The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Intro and Should I sell my e com business??

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

dpaul

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
Hello people,

I am from the UK, I have been building a brand and Amazon business for around 4 years, it is now doing around $1,000,000 in gross sales per year, with good profit margins, around 50% is profit, I was thinking about selling it. Where is the best place to have it valued and sold? anyone who has sold a similar business here with some advice would be appreciated

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 23, 2011
Welcome to the forum. Lots of people here have built and sold Amazon companies.

My advice, seeking a buyer off of the beaten path is often more lucrative. I personally just happened to have the relationships with all of the people I have sold companies to.

Ex... Have a supplier that’s bigger than you? Ask them.

theag

Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 19, 2012
Check out Thrasio and their many clones in Europe. I think you are in their target size range. Lots of competition for buying good Amazon businesses right now. I'm surprised they didn't already knock on your door.

These guys for example Berlin Brands Group commits $302M to acquire D2C and Amazon merchants – TechCrunch

Make sure you know what you want to do with the cash though and it wouldn't just sit in your bank account. Or worse, having to put it into stonks, crypto or whatever flavor of the month investment at market peak.

At these profit margins you are effectively printing money. Why not expand off Amazon and build it into a real business?

dpaul

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. Lots of people here have built and sold Amazon companies.

My advice, seeking a buyer off of the beaten path is often more lucrative. I personally just happened to have the relationships with all of the people I have sold companies to.

Ex... Have a supplier that’s bigger than you? Ask them.
Hello, kak, actually I did think of this, but most of the people I don't think can afford it!
Check out Thrasio and their many clones in Europe. I think you are in their target size range. Lots of competition for buying good Amazon businesses right now. I'm surprised they didn't already knock on your door.

These guys for example Berlin Brands Group commits $302M to acquire D2C and Amazon merchants – TechCrunch

Make sure you know what you want to do with the cash though and it wouldn't just sit in your bank account. Or worse, having to put it into stonks, crypto or whatever flavor of the month investment at market peak.

At these profit margins you are effectively printing money. Why not expand off Amazon and build it into a real business?
That's amazing, thank you for the resources theag!! I have money just sitting in the bank right now and I have been trying to figure out what to invest in, I did try some trading and crypto and have been learning it, what are the best investments right now? Perhaps just putting into more business? I have been planning new brands and businesses already, I need to get them going. I did think about growing it further, but I am concerned about the risks in the market, growing competition, and longevity, I just thought it might be better to sell now while it's growing, do companies like thrasio do professional valuations too or where do I go for that?

Last edited:

LukeLukeLuke

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 28, 2020
If you do not have anyone in your network willing to buy it, you can always list it with one of the online business brokers like empire flippers. With a profit of ~500k, you can probably get around 1.5M. Businesses there usually sell for 2.5x - 3.5x profits (per year).

dpaul

New Contributor
Feb 20, 2021
United Kingdom
If you do not have anyone in your network willing to buy it, you can always list it with one of the online business brokers like empire flippers. With a profit of ~500k, you can probably get around 1.5M. Businesses there usually sell for 2.5x - 3.5x profits (per year).
Thank you!!

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I thought I would post up the first video from the newest 2021 program content... Just a...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Hi Andreas, It is per month, with the first month being half. This is a great question, I...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hi Lex, I looked at several options including Kajabi and settled on the Divi theme on Wordpress...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
The story is BASED UPON a true story. The details aren't entirely accurate or from a distinct...

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers