The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Inspired and ready to go again!

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
I went to my first NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show and had an incredible experience! I had been feeling depressed about the last few months, with the problems with the real estate and frustrated with the state of the internet business. I was dreading the trip a bit, because I wasn't quite sure what I would get out of it. But everything was just so great.

We listened to some Tony Robbins cd's on the drive down. Everytime I listen to it, something different jumps out at me and this time it was the power of words. But listening to the cd set me in a positive frame of mind. At the show, several new business opportunities and contact connections/re-connections opened up for my husband. And I heard over and over, from artists, manufacturers and distributors how much they respected and missed my husband in the business. At one point, my husband was running the Dobro division of Gibson, and one artist he worked with was so appreciative. The artist described my husband as having "breathed new life into a carcass". That was such a great mental image... and just so great as several other people gave him similar compliments. It was just such a contrast to what we had been through the last few months.

It was amazing to see how many people really appreciated what my husband has done and how many people really want to work with him. And I finally believed my husband when he said he knew people. A nice bonus was that my husband got tickets to see Extreme or John Mayer play. I had a huge crush on Nuno Bettencourt when I was younger so I picked Extreme.

I am super excited by the possibilities and opportunities that presented themselves during this trip. My faith has been renewed in the business and everything that we are trying to accomplish in general. I'm ready to go!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
It is great that you are now feeling that way.
which Robbins' cds were you listening? (I like to listen to his CDs as well).

So, what's next with your company now that you got this new inspiration going?

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
Andviv,

I have the Lessons in Mastery cds. But this was the first time my husband listened to them with me so we had a lot of great discussions during the drive.

I'm making progress on automating the retail portion of the site and outsourcing the data entry. Several people we talked to wanted my husband to get back into guitar manufacturing/making and he may have that opportunity without needing to run the company. We supply some guitar parts now but my husband has chosen not to push it/grow it in the past. Anyways, if the arrangement works out, it would help us renew his industry contacts and we could really push the live music and artist management/relations. That is the part I am really excited about!!

Plus this is the first time for me to see my husband at "work." He's working on connecting an amp manufacturer to Dolly Parton's band and he recognized another friend had come up with a new innovation on a guitar and recommended he patent and trademark it. It's exciting for me because I can really see us coming back to his original plan of the website. Yeah!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.