The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction - my story so far

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Hello everyone,

I'm David and I live in Israel.
From a young age i've been aiming to reach the fastlane (I started by selling candies at kindergarden for nickles, and continued with fire-crackers at junior-high for bigger amounts :smxF: ).
Along the years i've had plenty of ideas for businesses - and some of them actually got fullfilled by other people and companies who thought of them aswell (I take it as a compliment rather than be discourged by it).

I've started some E-business projects years ago, but somewhere near the end of creating them I realized they were empty of content - just like bubles and decided that this is not the kind of businesses I want to deal with.

Somewhere in high-school I realized that I dont want to be like everybody else, and that I want to start my own bussiness - and be able to retire in my early 30's.

since then I put aside my financial ambitions while serving in the army as a field officer, but now as my release date is not too far, i'm starting to prepare myself for the the time i've always waited for - the time to fullfill my dream.

My general direction is Real-Estate, but I'm also attracted to businesses who offer new concepts, and E-businesses.

I'm looking forward to get to know the people of this community, and learn from you all - so far i've read the success stories of PhxMJ and Steve'O and I must say they really made me feel excited, as they awoken parts of me that have been sleeping for quite a while - so thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to the fastlane!! Looks like you have had the entrepreneurial spirit from the very beginning. :Welcome:

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
Hello David and welcome to TheFastlane, thanks for the introduction.
Nice to see fellow Israelis on the site, where are you from? I live in Tel-Aviv, shoot me a PM and I'd love to meet up with a fellow fastlaner :smx6:
Cheers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome David and thanks for posting the story. You definitely have the "Fastlane" mindset (selling contraband as a child!) Ha Ha - shame shame!

BryanC

Banned
Oct 20, 2008
Palm Beach
Great post and welcome to the fastlane! Looks like you started hustling early on just by identifying the needs of your class mates. When I was in Elementary school, I learned the fundamental elements of hustling myself. I used to do the same with all kinds of goods like pencils, erasers, rulers, notebook paper, candy, video games, and toys. LoL. Through out the years, I kept about half my back pack filled with inventory. And this was a must at all times cause if they didn't have the money and I did a demonstration on the product and they came back to school the next day with money in hand, I had to have inventory to fulfill that instant on the spot demand for a Megazord. Plus I had several ventures in highschool like lawn business and other odd ventures.

But yeah, those were really the best years cause I believe I learned the basic mechanics of economics, exchange, and customer satisfaction. I also began to learn the timeless concept that if you take care of other people, their money will take care of you. It always began at the customer first.

I'd say that after you get out of the Military, you should try to apply what you learned from your other ventures to some kind of online site that is rich in content and can provide an affordable solution to consumers. Do it WHILE your learning Real Estate. That is fastlane!

Good luck and I wish you a bright future! :Welcome:

LaughedAt

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 20, 2007
Israel
I love Haifa, I'm actually moving down there soon, gonna get out of Tel-Aviv soon, it's insanely expensive and I've been wondering whether it was really worth the struggle!
As for my business experience, it's very limited to what I'd like to call "Childish Biz" where I was involved in money-making ventures hoping for the quick buck, some worked out and some didn't, but so far I've yet to become an "official" business owner.
I'll be in Haifa tomorrow, if you'd like to PM and maybe we'll meet up for a cup of coffee, it would be very nice to meet like-minded locals :smx6:
Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...