea is an inventory software idea for pharmacies and drug stores to add their inventory ( drugs and supplies) which I would make available online for people to have access to check availability and price. Also as seen from your book- to generate leads.

I came about the idea when I was sick and needed to get a particular drug. I had to go round town checking different drug stores before I could get the drug and in the process spent a lot of time and resources doing a merry go round.
So I thought it would be nice to be able to assist other people in similar situations.

I want to take action but I don’t know where to start from—-shared the idea with a few close friends and they seem to like the idea but without action and implementation, it’s just a waste!

I would like a vote on the idea and appreciate any help and idea on how to start!

The software would be the easiest and cheapest part of this idea to build. The hard part is that you need a sales team to go to each pharmacy and convince them to add the inventory to your system. That's many many years and lots of capital invested for who knows what kind of ROI.

If you want to build software, just join a software development agency or software company and work for the dollars. Let the agency or company handle the sales, save some money, and later on you can use the knowledge you gained and the money you saved to hire the sales team you need to build and sell and get customers.

50% of software is marketing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.