- Joined
- Jul 20, 2018
- Messages
- 10
Rep Bank
$220
$220
User Power: 140%
Quick stats
So those quick stats should give you an pretty good idea about where I fit amongst all of you here in the forum. I'm laying it all out here, because in the welcome message to this forum, there are links to a few "fastlane forum 1 year mark" posts hand-picked by @MJ DeMarco - after reading them, I thought I better "mark" my current position and details, so that when I look back to a year from now, I can gauge my progress. Here goes:
Before reading unscripted:
In summary I thought I was ahead of the game. Based on:
In summary: I'm far from being ahead of the game. Based on:
So what am I going to do about all this?
TBH, I have no idea right now. It's a lot to take in, as Unscripted has turned my image of how I view my own financial situation on its head. I need finish eating my humble pie, before I can get down to business. Unloading all of the above on this forum was my first step, and so far more cathartic than I thought it would be.
That's me. When I get my shit together I'll post again, with what I'm going to do.
- Age: 32
- Family: Wife and baby (1 year old)
- Job: Yes
- Debt: Yes -
- student loan paid off in full, just this year
- house mortgage about 15 years left
- Passive income: Yes - stocks & bonds enough which earn me about $50 every 6 months
- Read fastlane: No
- Read unscripted : Yes - started reading on July 12th, finished today
- Joined fastlane forum: Yes - today
- Did network marketing: Yes - nest loss of a few $1000 over about a year, in my early 20s
- Start ups: Yes - attempted and failed at 2 in my early 20s
So those quick stats should give you an pretty good idea about where I fit amongst all of you here in the forum. I'm laying it all out here, because in the welcome message to this forum, there are links to a few "fastlane forum 1 year mark" posts hand-picked by @MJ DeMarco - after reading them, I thought I better "mark" my current position and details, so that when I look back to a year from now, I can gauge my progress. Here goes:
Before reading unscripted:
In summary I thought I was ahead of the game. Based on:
- Run my own business - software consulting
- Make decent money - just under 10k each month -
- Have manageable debt - student loan paid off, "only" 15 years left on my mortgages (felt awesome about myself for being in a position to take on a 20 year loan instead of a 30 year loan at the beginning)
- Have some passive income using dollar cost averaging in stocks ETFs and bonds ETFs
- Each month, the money I earn outpaces the money I need
In summary: I'm far from being ahead of the game. Based on:
- That business isn't a business, it's a job in disguise. The definition of a job being that I'm trading time for money.
- My decent money now is still at the behest of my single client - lose that client, and I'm bust. Sure I have saved up enough for some runway, so it isn't a disaster, but that amount that I have is sweet-F*ck-all compared to the "F*ck you" money needed to walk out of a job.
- "Manageable" debt still means that my bank owns my house, and thus still a noose around my neck. I need to own it in the clear, and sooner than 15 years. IDGAF if everyone else who bought at the same time as me still has 25 years left.
- Yeah, my passive income of $100 ain't gonna snowball to anything I can live off anytime soon. I'll be using a walking stick by the time that that grows into something I can live off.
So what am I going to do about all this?
TBH, I have no idea right now. It's a lot to take in, as Unscripted has turned my image of how I view my own financial situation on its head. I need finish eating my humble pie, before I can get down to business. Unloading all of the above on this forum was my first step, and so far more cathartic than I thought it would be.
That's me. When I get my shit together I'll post again, with what I'm going to do.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
