The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro and Should I sell my e com business??

dpaul

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello people,

I am from the UK, I have been building a brand and Amazon business for around 4 years, it is now doing around $1,000,000 in gross sales per year, with good profit margins, around 50% is profit, I was thinking about selling it. Where is the best place to have it valued and sold? anyone who has sold a similar business here with some advice would be appreciated

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of people here have built and sold Amazon companies.

My advice, seeking a buyer off of the beaten path is often more lucrative. I personally just happened to have the relationships with all of the people I have sold companies to.

Ex... Have a supplier that’s bigger than you? Ask them.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Check out Thrasio and their many clones in Europe. I think you are in their target size range. Lots of competition for buying good Amazon businesses right now. I'm surprised they didn't already knock on your door.

These guys for example Berlin Brands Group commits $302M to acquire D2C and Amazon merchants – TechCrunch

Make sure you know what you want to do with the cash though and it wouldn't just sit in your bank account. Or worse, having to put it into stonks, crypto or whatever flavor of the month investment at market peak.

At these profit margins you are effectively printing money. Why not expand off Amazon and build it into a real business?

dpaul

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. Lots of people here have built and sold Amazon companies.

My advice, seeking a buyer off of the beaten path is often more lucrative. I personally just happened to have the relationships with all of the people I have sold companies to.

Ex... Have a supplier that’s bigger than you? Ask them.
Hello, kak, actually I did think of this, but most of the people I don't think can afford it!
Check out Thrasio and their many clones in Europe. I think you are in their target size range. Lots of competition for buying good Amazon businesses right now. I'm surprised they didn't already knock on your door.

These guys for example Berlin Brands Group commits $302M to acquire D2C and Amazon merchants – TechCrunch

Make sure you know what you want to do with the cash though and it wouldn't just sit in your bank account. Or worse, having to put it into stonks, crypto or whatever flavor of the month investment at market peak.

At these profit margins you are effectively printing money. Why not expand off Amazon and build it into a real business?
That's amazing, thank you for the resources theag!! I have money just sitting in the bank right now and I have been trying to figure out what to invest in, I did try some trading and crypto and have been learning it, what are the best investments right now? Perhaps just putting into more business? I have been planning new brands and businesses already, I need to get them going. I did think about growing it further, but I am concerned about the risks in the market, growing competition, and longevity, I just thought it might be better to sell now while it's growing, do companies like thrasio do professional valuations too or where do I go for that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

LukeLukeLuke

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Dec 28, 2020
If you do not have anyone in your network willing to buy it, you can always list it with one of the online business brokers like empire flippers. With a profit of ~500k, you can probably get around 1.5M. Businesses there usually sell for 2.5x - 3.5x profits (per year).

dpaul

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
If you do not have anyone in your network willing to buy it, you can always list it with one of the online business brokers like empire flippers. With a profit of ~500k, you can probably get around 1.5M. Businesses there usually sell for 2.5x - 3.5x profits (per year).
Thank you!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...