The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction - Cameron

Onion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2023
Hi, I'm Cameron. I live in Australia. I've read the book (Millionaire Fastlane ) a while ago now. I'm in my early twenties and I have a fiancee and life is generally going up for me.

I think the thing I've learned this year is that when I've been too obsessed with money after reading and seeing all these successful people on social media, I forget about everything else and try to come up with ways to cut corners; so I've decided to not care about if I do or don't. I've decided to adopt a new philosophy where as long as I'm building cool things, solving problems, learn and generally just doing my best and live a life I can be proud of, it's enough. However, I feel like if I do all that decently, the money could come as well, which would be a nice bonus.

Another thing I've learned this year is that there is no true clear path for a lot of what people want. Sure, there are guides, but a lot of it is just trial and error. Some of this trial and error have led me to see the point of life as trying to paint a picture with your actions and make it as beautiful as you can. It's all subjective, but this has been a nice shift in thinking for me. This has culminated in thinking about what I might like or not like, and figuring out actions I can do which may help me reach them. Some of the actions I'm developing is eating healthier and exercising more, reading and learning more, taking advice from mentors, etc, all stuff which I can say I'd be proud of. Topics I really care about improving is my technical computer knowledge, such as web development, AI and mathematics, OS', Unix/Windows, scripting, lots of programming languages, etc. I am also getting into learning more about sales too, not because I want to be a salesperson, but I am beginning to believe that even if you're not in sales, you're in sales; I am now beginning to see that if I want something in life, I need to be able to sell. In a small addition to all of this, I'm also taking steps to improve my relationship as I'm a bit thick in this domain and I always need to work at it haha.

What I'm doing right now lines up relatively well with this. I'm finishing my uni degree in Computer Science and I'm working full-time as a wordpress developer. As of now, I've got lots of mental roadblocks in my way towards making something which lines up with the CENTS model. I know there is a lot of buzz going on with AI, and while I do have some experience in it, if I worry too much about the noise, I get frantic whereas I think I can work better if I relax, really be mindful about things, and then get to work and just get into the grind of reaching some end, rather than try cut corners.

That's about all I can brain dump for now. I'd like to think I can get to know some of you a bit better and provide some regular updates on what I'm up to and provide encouragement for anyone else who has already achieved or surpassed what they want, or are somewhere similar to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Onion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 30, 2023
Hi, I'm Cameron. I live in Australia. I've read the book (Millionaire Fastlane ) a while ago now. I'm in my early twenties and I have a fiancee and life is generally going up for me.

I think the thing I've learned this year is that when I've been too obsessed with money after reading and seeing all these successful people on social media, I forget about everything else and try to come up with ways to cut corners; so I've decided to not care about if I do or don't. I've decided to adopt a new philosophy where as long as I'm building cool things, solving problems, learn and generally just doing my best and live a life I can be proud of, it's enough. However, I feel like if I do all that decently, the money could come as well, which would be a nice bonus.

Another thing I've learned this year is that there is no true clear path for a lot of what people want. Sure, there are guides, but a lot of it is just trial and error. Some of this trial and error have led me to see the point of life as trying to paint a picture with your actions and make it as beautiful as you can. It's all subjective, but this has been a nice shift in thinking for me. This has culminated in thinking about what I might like or not like, and figuring out actions I can do which may help me reach them. Some of the actions I'm developing is eating healthier and exercising more, reading and learning more, taking advice from mentors, etc, all stuff which I can say I'd be proud of. Topics I really care about improving is my technical computer knowledge, such as web development, AI and mathematics, OS', Unix/Windows, scripting, lots of programming languages, etc. I am also getting into learning more about sales too, not because I want to be a salesperson, but I am beginning to believe that even if you're not in sales, you're in sales; I am now beginning to see that if I want something in life, I need to be able to sell. In a small addition to all of this, I'm also taking steps to improve my relationship as I'm a bit thick in this domain and I always need to work at it haha.

What I'm doing right now lines up relatively well with this. I'm finishing my uni degree in Computer Science and I'm working full-time as a wordpress developer. As of now, I've got lots of mental roadblocks in my way towards making something which lines up with the CENTS model. I know there is a lot of buzz going on with AI, and while I do have some experience in it, if I worry too much about the noise, I get frantic whereas I think I can work better if I relax, really be mindful about things, and then get to work and just get into the grind of reaching some end, rather than try cut corners.

That's about all I can brain dump for now. I'd like to think I can get to know some of you a bit better and provide some regular updates on what I'm up to and provide encouragement for anyone else who has already achieved or surpassed what they want, or are somewhere similar to me.
@MJ DeMarco

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...