The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro

jimculler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 14, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
REI and Family Man ready for long term income.

Hi my name is Jim. I have been investing in real estate for a little over 2 years now, while operating as a mortgage broker as well.

I have a lovely wife, one child, and one on the way in 2 weeks. I currently work from home, but want to make it into my own office in the next two months.

I am interested in building my portfolio of cash flow properties during this "crisis". Up until now we did a lot of rehab to retail, and wholesaling. While I still wholesale now for quick bucks, I want to structure some of these deals into long term income.

That about sums it up for now. Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome and thx for the intro.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome aboard Jim. How's the RE market in Tampa? I sold my last property over there last year and now I'm getting calls about distressed home owners that need to sell. I imagine you are doing great as investor, but maybe not so good as mortgage broker.

jimculler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 14, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
Welcome aboard Jim. How's the RE market in Tampa? I sold my last property over there last year and now I'm getting calls about distressed home owners that need to sell. I imagine you are doing great as investor, but maybe not so good as mortgage broker.

The Tampa Market is a victim of the "bubble burst". We have over supply with not enough qualified buyers, and obviously record foreclosures. Appraised values are declining significantly in middle and lower income areas. My plan for this market is to buy at 60-65% ARV, hold and rent until the market re-adjusts to the lack of subprime buyers who no longer qualify. Most of the analysts are predicting the comeback to be somewhere between 18-24 months. So we should have a lot of bargains for a while.

Thanks everyone for responding to my intro. I look forward to participating in discussions, and learning as much as possible.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
So, what are the current 'numbers' to qualify for a loan? 680 credit score? 5% down payment?

jimculler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Sep 14, 2007
Tampa Bay, FL
So, what are the current 'numbers' to qualify for a loan? 680 credit score? 5% down payment?

Well it really depends. I hate to say that, but its true.

If you are talking about investment property, which I would guess that you are; then 10% down would be needed at this time to obtain conventional financing.

Of course, if it were your primary residence, or a second home, there are still 100% programs, or at least 95% LTV programs on second homes available.

Stated income investment loans have become ugly in rate and terms for the most part. They are still being done at 90% LTV and lower, but if you are not able to document income on an investment property, you should be happy with a rate in the high 8's or low 9's.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...