The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Increasing Amazon Sales Advice Please

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I never used to like Amazon if I'm honest. But I must admit it's generating quite a few sales with the limited stock we have on there, they are generally problem free too.

So we're looking at increasing sales in general and third party is definitely a big area for us as most of our sales come from eBay & Amazon (although quite a few direct website orders as well)

Are there any resources available for increasing sales on Amazon particularly with general items that other people are already selling? I don't really have any "unique" products.

I've had a read around here (including the big AMA thread) and most seem to relate to importing products and then selling on Amazon, I'm not against giving that a go but it's not our current core business line so at the minute I just want to learn ways to increase general sales.

Any advice welcomed!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I never used to like Amazon if I'm honest. But I must admit it's generating quite a few sales with the limited stock we have on there, they are generally problem free too.

So we're looking at increasing sales in general and third party is definitely a big area for us as most of our sales come from eBay & Amazon (although quite a few direct website orders as well)

Are there any resources available for increasing sales on Amazon particularly with general items that other people are already selling? I don't really have any "unique" products.

I've had a read around here (including the big AMA thread) and most seem to relate to importing products and then selling on Amazon, I'm not against giving that a go but it's not our current core business line so at the minute I just want to learn ways to increase general sales.

Any advice welcomed!

I am not sure I understand your question with clarity.

You want to know how to successfully sell items other people are selling?

What are general sales? What is it you want to sell?

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I am not sure I understand your question with clarity.

You want to know how to successfully sell items other people are selling?

What are general sales? What is it you want to sell?

Hi, sorry, after re-reading my thread I don't think I was that clear either so I will elaborate. I sell two types of products

1. A niche product that 1 maybe 2 other people are also selling on Amazon, but I have the buy box for it. Can these listings be optimised to find more customers in any way? i.e can I edit and improve descriptions and pictures etc of listings that were already on Amazon before I even started selling?

2. A general product like for example (and it's just an example) a SONOS Speaker. Something that plenty of other people are already selling and I don't have the buy box for. Do I have any hope here or is it just never going to happen?

And thinking about it, I do also have a unique self-branded product that no one else has but I don't know how to go about getting this onto Amazon and how to get it generating sales. I don't even know if people search for it on Amazon.

Hopefully that makes a bit more sense now. I just want to increase my activities on Amazon, spend a bit more time working on listings etc.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
If you're selling other people's products, then you need more SKUs. Lots more. Google and read/listen to any interivews or articles featuring Will Tjernlund. His biz is a lot of wholesale, but he does import/private-labeling too.

Also, this is a really interesting company making 70mil a year doing exactly what you're doing: http://www.inc.com/magazine/201603/burt-helm/pharmapacks-amazon-warehouse.html

For launching your own brand, check out The Amazing Seller podcast. 80% of the info is good, but it's a great resource for first timers.

It really is as simple as:
1) Make product page, optimize for keywords (see this link), have good pictures.
2) Get initial sales, grouped together as close as possible - Giveaways, coupon codes, discounted price, cross-sell, facebook ads, amazon ppc, email list
3) Get initial reviews - Same
4) Repeat until organic sales take over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
If you're selling other people's products, then you need more SKUs. Lots more. Google and read/listen to any interivews or articles featuring Will Tjernlund. His biz is a lot of wholesale, but he does import/private-labeling too.

Came across this post the other day https://www.reddit.com/r/Fulfillmen..._those_who_say_keywords_and_fixing_a_listing/

Don't know much about his operation but he seems to lay out a good strategy if you're selling wholesale. (claims to avg $35k a day off one product)

Last edited:

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
A general product like for example (and it's just an example) a SONOS Speaker. Something that plenty of other people are already selling and I don't have the buy box for. Do I have any hope here or is it just never going to happen?

Competing for the buy box on Amazon can you make you short term money, but it will NEVER build you a long term brand/business.

What value are you adding by just winning the buy box by undercutting everyone else's price?

Your OWN branded products is the only way to build a long term, sustainable business online.

People are flocking to Amazon (people who shouldn't even be in "business" to begin with) and are realizing they can make a bit of cash by re-listing everyone else's crap on Amazon. This will not last long. Don't be like everyone else.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Competing for the buy box on Amazon can you make you short term money, but it will NEVER build you a long term brand/business.

What value are you adding by just winning the buy box by undercutting everyone else's price?

Your OWN branded products is the only way to build a long term, sustainable business online.

People are flocking to Amazon (people who shouldn't even be in "business" to begin with) and are realizing they can make a bit of cash by re-listing everyone else's crap on Amazon. This will not last long. Don't be like everyone else.

Yeah that's kind of the issue I'm having, I don't want the buy box just by going cheaper. That's kind of the whole ethos to our business, we're trying to fill a need to a niche audience where there isn't much competition, avoiding the drop shippers and the "me too" sellers.

I have had a "brand" in my mind for a while that fits in with my niches and existing sites, maybe I will look at ways of getting products onto that brand and selling them as my own. I'm assuming I can simply buy unbranded products and call them my own without any real issues? Is it really that simple?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Last edited by a moderator:
G

GuestUser141

Build on whats already there...try this

take a look at amazon bestseller list.....find a product in top 1000
look through the reviews for negative comments

find 5 plus areas that the customers have said they didn,t like

visit Alibaba post the product specifications and list the negatives the customers have commented on.

ask suppliers to submit there,proposals and price

you have just created a new model of a popular product in your own brand

now go back to Amazon, promote the new product page you have created through online marketing,in order to gain traction in amazon serps.

enjoy the cash flow

rinse and repeat

Thank you works for me

this stratgey does work as i have clients who do just this

CAM1

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 13, 2016
California
Hey, looking to increase my sales too. I'm looking for reviews for my product. I'm happy to help if your product needs reviews?

Also, branding is one of the most important things on Amazon. Generic works but in the long run people will just buy another generic product from somebody else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.