The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT! Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
I will start sharing some of the TXTS from the network.

From MJ....

I need to hire a new lawyer. Called one on Tues and left a voicemail, stressing urgency. To date, my call hasn't been returned. When (if?) I hear back, I will NOT be hiring this lawyer, despite a slick website and good reviews. Lesson: Negative skew = deal-killers that force buyers to other businesses. Fix neg skew = more $. Not calling me back in 5 days? Nope, next! Have great weekend! MJ

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 966585" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
To date, my call hasn't been returned.

I’ve noticed this is common. Every time I try to call an attorney they never answer or return your call.

It’s almost as if they do it on purpose or are trying to hide LOL.

One time I called an attorney and he said “Who are you, what do you want?”. Weird. Lol

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New Network Post from MJ...

It only takes a MINOR shift in perspective to make a MAJOR shift in a lifetime. Never underestimate the power of paradigm shift and what it can mean in 1, 5, 10, or 30 years. You're the CEO of your life. You're the leading role in the movie. In the Great Rat Race Escape I mentioned looking at life like a video game. Grab that joystick ️ and play to win! ~MJ

Kerry7

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Dec 15, 2019
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 933894" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
theUnscriptedNetwork.png

If you'd like to keep your Unscripted journey on track, please text me direct at the number above, or click my signature to subscribe.

If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number.

If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text "LAUNCH" to the above number.

If you are in GROWTH/SCALE mode, text "GROWTH" to the above number.

In return, you'll receive periodic text messages direct from me (NOT A VA) -- these text messages can be motivational, strategy-driven, latest books Fastlaner's are recommending, or a new thread/post on the forum with valuable content.

AND IT IS CURRENTLY FREE!

And to answer your question, I do respond to many of the PERSONAL text messages. (SEE BELOW)

View attachment 37284

In other words, this just isn't a massive text mailer, but a personal contact that I will monitor.

Obviously I can't answer every question, but I will definitely do my best.

This is also great if you don't visit the forum as often as you'd like, but still would like to stay atop of any GOLD or NOTABLE threads that might surface from time to time.

As of now, the service is available in US and Canada -- I hope I can have it expanded worldwide soon.

Because it is a TXT service, message and data rates may apply for a maximum of 20 messages per month. Text "STOP" will cancel at anytime.
I'm enjoying the messages. Very thought-provoking! Thanks

Kerry7

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Dec 15, 2019
I’ve noticed this is common. Every time I try to call an attorney they never answer or return your call.

It’s almost as if they do it on purpose or are trying to hide LOL.

One time I called an attorney and he said “Who are you, what do you want?”. Weird. Lol
Yet they'll pay $150 for PPC on Google ;)

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
TEXT from MJ...

What you are doing, even though it might seem meaningless, DOES matter. KAIZEN as a life philosophy works. I say this cuz I've read a lot of texts from Unplugged Unscriptees who are focusing on daily improvement with their skills and mindset while also working menial jobs. Trust the process. Trust Kaizen. Despite some bill-paying job, your effort will eventually compound into great things!

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
MJ DeMarco" data-source="post: 968091" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
TEXT from MJ...
Demarco - I do receive your texts. It's good for a mental boost for the day even in a small way. Thanks a lot. I appreciate you.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Text from yesterday...

NOTABLE! - 0 to 10M Users: The Story of Jotform (Value Bomb!) - From
0 users to 10M: don't miss this great value bomb shared on the forum. It's an excellent story which reads like a Fastlane case study reflecting many of the things I've been preaching for the last 10yrs. Yes you can create a profitable biz FAST and w/o investors. Yes you don't need to reinvent the wheel or disrupt. So much more... enjoy!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Text from today...

Muhammad Ali said, "I hated every minute of training", but followed with, "Don't quit. Suffer now & live the rest of your life as a champion." The road to a great life involves suffering & other tedious grinds. Don't buy into guru BS. Victory won't come from shortcuts, hacks, or joyful work. I was willing to "do what I hate": now I can do what I love, living the rest of my life like a champ.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New text...

If u missed the post about 0 users to 10M, the CEO mentioned that "customer service is the new marketing." Couldn't agree more. All biz likes to say, "We provide superior customer service" but few do, like less than 5%. Remember that lawyer I messaged some weeks ago? Still no call back despite some BS about "your call is important to me" - great CS can make an average product/service, great.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Text...
(via @Black_Dragon43 )

A forum user recently said something poignant. "Don't ask a butterfly how to crawl." In wealth terms, you need crawling advice, not flying advice. Advice from a small biz multimillionaire (0 to 10M) might be better advice than wisdom from a billionaire, a guy/gal who hasn't needed to crawl in decades. When you're ready for 9- and 10-figures, perhaps it's time for the billionaire advice.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New text...

At 16, Chuck Norris was hired as a grocery bagger. After 1 day, he was fired for poor work. Afterward, he convinced his boss for 1 more day, a chance to improve & get better. He did. Today he admits this experience changed his life. It made him realize, "If you want to accomplish anything in life, you can't just sit back and hope it will happen. You've got to make it happen." Fight for yourself!

doster.zach

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Oct 14, 2021
Columbia MO
Signed up on the 20th, I got the first few automated messages, and filled out the form.

I'm not getting any of these messages though.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Signed up on the 20th, I got the first few automated messages, and filled out the form.

I'm not getting any of these messages though.

Text a message to me at the #, I'll see if I have get it.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New Text... will bump the other company this is referencing...

Don't fear competing against big biz. Stealing marketshare from Google/Apple, say $50M/rev & $10m/profit could set you up for life. Last month 2 forum stories were posted of small biz snagging market share away from big-tech. FACT: Most people want to do business with small, responsive private companies, not obtuse monolithic corporations. Ever try to get support from FB/Google? SUCKS!!! Advantage: YOU.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
Last Friday's text...

WEB/DIGITAL - Reaching $500K building a Google Analytics alternative
Not a fan of creating threads only to post a link, but this was another gem I thought would be beneficial to most here.

Hopefully this story can motivate you to stay focused and resilient on...

Following is the link to the story referenced in the last message: From 0 to $500K/ARR competing against Google. Reveals, once again, the power of a Productocracy... via the founder: "If you hear about [us] these days, it likely comes from one of our 4,802 paying customers. People who use and enjoy using Plausible help us spread the word to even more people. We have a $0 paid advertising budget & we don’t have an affiliate program either. We pretty much ignore all the best marketing practices." Good marketing is a good product! Have great weekend! ~ MJ

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
More texts...

Via The Great Rat Race Escape : The definitive guide to living your best life. If you want to live unlike anyone else, the 1%, you can't think like the 99%. This chart explains the difference between someone who lives a Scripted mediocre life, and someone living Unscripted exceptionally. Change your mind, and you change everything.

Link to chart:

Productivity Pro Tips: 1) Every morning write a to-do list, I prefer pen/paper over digital. 2)Tackle urgent/important tasks first 3) Write down “needle moving” goals daily to keep top-of-mind 4) If u think a task will take longer than 2hrs, break it down into component parts: Ex: Task A(33%) Task A(33%) Task A(33%), this fires the feedback loop as u complete, big projects made more manageable!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New text...

Any kind of failure can be simplified into 1 of 3 things: 1) A failure to create value in the market's eyes 2) A failure to communicate (& then execute) on that value or 3) A failure to reach the right folks who WANT your value. If you miss the target on any 3, you will fail. Great value poorly communicated can false flag a fail. The latter 2 proves/disproves 1: It defines when to quit or go on.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Alpine, UT
New text...

Resource Tip: If you need to find hard-to-find email addresses for marketing and cold outreach, I've heard a lot of entrepreneurs recommend Hunter.io which is a plugin for Chrome. I installed it and it looks like it could be quite a valuable tool to have in your marketing arsenal as you try to grow; finding JV partners, suppliers, influencers. etc.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (50% Off Deal Now On)
Hi Rob, I've sent you a PM as I’m trying to join since midweek. Cheers
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom