The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro and commitment

Methodd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 3, 2023
Madison WI
I read Fastlane 6-7 years ago and never visited the forum until recently. I came across a thread by MJ talking about how the CENTS principles can be an excuse not to get started, and realized how much that has held me back over the years.

Most of my non-action stems from indecisiveness, not knowing what I want. As I've grown I have a better idea of which things I thought I wanted because of outside influence, and which relate to me values and strengths.

Now I want to take my niche and get started, applying the CENTS principles to something that already exists, over time.

I have a lot of experience in personal growth, as I've come from being a person with a negative worldview, very in my head, with poor habits and many addictions.

Most of my growth has come from mindfulness, honesty, and a focus on habits. Gratitude and reframing play a big role too, to allow me to enjoy the process, which is key. In a way that ties into habits and mindfulness, freeing myself from addictions has desensitized my mind to the pleasure of growing as a person.

When I was younger I wanted to make a good life for myself and my community, impact the world in a positive way, and have a lot of good sex. The latter was the most attainable and also driven by base desires. I think I have satisfied that need and now just enjoy sex as a cherry on top of hard work.

So I have a lot of experience with self help types on youtube, but one thing I have always thought they lacked was where to go once you are living in a good way. Like I am now, I wake up with a morning routine, wind down and get good sleep, and have time and intention to apply myself to massive action during the day.

My problem is deciding where to apply that massive action.

I think what is calling me is to help people reach their potential and find the best way to apply it. I have an interest in geopolitics as well as personal growth, and want to tie the two together. Ideally, I could help people get back on their feet or into a career more suited for them, all relating to world needs.

What I struggle with is where to start on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
Hello.
From my personal experience, competence can stem from interest and passion.

For example, being passionate about anime might seem useless or even a waste of time, but it's your interest in that thing that sparks your desire to learn more about it, become competent about it, teach people about it, sell related products to other people who know less than you do and will rely on you for informed decisions.

If you like anime but spend your whole life watching them, you'll get nowhere.
Consuming is easier than producing, that's why most people consume but don't produce. It's easier to eat a meal than to cook one. It takes years to make a movie but only a few hours to watch it. Watching a movie doesn't earn you money, making one does. Eating a meal costs money, cooking one for someone else earns you money.

If you like anime and start talking about them, you might eventually reach millions of views, brand deals, being able to create your own animated series and so on.
You can apply this concept to anything and everything. If you don't believe me, remember that people bought gamer girl bath water. There are no rules.

Start with something you are passionate about because passion can generate competence and people pay for competence. It pays to know more and educate others, to bring news and useful information. A youtuber I know turned his passion for pokemon cards to an e-commerce business. Now he opens trading cards in front of a camera and people buy that same product from his website. Thousands of views means a good number of sales too.
How did he start? He really liked pokemon cards. A lot of people who made fun of him for it and told him to grow up are now stuck in their dead-end 9-5.

I hope this helps!
Cheers.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I read Fastlane 6-7 years ago and never visited the forum until recently. I came across a thread by MJ talking about how the CENTS principles can be an excuse not to get started, and realized how much that has held me back over the years.

Most of my non-action stems from indecisiveness, not knowing what I want. As I've grown I have a better idea of which things I thought I wanted because of outside influence, and which relate to me values and strengths.

Now I want to take my niche and get started, applying the CENTS principles to something that already exists, over time.

I have a lot of experience in personal growth, as I've come from being a person with a negative worldview, very in my head, with poor habits and many addictions.

Most of my growth has come from mindfulness, honesty, and a focus on habits. Gratitude and reframing play a big role too, to allow me to enjoy the process, which is key. In a way that ties into habits and mindfulness, freeing myself from addictions has desensitized my mind to the pleasure of growing as a person.

When I was younger I wanted to make a good life for myself and my community, impact the world in a positive way, and have a lot of good sex. The latter was the most attainable and also driven by base desires. I think I have satisfied that need and now just enjoy sex as a cherry on top of hard work.

So I have a lot of experience with self help types on youtube, but one thing I have always thought they lacked was where to go once you are living in a good way. Like I am now, I wake up with a morning routine, wind down and get good sleep, and have time and intention to apply myself to massive action during the day.

My problem is deciding where to apply that massive action.

I think what is calling me is to help people reach their potential and find the best way to apply it. I have an interest in geopolitics as well as personal growth, and want to tie the two together. Ideally, I could help people get back on their feet or into a career more suited for them, all relating to world needs.

What I struggle with is where to start on this.
Could you start a blog or write a book?

Methodd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 3, 2023
Madison WI
That's my plan for now, to set aside time daily in a deepwork style jus to write out ideas. Things that have helped me and to flesh out my perceived problems with the world.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...