Introducing myself, I am Ed Schimmel, working as a software developer for over 25 years. Besides software development, I have a great affinity with graphic design and making art, in the form of paintings and prints. I have always been open to starting something for myself, as a software developer or as an artist. Unfortunately, so far it hasn't been successful.
In 2013 I moved from The Netherlands to Australia, where I continued my software development career. I became unhappier about my working situation and was looking for a way out.
I joined another group about becoming independent and started reading some of the advised books, The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , together with a few other useful books. This gave me more insights into where I went wrong in the past and how I could avoid making the same mistakes in the future. I regret not joining this forum earlier. I think it might have helped me a lot the last few years, but alas it is never too late.
The main lesson that I got from your books is that a person has to create a passive income stream that doesn't request much of his time. Being a software engineer I got the opportunity to start building on a SaaS product, that is soft-launched not long ago. My partner, who requested the product, would take care of the marketing, but is less interested.
So I am on the way up, but need to take the last few steps.
Currently, I am in the situation that I have a complete product, that is primarily interesting to my partner's following/members. His large following was an important reason for me to start this journey and activate a passive income stream.
At the moment, he is not interested in marketing the product under the proposed conditions. We agreed that I could market the product myself, not using his name. I will also not directly post my product to his following. There is a lot more to explain about this, but as this is an introduction I will leave that for later.
Another complication is that in my current contract I am not allowed to work on my own business without the permission of my employer. I think the clause is there to keep employees focused on the company's work and not drifting away. This makes it more difficult to promote my service on social media or LinkedIn, as it might get noticed by colleagues.
I have a few ideas on how to promote the product, like writing a short booklet and publishing it on Amazon, but I am open to suggestions.
Kind regards,
Ed Schimmel
In 2013 I moved from The Netherlands to Australia, where I continued my software development career. I became unhappier about my working situation and was looking for a way out.
I joined another group about becoming independent and started reading some of the advised books, The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , together with a few other useful books. This gave me more insights into where I went wrong in the past and how I could avoid making the same mistakes in the future. I regret not joining this forum earlier. I think it might have helped me a lot the last few years, but alas it is never too late.
The main lesson that I got from your books is that a person has to create a passive income stream that doesn't request much of his time. Being a software engineer I got the opportunity to start building on a SaaS product, that is soft-launched not long ago. My partner, who requested the product, would take care of the marketing, but is less interested.
So I am on the way up, but need to take the last few steps.
Currently, I am in the situation that I have a complete product, that is primarily interesting to my partner's following/members. His large following was an important reason for me to start this journey and activate a passive income stream.
At the moment, he is not interested in marketing the product under the proposed conditions. We agreed that I could market the product myself, not using his name. I will also not directly post my product to his following. There is a lot more to explain about this, but as this is an introduction I will leave that for later.
Another complication is that in my current contract I am not allowed to work on my own business without the permission of my employer. I think the clause is there to keep employees focused on the company's work and not drifting away. This makes it more difficult to promote my service on social media or LinkedIn, as it might get noticed by colleagues.
I have a few ideas on how to promote the product, like writing a short booklet and publishing it on Amazon, but I am open to suggestions.
Kind regards,
Ed Schimmel
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
