• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Introducing myself -> Real Estate Journey

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Ginotocino, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Ginotocino

Ginotocino New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Hi everyone,
    I'm excited to join this forum. I'm from the SF Bay area and my goal is to change cities and skylines with buildings that are design forward, sustainable, transit oriented, community focused, and net zero (or even better, net positive).

I'm pretty new to the industry and I'm a career changer with a healthcare background. I worked at a pharmaceutical company full time helping patients with their drug payments. At night and weekends, I helped patients as a pharmacy technician because I was aiming to become a pharmacist. From my perspective, I couldn't see myself doing these jobs forever. This all changed when I came across a book called,"Rich Dad Poor Dad."

The enlightenment from reading the book sparked massive curiosity. I started my search by surfing online, then by reading books, and then finally networking at real estate investment meetings. I found many small real estate investors and their stories, but for some reason, I felt that I needed something bigger.

At this time, my mindset was so small, limited, and fixed. I couldn't grasp what was possible. I needed to see it for myself and jump in the industry.

The first chance that I had to leave my job, I took the jump into real estate as a full time real estate agent. Residential real estate brokerage companies are notorious for hiring anybody with a pulse and no experience. I had no sales skills, very limited entrepreneurial awareness, social anxiety, a problem with speaking, and no savings, but I jumped in anyways.

Fast forward through 2.5 years, I bought my first property to flip this past week and I finished creating my company's LLC. I'm very excited for what's coming up next in my life and pushing to get to my goals.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Brian C., André G., Kid and 5 others like this.
  2. NadiaZ

NadiaZ Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $289
    I'm starting off as a real estate agent too. How hard is it to begin? Did you make a lot of sales especially if you don't have any leads at first or any regular customers?

I've helped flip my family friend's house this past year and I'm hoping to manage her next property so I learned a lot from that but I want to learn how to make a good deal.

Good luck on your flip! Let us know how it goes.

3. Ginotocino

Ginotocino New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $61
    Hey NadiaZ,

My first year and a half was very hard and I sold 6 properties as a buyer's agent. I mostly helped people in my sphere of influence.

I think if I would have done it again that I would have chosen a better brokerage, network and learn from top agents a lot more, and also join a coaching program right away.

Hopefully this helps!

NadiaZ likes this.
  4. Tri Pham

Tri Pham Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $207
    Hey Ginotocino!

Welcome to the forum! I'm also from the San Francisco Bay Area and pursuing a real estate license. I wish you the best of luck on your entrepreneurial endeavors! :)

5. NadiaZ

NadiaZ Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $289
    thanks for the info

6. JohnD Realestate

JohnD Realestate Making Real Estate Great Again. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,245

Lot of great books out there on RE. My favs are “crushing it in commercial RE” by Brian Murray and “the millionaire RE investor” Garrett Keller.

Edit garret keller also wrote the millionaire real estate agent which I would read if I was an agent.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    NadiaZ likes this.
  7. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,776
    Admin Post
    Welcome aboard!

8. Late Bloomer

Late Bloomer Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,804
    Hi Gino! Looks like you're an action taker who's already succeeding! I look forward to learning where your journey goes from here! That first line about your goal is a really powerful, inspiring mission statement in real estate.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.