The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inspiring Fastlane article on why money can buy happiness!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Sharp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 8, 2011
Canada
Hi!

I am a recent fan of GlobalWealth's and am impressed by his service on protecting the rich from losing their money. Not only is that a brilliant idea, but the demand is high as most lawyers suck up a lot of money in the process.

Anyways, below is the article called "5 reasons money can buy happiness". I personally think that even though I don't want to immerse in materialism, money is still critical when it comes to living a comfortable life and not a frustrating one.

5 Reasons Money Can Buy Happiness | Cracked.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
People with poor money habits can't buy happiness with money. I have to work on that myself D:

Sky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Sep 6, 2011
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy security. People don't realize that wealth is not a state but a mindset.

Sharp

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Nov 8, 2011
Canada
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy security. People don't realize that wealth is not a state but a mindset.

True. It does make some of the problems go away as you are more comfortable and not worrying about making ends meet though for some people, that might be an interesting experience nonetheless.

danoodle

Freedom Seeker
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 1, 2011
Kansas, toto
lol that was basically one big rant on how much being poor sucks. If you at least have all the basics taken care of and aren't constantly worried about bills and whatnot, then I'd say more money doesn't necessarily buy more happiness. It is a slippery slope, and everyone has to find their own personal "enough". For some people, enough may be a million dollars a year. For others, 50k is just fine. To me, my own personal fastlane, is not working a traditional 9 to 5 and having enough income coming in to support myself. I could probably achieve this with even just 30k a year coming in without me "having to work".

Would a million bucks be nice? Hell yes. Would it make me "happier"? Definitely. But it's when people start saying, "I need more money to be happy. I need this material possession to increase my sense of self worth. etc" is when it becomes a dangerous mindset to have. It is a "hunger" that can never be satisfied. If you aren't constantly worrying about the bills and are at a "stable" time in your life and have all the modern-day comforts, it's time to worry less about money and more about living. Time is our most valuable resource by far. We should appreciate every moment. To me, that's living in the fastlane. ;)

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
I'd hit the "like" button for Cracked.com if I could. I typically enjoy their stuff and this one assuredly didn't let me down. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, who thinks Mj could write for Cracked if he just started throwing in a few more swear words to his writing? Anybody?... Maybe I'm just off my rocker.

Sky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Sep 6, 2011
True. It does make some of the problems go away as you are more comfortable and not worrying about making ends meet though for some people, that might be an interesting experience nonetheless.

Money is the biggest ultimate leveraging tool you can posses. If you have enough money, you can do many, many things. The problem is people become a slave to their own money. I know I did. I gave money more value than its worth. We over-compensate for the things we lack in our own lives. Growing up dirt poor, I was fascinated with money. I even stole from my parents, the very little they had, for new video games. I cried about Nikes and Jordans while my parents rummaged through used shoe bins at Goodwill. I wanted pizza and hot pockets when my parents megerly fed themselves from a make-shift garden in the backyard, mixed with some cheap rice. When I got older, I spent like crazy and I worked hard for it. I associated my money and spending with myself to make up for being so poor as a kid. I made bad decisions because I was greedy. I hurt alot of people, misguided alot of trust, and made a few enemies along the way which eventually lead to my downfall.

Instead of using money as a tool, I became a tool of money. Money isn't the root of all evil, its the love of money that is. I realize now I can do much better and humble to the things I have in life now.

The reason I joined this forum, is to help others. I'm well on my way to create a series of start-ups cause I know how or learning to. I'm not here to get ideas or argue about the finer points of money generation. If I could just help one person make better decisions in their business or inspire someone to start their own with good intentions, then I feel I'm making up for the mistakes I made in the past. karma's a bitch, I know. As much as MJ's book has helped me recently, I feel the least I could do is come here and inspire others, every so often.

I always turn a post into a story, I apologize, but the point is don't expect money to give you comfort or making ends meet, sometimes mo' money causes mo' problems. IMO, don't let money be the answer to your problems, rather answer problems first, and then the money will follow.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Money buys me happiness. I am happier when I am in Hawaii, flipping fish on a grill with a Mai Tai in my hand as I watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean from my poolside vista.

I can guarantee you I am happier there than if I was living in a slum, eating rice, and killing cock roaches. I am happier when I am able to provide for my family than when the repo man took my minivan as a young married. I am happier in new shoes. And, I am happier when I have $20 in my wallet than when I have zero.

Whom ever said Money Doesn't Buy Happiness... never...had...money.

Gabeseg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Dec 11, 2010
This is an interesting topic. When I hear people say that money is not that important or money doesnt make you happy, I think to myself "what world are these peopel living in." Most people live in denial. Yet, you will see most of them get up and sell their time at a 9-5 day job to try to pay bills. Even Kind Solomom the richest many that ever lived said that "money solves all problems." Although I dont agree with that quote 100 percent because there are some thing in life that money cant solve, I would say that moeny solve majority of the problems. When one is living in the ghetto sleeping on the floor because they cant afford a bed, that is unhappiness. When one is taking a bus instead of driving in their dream car, that is unhappiness. When one does have moeny for new clothes or even to put food in their stomach, that is unhappiness. Many of us on this forum came to seek a better life. I mean, sicne we were kids, most of us were thougt as kids to get good grades in school which may lead to geting a good job; etc; If you are alreayd happy, more moeny will make you more happy. I was more happier when I got check as suppsoe to paying bills. So, moeny does play a huge role in our lives. Nowadays, it seems like just about everything is about money. Money gives one choices. For me, If I was making passive income of $100k per year, that would be happiness. I would be able to live extremely comfortable without ever needing to physically work ever again. Moeny buys you time. Like Mj always says, time is our greatest asset. We can never replace time but we can money. For me, with $100k income per year, it would but me the time to do other things that are more imprtant to me that working at a day job just to make my landlord richer or making places like Wal-mart richer. So, for me, does money make me happy, you betya.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.