The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introducing myself -> Real Estate Journey

Ginotocino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Apr 16, 2018
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to join this forum. I'm from the SF Bay area and my goal is to change cities and skylines with buildings that are design forward, sustainable, transit oriented, community focused, and net zero (or even better, net positive).

I'm pretty new to the industry and I'm a career changer with a healthcare background. I worked at a pharmaceutical company full time helping patients with their drug payments. At night and weekends, I helped patients as a pharmacy technician because I was aiming to become a pharmacist. From my perspective, I couldn't see myself doing these jobs forever. This all changed when I came across a book called,"Rich Dad Poor Dad."

The enlightenment from reading the book sparked massive curiosity. I started my search by surfing online, then by reading books, and then finally networking at real estate investment meetings. I found many small real estate investors and their stories, but for some reason, I felt that I needed something bigger.

At this time, my mindset was so small, limited, and fixed. I couldn't grasp what was possible. I needed to see it for myself and jump in the industry.

The first chance that I had to leave my job, I took the jump into real estate as a full time real estate agent. Residential real estate brokerage companies are notorious for hiring anybody with a pulse and no experience. I had no sales skills, very limited entrepreneurial awareness, social anxiety, a problem with speaking, and no savings, but I jumped in anyways.

Fast forward through 2.5 years, I bought my first property to flip this past week and I finished creating my company's LLC. I'm very excited for what's coming up next in my life and pushing to get to my goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
Hi everyone,
I'm excited to join this forum. I'm from the SF Bay area and my goal is to change cities and skylines with buildings that are design forward, sustainable, transit oriented, community focused, and net zero (or even better, net positive).

I'm pretty new to the industry and I'm a career changer with a healthcare background. I worked at a pharmaceutical company full time helping patients with their drug payments. At night and weekends, I helped patients as a pharmacy technician because I was aiming to become a pharmacist. From my perspective, I couldn't see myself doing these jobs forever. This all changed when I came across a book called,"Rich Dad Poor Dad."

The enlightenment from reading book sparked massive curiosity. I started my search by surfing online, then by reading books, and then finally networking at real estate investment meetings. I found many small real estate investors and their stories, but for some reason, I felt that I needed something bigger.

At this time, my mindset was so small, limited, and fixed. I couldn't grasp what was possible. I needed to see it for myself and jump in the industry.

The first chance that I had to leave my job, I took the jump into real estate as a full time real estate agent. Residential real estate brokerage companies are notorious for hiring anybody with a pulse and no experience. I had no sales skills, very limited entrepreneurial awareness, social anxiety, a problem with speaking, and no savings, but I jumped in anyways.

Fast forward through 2.5 years, I bought my first property to flip this past week and I finished creating my company's LLC. I'm very excited for what's coming up next in my life and pushing to get to my goals.

I'm starting off as a real estate agent too. How hard is it to begin? Did you make a lot of sales especially if you don't have any leads at first or any regular customers?

I've helped flip my family friend's house this past year and I'm hoping to manage her next property so I learned a lot from that but I want to learn how to make a good deal.

Good luck on your flip! Let us know how it goes.

Ginotocino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Apr 16, 2018
I'm starting off as a real estate agent too. How hard is it to begin? Did you make a lot of sales especially if you don't have any leads at first or any regular customers?

I've helped flip my family friend's house this past year and I'm hoping to manage her next property so I learned a lot from that but I want to learn how to make a good deal.

Good luck on your flip! Let us know how it goes.

Hey NadiaZ,

My first year and a half was very hard and I sold 6 properties as a buyer's agent. I mostly helped people in my sphere of influence.

I think if I would have done it again that I would have chosen a better brokerage, network and learn from top agents a lot more, and also join a coaching program right away.

Hopefully this helps!

NadiaZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 27, 2018
Kansas City
Hey NadiaZ,

My first year and a half was very hard and I sold 6 properties as a buyer's agent. I mostly helped people in my sphere of influence.

I think if I would have done it again that I would have chosen a better brokerage, network and learn from top agents a lot more, and also join a coaching program right away.

Hopefully this helps!

thanks for the info

JohnD Realestate

New to Online retail
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Dec 23, 2017
Chappaqua
Hi everyone,

The enlightenment from reading the book sparked massive curiosity. I started my search by surfing online, then by reading books, and then finally networking at real estate investment meetings. I found many small real estate investors and their stories, but for some reason, I felt that I needed something bigger.

Lot of great books out there on RE. My favs are “crushing it in commercial RE” by Brian Murray and “the millionaire RE investor” Garrett Keller.

Edit garret keller also wrote the millionaire real estate agent which I would read if I was an agent.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
Hi Gino! Looks like you're an action taker who's already succeeding! I look forward to learning where your journey goes from here! That first line about your goal is a really powerful, inspiring mission statement in real estate.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...