The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*Advice needed for poential business idea*

Idea threads

Toppy

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 14, 2024
Hi Guys/girls
I'm currently running a reasonably successful flooring company supplying and fitting carpets/vinyls etc.
I get a lot of enquiries from people wanting inexpensive solutions for factory/warehouse flooring, this needs to be really tough at a cost effective price, I saw a Facebook reel where a guy split the tread off of a car tyre and used a number of them laid flat side by side in the back of his pick up...... this got the cogs turning!!
I've split the rubber rim off the tyre and just have the tread, my problem is that uk tyres have the wire mesh running through them.
Here's my problem! I would need the tread to lay completely flat, as it is at the moment it does lay flat but it's kinked all the way down as its natural memory has always being circular.
My idea is to heat it up (using steam) and send it through a mangle or something simular to hopefully flatten the rubber as well as the steel mesh. Has anyone got any other ideas that could potentially be better? I've tried putting weight on them but they won't have none of it! I'll attach a picture to give a better understanding, I'm not 100% sure I'll be able to get them to lay completely flat to a floor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Chris20240114_152731.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Hey.

My knowledge here is limited to next to 0 in this field. Having said that, this reminded me of a FB video I saw a few months ago. There's a woman in Kenya (I believe) who started a huge tire recycling facility. They use the recycled material to do exactly what you're describing: flooring. Specifically, they use theirs in parks, playgrounds, driveways, etc. so I imagine you could use them for something like this.

If you haven't already, could you potentially call around to any facilities such as these (I know they're everywhere as at one point I had considered this type of business) and see if you can strike up a bulk deal? It'd cut out a tremendous amount of labor on your end, and again, if memory serves, the "bricks" they were creating cost next to nothing, but were good for 10+ years, despite being in high traffic/"abused" areas.

Cheers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.