Chad S
PARKED
Hi to all the Fastlaners,
I stumbled upon MJ's book a couple days ago, downloaded the eBook to my Mac and read it "cover-to-cover" inside of 24 hours. I'm not that fast of a reader, but it kept my interest. I'm quick to cut my losses short if I don't sense value in the pages and I agree with others on here that it is one of the best concise overviews of "the mindset" I've ever read. I've read everything else cited in the book, and agree with their shortcomings as well. In short: I agree, I agree, I agree!
Just a bit about me. I figured out that jobs are a non-starter when I did that back-of-the-envelope math 20 years ago when I was 15. I've always been more interested in financial upside and freedom over the slow-and-steady concept of a paycheck. I've thus avoided getting job like the plague. So far, so good...
I studied mechanical engineering in graduate school, then did an MBA. Truly, the learning starts when you graduate. I started my first company six months before I was done with college and sold it two years later to a large public corporation. It was a wireless system for agriculture and based on a need my cousin (who is the farmer) expressed while working in his fields.
After selling that, I formed a new venture to innovate in the consumer product space. It started as a prototype in my garage and then through a few steps it scaled to being in the 80,000 sq.ft. building I'm writing this message from today. I recently sold that too to a different public corporation, but am hanging on as a consultant for awhile while I think about "what's next."
My mentality has been towards #2 on the Interstate list, "Innovation." I'm intrigued by the internet, but haven't tried making money in that space other than selling my products via that channel (which was always a tiny fraction of our revenue - most of it came from Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, etc). Anyway, looking forward to learning from others here and elsewhere.
Chad
I stumbled upon MJ's book a couple days ago, downloaded the eBook to my Mac and read it "cover-to-cover" inside of 24 hours. I'm not that fast of a reader, but it kept my interest. I'm quick to cut my losses short if I don't sense value in the pages and I agree with others on here that it is one of the best concise overviews of "the mindset" I've ever read. I've read everything else cited in the book, and agree with their shortcomings as well. In short: I agree, I agree, I agree!
Just a bit about me. I figured out that jobs are a non-starter when I did that back-of-the-envelope math 20 years ago when I was 15. I've always been more interested in financial upside and freedom over the slow-and-steady concept of a paycheck. I've thus avoided getting job like the plague. So far, so good...
I studied mechanical engineering in graduate school, then did an MBA. Truly, the learning starts when you graduate. I started my first company six months before I was done with college and sold it two years later to a large public corporation. It was a wireless system for agriculture and based on a need my cousin (who is the farmer) expressed while working in his fields.
After selling that, I formed a new venture to innovate in the consumer product space. It started as a prototype in my garage and then through a few steps it scaled to being in the 80,000 sq.ft. building I'm writing this message from today. I recently sold that too to a different public corporation, but am hanging on as a consultant for awhile while I think about "what's next."
My mentality has been towards #2 on the Interstate list, "Innovation." I'm intrigued by the internet, but haven't tried making money in that space other than selling my products via that channel (which was always a tiny fraction of our revenue - most of it came from Wal-Mart, Target, Home Depot, etc). Anyway, looking forward to learning from others here and elsewhere.
Chad
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
