The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Improving myself

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
Hi all!
After reading the book M. Fastlane, I understood that I walked on the sidewalk for many years like a sleepwalker.
I read the book 3 years ago and keep reading it whenever I need inspiration.
So, I started to improve my internet-marketing skills.
I want to create my own business that would allow me to help other peoples.
I am learning to change my mentality and I start my first micro-business test FROM ZERO: I self-published a paper book with the intent to help people to solve a real problem.
I wrote the book tailored to the real need, and
I'm selling hundreds of them right now.
This is just a test that has not made me rich, but it is only the first step.
In the meantime I've sold my rights to a publisher and I'm looking for a new business idea.
This is my challenge now.
I love reading, learning and studying.
I like to test myself and face new challenges.
I want to change my life according to my desire, I just need to find the right way.
I will find it, I'm sure.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Welcome to the forum thore, I hope you continue to try to develop yourself and never lose sight of the Fastlane.

So you solved a problem and the sales followed?

Nice job, I'm trying to figure out that part right now. How did you go about finding the problem to solve?

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
Welcome to the forum thore, I hope you continue to try to develop yourself and never lose sight of the Fastlane.

So you solved a problem and the sales followed?

Nice job, I'm trying to figure out that part right now. How did you go about finding the problem to solve?

Hi Will-v-the-World
Thank you for welcoming me.

..and thank you for your questions. :)

So, Let me explain how things are.

Everything I know, I learned by myself. studying, reading books and on the internet.

Before that, I tried to start two more micro-businesses but they failed miserably.
This is my third attempt at online business, the first that brought results.

I started from scratch in October 2017.

Before then, I spent several months without being able to earn a single €uro.

I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.
Everything I did took me in the wrong direction.

A few months before, I read "A New World" by Eckhart Tolle, which changed my way of thinking.
After several months of meditating and cleaning up my thoughts, I managed to put aside limiting thoughts and focus on what I wanted to do.

I have concentrated all my knowledge, skills and experience to create a tailor-made product based on a real problem in a field that I knew very well: rock climbing.

I climbed for 10 years and always had to deal with the fear that it would prevent me from achieving the results I wanted. This became a case study for me, and required a lot of work to solve the problem consciously.

I understood how fear was not just my problem, but a common problem in climbing.
Many climbers suffer from it, but everyone tries to keep it hidden for fear of being judged from others.

I started writing a book that talks about fear in climbing, mental and imaginary limits, performance anxiety and all those problems related to the social aspect of climbing that are like a taboo ... and nobody talks about.

I did surveys on Facebook to see if I was on the right track.
The answers I received made me realise that I was on the right track.

I created a Facebook page, a Lead Magnet and I started with my lead generation campaigns.

In the meanwhile, I knew I wouldn't have the money to print the book.
For this reason, I planned a pre-launch that would allow me to collect the money in advance.
I created a series of posts on the Facebook page for keeping attention high and arousing curiosity.

After two months I sent an e-mail to my list that said:
"If you buy the book immediately you can receive it at a discounted price,
but in any case I will not send it to you before three weeks
."

Presale has worked well.
A little miracle happened, I received a shower of emails with Paypal notifications.

I cashed more than 1000€ in 4 days.
It was something surprising. I was very excited.

At that point I had evidence that the Fastlane is not just a theory.
I remembered a phrase from the book that remained with me and I still remember it:
"IMPACT MILIONS".
This is a source of inspiration for me!
(Thank you MJ)

With that money I printed the books and shipped them on time.
In the meantime, I am continuing to sell books every day.

In any case, I knew it would be a test to test me, and see if I had really on the right road.

Now, six months after the launch, sales have a little bit fallen.
I know that the market niche is small and I think I have almost reached saturation.
All this allowed me to understand that the strategy works and I can replicate it in another business.

But in this case, this is a OneShot sale, which also involves a lot of costs.
Margins are very low and can not be my core business.
I spent a lot of time and work to set up this project, but it does not allow me to live there.

That's why I sold the rights to a publisher, so that I could get passive income without having to pay the printing and marketing costs.

I will continue to pursue this micro-business for a few more months again.
From November the book will be distributed by the publisher and will no longer be a problem for me.

My next step is to sell my foreign rights.

I tried to translated the book for self-publishing, but it takes a lot of money that I can't afford at the moment.

I did an English language test,
I pay a translator for translate the lead magnet, a landing page and some facebook ads.

But it did not work.
For the moment I have parked the project in English.

So, this was my litte story about my little business test.

Now my hard challenge is to find a new business, something related to entrepreneurship.
Something that can really work, that can have an impact and that can be useful for others.

I'm looking for, I'm studying about, but I'm still at the stage of understanding what to do.

Thank you for your time
..and sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Hi Will-v-the-World

Everything I know, I learned by myself. studying, reading books and on the internet.

Before that, I tried to start two more micro-businesses but they failed miserably.

A few months before, I read "A New World" by Eckhart Tolle, which changed my way of thinking.
After several months of meditating and cleaning up my thoughts, I managed to put aside limiting thoughts and focus on what I wanted to do.

I have concentrated all my knowledge, skills and experience to create a tailor-made product based on a real problem in a field that I knew very well: rock climbing.

I climbed for 10 years and always had to deal with the fear that it would prevent me from achieving the results I wanted. This became a case study for me, and required a lot of work to solve the problem consciously.

I understood how fear was not just my problem, but a common problem in climbing.
Many climbers suffer from it, but everyone tries to keep it hidden for fear of being judged from others.

I started writing a book that talks about fear in climbing, mental and imaginary limits, performance anxiety and all those problems related to the social aspect of climbing that are like a taboo ... and nobody talks about.

I created a Facebook page, a Lead Magnet and I started with my lead generation campaigns.

For this reason, I planned a pre-launch that would allow me to collect the money in advance.
I created a series of posts on the Facebook page for keeping attention high and arousing curiosity.

."

Presale has worked well.
A little miracle happened, I received a shower of emails with Paypal notifications.

I remembered a phrase from the book that remained with me and I still remember it:
"IMPACT MILIONS".
(Thank you MJ)

In any case, I knew it would be a test to test me, and see if I had really on the right road.

I know that the market niche is small and I think I have almost reached saturation.
All this allowed me to understand that the strategy works and I can replicate it in another business.

I spent a lot of time and work to set up this project, but it does not allow me to live there.

That's why I sold the rights to a publisher, so that I could get passive income without having to pay the printing and marketing costs.

From November the book will be distributed by the publisher and will no longer be a problem for me.

I tried to translated the book for self-publishing, but it takes a lot of money that I can't afford at the moment.

I pay a translator for translate the lead magnet, a landing page and some facebook ads.

But it did not work.

Now my hard challenge is to find a new business, something related to entrepreneurship.
Something that can really work, that can have an impact and that can be useful for others.

I'm looking for, I'm studying about, but I'm still at the stage of understanding what to do.

Thank you for your time
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your story, it really shows that the more action you take the more you learn and get closer to the right path.

It says in UNSCRIPTED that to find a Need you must engage with life, which you did (rock climbing for ten years).

Your story has inspired me to stop reading so much but instead, find a problem and solve it.

Thank you for this example of filling a Need, it is greatly appreciated.

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
I'm glad that my story has been useful for you.
I wish you'll find what you are looking for.

ps.
I haven't read yet UNSCRIPTED .
I ordered the book, and looking forward for start reading. :)
To me, TMF is like an introduction to the mindset and UNSCRIPTED goes more in-depth. TMF is more of a story and UNSCRIPTED is like a dictionary. When I need a refresher I always go to UNSCRIPTED .

harp1600

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
285%
May 12, 2018
United States
I'm glad that my story has been useful for you.
I wish you'll find what you are looking for.

ps.
I haven't read yet UNSCRIPTED .
I ordered the book, and looking forward for start reading. :)
Hello, thore!
I have read unscripted , but not TMF , but I can vouch for @Will-v-the-World on this one. Even though I haven't yet read TMF , I heard it is better to begin with, but I started on Unscripted because I already knew most of the mindset already. But yeah, Unscripted is a bible. It teaches you almost anything you will ever need to know about entrepreneurship, making money, etc. I could not put the book down!

It has been almost a month since you posted this, so tell me, how is the book?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Hi Will-v-the-World

."

Presale has worked well.

"IMPACT MILIONS".
(Thank you MJ)

But it did not work.

Thank you for your time
Wow! Congratulations! First half of this is everything I read in $100 Startup. Second half are concepts from Millionaire Fastlane . Your'e seriously making huge strides compared to most.

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
Hello, thore!
I have read unscripted , but not TMF , but I can vouch for @Will-v-the-World on this one. Even though I haven't yet read TMF , I heard it is better to begin with, but I started on Unscripted because I already knew most of the mindset already. But yeah, Unscripted is a bible. It teaches you almost anything you will ever need to know about entrepreneurship, making money, etc. I could not put the book down!

It has been almost a month since you posted this, so tell me, how is the book?
Hello harp1600,
since the last time I wrote this post, I have read unscripted .
IMO, is really a different book than TMF, it is a deepening, like a second chapter.
I agree with Will-v-the-World: it's a dictionary, but also a road-map that allows you to understand the entrepreneurial mindset.

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015

larrymclean

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 19, 2013
Seattle
Thank you for this thread. It sounds like you have found a real market in the sport of Climbing.

I like this because I am writing a Scuba Diver's Guide. My product is a Divers Guide to the Shipwrecks of Truk Lagoon.

In 1993 I lived and worked in Truk, the wreck diving capital of the world. On a small island on the edge of the planet, I used Logitech ScanMan and early Desktop Publishing software to publish "26 Principle Shipwrecks of Truk Lagoon" for the S. S. Thorfinn live-aboard dive boat. This was a crude, private, publication but the captain/owner was easily able to sell it to almost every customer who came on board for $25.00 USD. As far as I know, he is still selling it today.

I like your thread because it involves a niche market but I do not see it as "do what you love". Both Fastlane and Unscripted have caused me to pause and consider if what I am doing is "do what you love" versus meeting a true need and solving a problem. I truly believe my product will meet a real need and solve a real problem. Now I am working on expanding the reach.

One of the reasons I am writing my current book is that I discovered in 2013 that no further competitive works have been done since my work in 1993. In 2013 I stepped in to help a group of divers plan a trip to Truk Lagoon. Taking a dive trip to Truk Lagoon is a big deal. It is expensive, time-consuming and potentially very dangerous.

I realized in my efforts to help this group that nothing like what I had put together in 1993 had been done since. In fact, when the group returned to Seattle I realized the operator they had dived with was using the images I had published in 1993 for their dive briefings. I also found the images I published in 1993 on the internet. I find my old and outdated material when I search for names like Aikoku Maru, Fujikawa Maru, San Francisco Maru, Emily Flying Boat, Betty Bomber, Sankisan Maru and the list goes on.

This floored me. Steel-hulled shipwrecks change dramatically over time. The guide I published in 1993 was way outdated. The shop using the old material has laminated the 1993 images and they update changes to the images with Sharpie. I smelled an opportunity.

I was not the only one to notice this in 2013. A prominent wreck diving author also noticed the void in the market. This author was able to get a book in the market very quickly and his book sells. It would take a lot of explanation to demonstrate why my book will be better, more accurate, more interesting, etcetera.

It is slow going to document over 30 shipwrecks but I am obsessed. I have made two major mapping expeditions to Truk since 2014. I have a remarkable illustrator working with me. I now have material for three books in a series.

A picture tells a thousand words so I have included a couple of images.

My product is in its infancy. I am hoping this forum will help me take wise steps and keep my momentum going. Your story is inspiring.

Thanks again for your post.

aikoku_laminated.jpg Fastlane-Aikoku-Maru-Small.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.