• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Intro

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by jimculler, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jimculler

jimculler New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $83
    REI and Family Man ready for long term income.

Hi my name is Jim. I have been investing in real estate for a little over 2 years now, while operating as a mortgage broker as well.

I have a lovely wife, one child, and one on the way in 2 weeks. I currently work from home, but want to make it into my own office in the next two months.

I am interested in building my portfolio of cash flow properties during this "crisis". Up until now we did a lot of rehab to retail, and wholesaling. While I still wholesale now for quick bucks, I want to structure some of these deals into long term income.

That about sums it up for now. Thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2007
  2. FT1

FT1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Hello Jim. Welcome! :fastlane:

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $385,316
    Admin Post
    Welcome and thx for the intro.

4. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,330
    Welcome aboard Jim. How's the RE market in Tampa? I sold my last property over there last year and now I'm getting calls about distressed home owners that need to sell. I imagine you are doing great as investor, but maybe not so good as mortgage broker.

5. Yankees338

Yankees338 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $188
    Welcome, Jim! Another RE Expert on here...nice! :)

6. jimculler

Rep Bank:
    $83

The Tampa Market is a victim of the "bubble burst". We have over supply with not enough qualified buyers, and obviously record foreclosures. Appraised values are declining significantly in middle and lower income areas. My plan for this market is to buy at 60-65% ARV, hold and rent until the market re-adjusts to the lack of subprime buyers who no longer qualify. Most of the analysts are predicting the comeback to be somewhere between 18-24 months. So we should have a lot of bargains for a while.

Thanks everyone for responding to my intro. I look forward to participating in discussions, and learning as much as possible.

7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,330
    So, what are the current 'numbers' to qualify for a loan? 680 credit score? 5% down payment?

8. jimculler

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Well it really depends. I hate to say that, but its true.

If you are talking about investment property, which I would guess that you are; then 10% down would be needed at this time to obtain conventional financing.

Of course, if it were your primary residence, or a second home, there are still 100% programs, or at least 95% LTV programs on second homes available.

Stated income investment loans have become ugly in rate and terms for the most part. They are still being done at 90% LTV and lower, but if you are not able to document income on an investment property, you should be happy with a rate in the high 8's or low 9's.

9. jimculler

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Oops I take that back. THere are a couple of places doing 95% investment loans, if you have over a 700 score.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.