- Joined
- Jun 9, 2014
- Messages
- 102
Rep Bank
$580
$580
User Power: 114%
Hi,
Been looking at importing from China and selling via Ebay and amazon.
However being in Canada the local market is obviously a lot smaller. Looks like the successful people on here are mainly based in the U.S where faster and free shipping is possible to a large market. I would obviously like to target to a much larger audience including the U.S, but my concern is, would it still be profitable to import from China to my home address (to check quality etc.), then ship over the boarder? Is anyone doing this from Canada and if so, could you please elaborate in relation to your profitability and methods. Not asking for any trade secrets you aren't willing to share, just some pitfalls to avoid maybe.
I know if I order items from the U.S, they often get held in customs and I incur brokerage charges - Particularly for items made outside of the U.S. This could obviously result in a slower service and bad feedback from my American customers.Unless it's possible/worthwhile to have some form of pre-customs clearance service?
Thanks in advance.
Been looking at importing from China and selling via Ebay and amazon.
However being in Canada the local market is obviously a lot smaller. Looks like the successful people on here are mainly based in the U.S where faster and free shipping is possible to a large market. I would obviously like to target to a much larger audience including the U.S, but my concern is, would it still be profitable to import from China to my home address (to check quality etc.), then ship over the boarder? Is anyone doing this from Canada and if so, could you please elaborate in relation to your profitability and methods. Not asking for any trade secrets you aren't willing to share, just some pitfalls to avoid maybe.
I know if I order items from the U.S, they often get held in customs and I incur brokerage charges - Particularly for items made outside of the U.S. This could obviously result in a slower service and bad feedback from my American customers.Unless it's possible/worthwhile to have some form of pre-customs clearance service?
Thanks in advance.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
