The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Invention Advise, Prototype being made!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Hello all, after months of 3d modeling and 3D printing, my invention is finally in the prototype phase. I currently have a manufacture working on it, and expect it to be delivered in about 19 days. Since I have a little down time for this project, I wanted to start researching into the paperwork phase. Anyone have an invention they have put out from start to finish? Just curious what my next step is.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Get patent for it (You can start with provisional, for lower few hundreds bucks)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
@Spikeroo

What is your marketing plan or your strategy to get it to market? Are you looking at licensing it or venturing it?

These questions can change the strategy you should move forward with.

John Betts

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 2, 2020
Northern New Jersey, USA
Can look into licensing as an option as well. Invent Right with Stephen Key has a great program that will help move your idea to market. Industry multiple for being a lessor as described in The Millionaire Fastlane is still ~14 alongside being a patent holder.

Last edited:

Spikeroo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Aug 17, 2011
Merritt Island, Fl
Looking to manufacture and sell myself. I looking to patent it, and not sure where to start with the process. I've seen a few youtube videos but wanted to ask someone who actually did it.

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
Couple of different routes you can go... from a business perspective you want to go with a PPA (Provisional Patent Application) first. This gives you 12 months of Patent Pending Status to get designs, manufacturing, and move towards getting it on the market.

If you have money to invest then engaging an attorney and having them take care of it is the safest way to go. If you are not flush with cash then doing it yourself is an option. (some people are not comfortable with doing it themselves) There are many books to read and youtube videos to follow which will give you the path to go.

Shameless self-plug: I built a simple to follow software where it breaks the process down step by step with videos and examples to follow. After you type in your answers to the questions it will generate the document you file with the USPTO. It's like Turbo Tax or H&R Block if you have ever used their software.

PM if you are interested and I can give you a link. TY

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.