The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction

Haris101

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 20, 2022
Hi hope everyone is well, I looking forward to see how this forum can help and guide my way to finacal freedom. We all have our reasons to be on here, I have searched along time to find the way to start my own business since the age of 17 I have been working on different projects many failed now I’m 26 I have a business that has allowed me to leave my job if I needed to but I still haven’t. This is where it gets complicated for me, I have grown up and worked in a family business from a young age my family is from India originally when my grandad came to England and started his retails business since then the family has grown to turn over 55million pounds each year and growing. I run one of the companies you can say I am the boss I have 60 employees under me and can drive and go holiday as I please. But due to being in large family we are questioned and have to follow rules of our elders. I have to work 5 days and most times 6 ( which I don’t mind we have never been scared of hard work ) most times 12-15 hours a day and also have to ask for pay rises have to ask for holidays and many times I tried to leave the business but my father would stop speaking to me. in our culture and religion we have to please our parents, so I decided to come back. But now I have realised I need to add value in such a way I can have my own business that outgrows my family’s from to understand me and I can go my own. As I don’t wish to work under anyone any my dad knows that’s how I am. So I look forward to help and advice form member of this forums to help me and continue on my journey.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
First - welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. Second, which of MJ's books have you read? I recommend you find the thread, "I've read (name of the book)" and drop a comment. That puts the chevron under your name so we know you speak our language and understand our concepts.

Now to your challenge. Our family, religious and cultural beliefs can be both great sources of strength and major obstacles to success. You can take some comfort in knowing that you're not the first person who has had to make these hard choices and many of them have gone on to great success. My personal opinion is that if our family truly loves us, they'll want us to succeed and set us free. Too many "elders" view love as "do what I say," "it worked for me, it will work for you" and so on. That is not love, that is control. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh or over critical of family. But the truth is often harsh.

Religious and cultural beliefs are, in many ways, easier to escape IF you want to. We chose our religion - or no religion. We chose to follow our cultural mores or not. I'm not saying the choice is easy, but it is a choice. We don't chose our family - they are our family no matter what we do. How we relate with them is our choice.

Do you see the work I keep repeating? CHOICE

smn03

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 29, 2022
Hi hope everyone is well, I looking forward to see how this forum can help and guide my way to finacal freedom. We all have our reasons to be on here, I have searched along time to find the way to start my own business since the age of 17 I have been working on different projects many failed now I’m 26 I have a business that has allowed me to leave my job if I needed to but I still haven’t. This is where it gets complicated for me, I have grown up and worked in a family business from a young age my family is from India originally when my grandad came to England and started his retails business since then the family has grown to turn over 55million pounds each year and growing. I run one of the companies you can say I am the boss I have 60 employees under me and can drive and go holiday as I please. But due to being in large family we are questioned and have to follow rules of our elders. I have to work 5 days and most times 6 ( which I don’t mind we have never been scared of hard work ) most times 12-15 hours a day and also have to ask for pay rises have to ask for holidays and many times I tried to leave the business but my father would stop speaking to me. in our culture and religion we have to please our parents, so I decided to come back. But now I have realised I need to add value in such a way I can have my own business that outgrows my family’s from to understand me and I can go my own. As I don’t wish to work under anyone any my dad knows that’s how I am. So I look forward to help and advice form member of this forums to help me and continue on my journey.
Have you read TMFL? Unscripted ?

Haris101

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
May 20, 2022
Than
First - welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here. Second, which of MJ's books have you read? I recommend you find the thread, "I've read (name of the book)" and drop a comment. That puts the chevron under your name so we know you speak our language and understand our concepts.

Now to your challenge. Our family, religious and cultural beliefs can be both great sources of strength and major obstacles to success. You can take some comfort in knowing that you're not the first person who has had to make these hard choices and many of them have gone on to great success. My personal opinion is that if our family truly loves us, they'll want us to succeed and set us free. Too many "elders" view love as "do what I say," "it worked for me, it will work for you" and so on. That is not love, that is control. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh or over critical of family. But the truth is often harsh.

Religious and cultural beliefs are, in many ways, easier to escape IF you want to. We chose our religion - or no religion. We chose to follow our cultural mores or not. I'm not saying the choice is easy, but it is a choice. We don't chose our family - they are our family no matter what we do. How we relate with them is our choice.

Do you see the work I keep repeating? CHOICe thank you for taking your time out to reply to my induction.
I am currently working on my new idea it’s taking 2 years to develop it hopefully looking to launch it in June.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...