Hey guys,
I'm thrilled to have read MJ's book and now to be a member of this forum. It really seems like a positive place to learn and grow as an entrepreneur. The challenge is going to be utilizing all of the resources and knowledge - not a bad problem to have!
In a nutshell, I am a newbie in information marketing. As MJ writes, if I can identify a need that is very specific but applies to thousands- if not millions - of people that's something I can run with. Yet I seem to have writer's block in this area...
I know it's not easy. I know I have to find it myself, but I would love to hear from people who have built profitable businesses:
-How did you find your niche?
-How much expertise/knowledge did you have before hand?
-How confident/certain were you that you had found the right niche?
-What strategies did you try? What worked and what didn't?
Regarding my last question, for weeks I have been 'spying' on different chat rooms and discussion forums on a variety of different subjects trying to see what people have been talking about online. I thought I had a decent idea in creating some kind of investment training program for young professionals (I found that quite a few folks in their mid 20s have no idea what to do with newly acquired disposable income) but there were a number of problems with that I think. Is there a more efficient way to go about finding opportunities?
Thanks again, guys. I'm excited to be here.
I'm thrilled to have read MJ's book and now to be a member of this forum. It really seems like a positive place to learn and grow as an entrepreneur. The challenge is going to be utilizing all of the resources and knowledge - not a bad problem to have!
In a nutshell, I am a newbie in information marketing. As MJ writes, if I can identify a need that is very specific but applies to thousands- if not millions - of people that's something I can run with. Yet I seem to have writer's block in this area...
I know it's not easy. I know I have to find it myself, but I would love to hear from people who have built profitable businesses:
-How did you find your niche?
-How much expertise/knowledge did you have before hand?
-How confident/certain were you that you had found the right niche?
-What strategies did you try? What worked and what didn't?
Regarding my last question, for weeks I have been 'spying' on different chat rooms and discussion forums on a variety of different subjects trying to see what people have been talking about online. I thought I had a decent idea in creating some kind of investment training program for young professionals (I found that quite a few folks in their mid 20s have no idea what to do with newly acquired disposable income) but there were a number of problems with that I think. Is there a more efficient way to go about finding opportunities?
Thanks again, guys. I'm excited to be here.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
