The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Idea threads

Mahan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 11, 2023
Hi, recently the Internet has been bombarded with so many gurus trying to sell your courses and books either on how to start an online business, side hustle, and so many other topics.

I feel like many of these gurus are just fake millionaires trying to look rich, like that bald kickboxer guy who recently got really famous, showing up his wealth to the world to make people think being rich is just like having a big home in a cheap low tax country like Romania, buying supercars, renting yachts and private jets to trick the world like it's their own...

Or there is another guru on youtube pretending to be worth 85 million dollars at the age of 23...

Or that Aussie guy who went from 500$ to 500$ million dollars by dropshipping some kind of blanket from China into Australia...

Or a 21-year-old guy who owns 81 rental units...

There is absolutely no way these are real... for the first guy, being wealthy is a result of having a great portfolio, not a mansion with supercars, something he never talked about once, or those fake gurus making people think making millions of dollars is possible in the early 20s. Everyone should drop out of college so they can become the next Steve Jobs, not saying that isn't how building wealth works.

This is very harmful to society, not everyone will become Steve Jobs, Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos.

My younger self really loved having a big mansion with supercars, but now I'm no longer interested because with the money for a Lamborghini, I can invest it in a real state, stocks or bonds and it's a much wiser choice rather than buying a depreciating liability.

I have read several financial books and a huge part of my current wisdom came from these books, the things gurus never mentioned in their videos, I think these people are doing more harm than good and don't care about you.

Just wanted you to know this and your thoughts on this recent trend on the internet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

ChocolateFactory

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Apr 2, 2023
I believe a lot of them run an MLM scheme as well. They tell you "Here's my book on how to get richt trading stocks/doing dropshipping/... - but if that's not for you, you can also make money referring new clients instead! And for everyone you refer, you also get a cut of all the new people they refer!"
That's why you see so many people shilling for them on social media.

But you know what's interesting, there are people building actual businesses around this.
Because somehow these people also have to get paid. There are people making millions and millions building their payment and marketing solutions...

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 8, 2022
It seems you have a scarcity mindset.

fake gurus making people think making millions of dollars is possible in the early 20s.
It's very possible.
Not all young rich people are frauds, many are highly intelligent and work hard.

My younger self really loved having a big mansion with supercars, but now I'm no longer interested because with the money for a Lamborghini, I can invest it in a real state, stocks or bonds and it's a much wiser choice rather than buying a depreciating liability.
What's the point of wealth if you can't do cool stuff with it?
Why can't you have a huge portfolio AND a Lamborghini?
Think in abundance.

Mahan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 11, 2023
It seems you have a scarcity mindset.

It's very possible.
Not all young rich people are frauds, many are highly intelligent and work hard.

What's the point of wealth if you can't do cool stuff with it?
Why can't you have a huge portfolio AND a Lamborghini?
Think in abundance.
Well for those people being rich in 20s mostly comes to luck, let's say MrBeast, if he was born in the middle of Africa, he could never become this successful, the thing is you need to be born in a western country with a powerful currency in order to be even able to achieve successful and be able to buy expensive stuff

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
Why are you following them if you have read the books? If you haven't do it now, especially, if you don't know what books I'm talking about.

Massive value trumps everything. Sure, being located in a 3rd world country or having poor parents is a disadvantage, but guess what - no one will come to save you.

Acquire valuable knowledge or skills, develop a valuable product or service, and figure out how to become even smarter, more skilled, have a better product, or service, and how to distribute them at scale profitably.

You could say: "If my parents were millionaires and I lived in a mansion in the US, I'd be rich" and cope with that for the rest of your life, or you could work thrice a hard and make something out of yourself and your life.

Yeah, maybe you won't ever make a million a year but you can surely do better than you do now, and you don't need a guru to show you the way, you need to work - HARD.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Well for those people being rich in 20s mostly comes to luck, let's say MrBeast, if he was born in the middle of Africa, he could never become this successful, the thing is you need to be born in a western country with a powerful currency in order to be even able to achieve successful and be able to buy expensive stuff
Who cares if they were lucky or not? Focus on things YOU can do to get rich and make money. At this point in time you’re wasting your precious energy thinking about others, and all this thinking is bringing you nothing other than continuing your poverty.

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
Jan 18, 2022
As a natural-born, US citizen, yeah bruv you're absolutely right: the fact English is my native language and I was born into capitalism puts me ahead of about 80% of the world, if not 98%+. Yes, life is unfair and it's complete bullshit.

Now that that's out of the way, it's time to accept reality: none of us chose this. I certainly didn't get to pick "America" before being born. I certainly didn't get to pick "being a mixed race person" before being born.

There are pros and cons regardless of whatever you're born into. You can either flip it and turn it into a positive, or you can use it as an excuse to do nothing with your life. Either way, time doesn't care about which path you chose when death comes knocking on your door.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

This is a very stupid argument.

1. Luck doesn't exist. There's only statistics, probability, cause and effect.

2. How do you know that being born in Africa would result in lack of success?
Have you've ever heard of a guy named Elon Musk?

3. If Mr. Beast became successful because he was lucky to be born in the US, then WHY aren't his American peers as successful as him?

Go learn the difference between correlation and causation.

General population statistics have 0 predictive power over your individual life outcome. You don't become the 1% by accident or luck.

Life is not a F*cking lottery. Or if it was, we've already won by being alive in the 21st century, and having cheap access to food, water, medicine, and modern infrastructure (internet, electricity etc.).

We're all unbelievably lucky.
Now let's get back to work.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
What about the million others born in rich countries?

Mr Beast path wasn’t easy.

He started doing “tedious lame stuffs” to get the first group of fans.

He pioneered in throwing money at people to create shock values..which many copycats emerged soon.

Then the quickly scaled up his production to million dollar budget per videos to create the kind of entry barrier.

He was always testing new things and building scale to block copycats.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.