Ive been reading a lot about the different industries that we could get into. Offline businesses seem to be a good idea since everyone is going after the sexy Online businesses.
However, there seems to be a big problem with Offline Businesses. That is the problem of Seasonality. I personally loved a lot of the ideas that were given out in the NOTABLE! - 100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can! thread.
However, I live in a State that gets heavy winters, so for 4 months of the year, I would be affected by this. Among the industries that caught my eye were :
Are there any blue collar industries that are NOT affected by Seasonality? Or is that just the nature of blue collar work?
However, there seems to be a big problem with Offline Businesses. That is the problem of Seasonality. I personally loved a lot of the ideas that were given out in the NOTABLE! - 100 Unsexy Business Ideas: Name as many as you can! thread.
However, I live in a State that gets heavy winters, so for 4 months of the year, I would be affected by this. Among the industries that caught my eye were :
- Lawn Mowing/Landscaping
- Exterior Painting
- Tree Removal (This one I researched extensively in tree removal forums and they all say that margins are low. Dont know if I believe that lol)
- Window Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Carpet Installation
Are there any blue collar industries that are NOT affected by Seasonality? Or is that just the nature of blue collar work?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
