The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro, and advice needed

High Living

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jan 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I’ve been following this forum for a while, and now it’s time to introduce myself, as I am about to start my entrepreneurial journey.

For the past 8 years I have been working for some companies leaders in their field, slowlane but “climbing the ladder” relatively quickly. I now find myself in a senior managerial position that pays well, but comes with a lot of stress. I come home after work often late and mentally drained, unable to work effectively on anything else.

Now, I have some decent savings and a small rental property in my home country, that I bought some years ago. Because of this I am thinking to free up that apartment from tenants, and move back there to cut back on my living expenses.

However, I’m struggling to decide between two options:
  1. quit my job and focus entirely on my business for at least 12 months
  2. ask my employer for a relocation, and working part time Monday to Wednesday
Option 1) would give me a lot more time and focus on myself and the business. As you can guess this idea excites me, but also scares me a bit
Option 2) would be the safest but I would only have 2 days/week, and still be stressed out from my slowlane job. I find it hard to accept that I would have to “suck it up” for longer.

What would you do in my position?
If it helps, I want to start with e-commerce and lead generation for service business. I could then do some occasional website building, if the first two don't take off.
I don’t have all the skills yet but I am sure I can learn quickly or outsource what I need. Then, succeeding is another story, but I’ll do my best to get there.

(Edited by mod to remove personal details.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome Gixxer.

Couple thoughts here:

Since you're tired at night anyway, can you go to bed and get up early to work on your business before your job?

Why not go with option 2 and if the employer refuses, then make it clear you are prepared to walk away from the job if they don't negotiate something with you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...