The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram/Video Editing -- Looking for Advice on Making $$$

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Wuddup fastlaners, here's my IG account:
upload_2018-4-2_20-11-58.png
I'll share whatever info you guys want in exchange for advice on how I could make $$ with this style of video editing.
I'll keep this first post short.
Cliffs:
-Made account on 1/20/18
-All whitehat marketing - no bots, no money spent
-I have a content for shoutout deal with a large account -- that's where my growth comes from.
-I threw up a link to my website with affiliate software links. Also have free tutorials.
-I will no longer focus on the followers, and will focus on the money now.
-Feel free to post instagram questions, in general. I don't mind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I did an experiment where I posted a link in my bio to a website with affiliate links. It showed that
people thought the software I used was a smartphone app. Few people are interested in the actual software, which means it's not profitable for passive income in this way.
Wordpress views:
upload_2018-4-2_20-20-33.png
Adobe Affiliate:
upload_2018-4-2_20-19-1.png
-I'm deciding to go the freelance route for a little while, because I need to generate cash flow and get
my mind on the money.

-Future ideas I have: viral marketing agency. Problem: I can't do it alone. Editing is time consuming. May need to collab with other great editors. Outsourcing would be tough.

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-2_20-19-51.png
    upload_2018-4-2_20-19-51.png
    116 KB · Views: 1

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I found a problem that instagram media companies have & I think I have a good solution. Everybody loves these video memes but they take forever to make. Media companies don't want to pay for the time it takes to make it. They would rather share other account's content and give a shoutout instead, while sacrificing branding. What I'll experiment with is this:
upload_2018-4-21_13-42-52.png

It's easy to do, but I think it will be tough to sell. I have to start building more relationships & trust.
What I want to do is have a $30/month subscription to a page where there would be 1 template upload per day.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
I found a problem that instagram media companies have & I think I have a good solution. Everybody loves these video memes but they take forever to make. Media companies don't want to pay for the time it takes to make it. They would rather share other account's content and give a shoutout instead, while sacrificing branding. What I'll experiment with is this:
View attachment 19189

It's easy to do, but I think it will be tough to sell. I have to start building more relationships & trust.
What I want to do is have a $30/month subscription to a page where there would be 1 template upload per day.

I’m not sure people would pay $30 dollars a month for this.

I do see an opportunity if you made them into packs for a set price. For example a sports “pack” with sports templates for a fee maybe 5 or ten dollars per pack.

Just my two cents

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I’m not sure people would pay $30 dollars a month for this.

I do see an opportunity if you made them into packs for a set price. For example a sports “pack” with sports templates for a fee maybe 5 or ten dollars per pack.

Just my two cents
Target market would initially be for 100k+ pages. I know another guy who is paid at least $100/video on a contract. So I would think that the larger media brands would get their $$'s worth. But you might be right about individuals

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Great job in spotting the problem. You wrote that you are in need of cash - so the suggestion might be for some time in future.

The thing is that not every client uses Adobe Photoshop or Afterefects and it would still require some work by them.

So my suggestion is to dumb it down to service that lets them:
1) Choose template
2) Upload face/faces
3) Pay.
4) Download the video.

You could even allow some free watermarked videos as a promotion.

I don't know if you are programmer or know one that could do it. But i think its doable.

Btw. templates could be even provided by community and the fee might be splitted between you and creator of template.

And you got Fastlane :smile:!

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Good ideas @Kid. The 4 step method is not possible without them knowing photoshop to make the face & programming that on the web would be a massive challenge.
However, I think I will charge a cheap price of $5-10 per template & i'll do the work for them. I might as well offer paid shoutouts too

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.