The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Interesting tidbit from a newsletter I have...

Anything related to matters of the mind

Rain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Apr 5, 2011
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]A young man asked Socrates,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]"What's the Secret of Success?"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him into the river.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]When the water got up to their necks,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]Socrates grabbed the young man and then pushed his head under the water.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]The young man struggled to get out,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]but Socrates was strong[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]and kept him there until he started turning blue.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]The young man struggled hard and finally managed to break the surface[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]and the first thing he did was to gasp and take deep breath.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]Socrates asked "What was it you wanted the most when you were there?"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]The man replied "Air!"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]Socrates said "That's the secret to success".[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS][SIZE=+1]"When you want Success as badly as you wanted air, you will get it".[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS]THERE IS NO OTHER SECRET![/FONT]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I heard the same story but it had a different ending.

A young man asked Socrates,
"What's the Secret of Success?"
Socrates told the young man to meet him near the river the next morning.
They met. Socrates asked the young man to walk with him into the river.
When the water got up to their necks,
Socrates grabbed the young man and then pushed his head under the water.
The young man struggled to get out,
but Socrates was strong
and kept him there until he started turning blue.
The young man struggled hard
. . .

he was sure he would die within seconds when he saw PatrickP placing some object under his feet which enabled him to get to the surface.
As the young man's face burst to the surface he yelled "THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH PATRICK!"

I don't know what that was that you put under my feet but I want to buy one right NOW?

And there is the story of filling a need.

Socrates and PatrickP formed a partnership. Socrates would shove his students under the water and PatrickP would save them. They went on to make millions.

;)

2KidsinUT

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 2, 2012
Utah
Rain, thanks for sharing that tidbit. It was funny as hell, and of course Socrates was right.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
he was sure he would die within seconds when he saw PatrickP placing some object under his feet which enabled him to get to the surface.
As the young man's face burst to the surface he yelled "THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH PATRICK!"

I don't know what that was that you put under my feet but I want to buy one right NOW?

Pure Fastlane thinking, ha ha ... speed+thanx. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.