The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Too Comfortable

A post of a ranting nature...

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Hi!

Yes you read the title correctly.

I think what's preventing me from achieving real success is my position.

I'm 17, my parents are paying for my food, my roof, my education. I could literally do nothing and still get along with it.

I really want more in my life, but I think this sums it up : The Howling Dog Story

What can I do to get less comfortable and really move forward?

I'll take any advice.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Look for something that exites you. Learn about it. Help others with that. success.

In general : for business: don’t do what you love. Is chewed through endless times.

But in your age I think first you must get a feeling, what excitement is.
So are you scating, biking, or anything else with gusto? And did it learn real good From scratch? Than you know it allready. Same with business.

Sefyu24

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 29, 2018
Hi!
I was in the same situation as you are right now. First thing I suggest you to do is find a job. When you start working, you will understand the value of money and you will make better choices in life. If you let your parents pay everything for you, why would you even feel a need to do something? You have to put yourself in a situation where you are not depending on your parents for everything.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Thanks for your anwser @Ing !
Look for something that exites you. Learn about it. Help others with that. success.
Money excites me. Is that a problem? But I know I must put value proving first to succeed.
In general : for business: don’t do what you love. Is chewed through endless times.
Agree 100%

So are you scating, biking, or anything else with gusto? And did it learn real good From scratch? Than you know it allready. Same with business.
Yes I do biking and I really like it.
So you're saying I should like "transpose" this experience into business?

I just deleted my video games, blocked YouTube and Instagram, this should start to help me.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Hi!
I was in the same situation as you are right now. First thing I suggest you to do is find a job. When you start working, you will understand the value of money and you will make better choices in life. If you let your parents pay everything for you, why would you even feel a need to do something? You have to put yourself in a situation where you are not depending on your parents for everything.
It's a really good idea, but I think I can't with my studies, can I? High school takes a lot of my time.
You have to put yourself in a situation where you are not depending on your parents for everything.
Totally agree, again.

Thanks!

Sefyu24

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 29, 2018
It's a really good idea, but I think I can't with my studies, can I? High school takes a lot of my time.

I don't know what's your situation so I can't tell you if you can or can not, but I'm pretty sure that if you really WANT to change your situation and take control of your expenses you will be able to find a way and make it happen.

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
What are you doing? high school, college?

Also, make clear with yourself if you really wanna start a business or just make some cash to be a little more independent (in this case you should try bootstrapping or freelancing)

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
Hi!

I'm 17, my parents are paying for my food, my roof, my education. I could literally do nothing and still get along with it.

I really want more in my life, but I think this sums it up : The Howling Dog Story

I'll take any advice.

Thanks!
This may helps you:
"There are certain things that cannot be adequately explained to a virgin either by words or pictures. Nor can any description that I might offer here even approximate what it feels like to lose a real chunk of money that you used to own" Fred Schwed.

Direct your thoughts/thinking to those who suffering from losing a lot (and I mean A LOT) of money in the stock markets in the last few days. And how about those countries & people (including you & I) who are potentially at risk of catching a C0VlD-19?.......For goodness sake....Wake up & live.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Go across town and sleep outside for a night under a bridge.

Maybe that will help, bonus points if you starve for a few days.

Then you can go back home to the safety of your parents for free meals with a new appreciation for life.

Extra bonus points if it's -30 outside!

Construction job as a laborer (a literal slave) for minimum wage would be a good starting point as well. Especially if your coworkers are alcoholics and drug users.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Then you can go back home to the safety of your parents for free meals with a new appreciation for life.

Construction job as a laborer (a literal slave) for minimum wage would be a good starting point as well. Especially if your coworkers are alcoholics and drug users.

Yikes! No, don't do this. Wrong direction. Camp out in your parents' yard if you need to rough it. At least you won't likely be killed that way.

I would say build something, anything, and learn how you can scale it efficiently. Also read books about business, especially if they tell you about automating, scaling, and making them passive. Try to apply what you read every day.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi!

I'll take any advice.

Thanks!
Why do you need to be less comfortable to move forward?
Being uncomfortable physically or mentally can be a strong driver of actions, yes, but its not the only one.
If you recognize your position in life this early on, and you want to help other people by providing value to their lives, then make that your drive.
You dont need to destroy your comfort in order for you to act.
Sacrifice comfort if it serves your plans and goals.
Dont do it to force your self in a uncomfortable position for the sake of it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Somewhere inside you there's a call to adventure. Listen to it. And know that if you F*ck up, you can always go home.

I left home at 18. Best decision I ever made.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
What are you doing? high school, college?

Also, make clear with yourself if you really wanna start a business or just make some cash to be a little more independent (in this case you should try bootstrapping or freelancing)
High School. And I think I really want to start a real business that could last and maybe have a great exit.

Direct your thoughts/thinking to those who suffering from losing a lot (and I mean A LOT) of money in the stock markets in the last few days. And how about those countries & people (including you & I) who are potentially at risk of catching a C0VlD-19?.......For goodness sake....Wake up & live.
I'm trying to find problems for now.

This is a bit extreme :rofl: but could work yeah. Thanks!

If you recognize your position in life this early on, and you want to help other people by providing value to their lives, then make that your drive.
Thank you. Really appreciate.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
Somewhere inside you there's a call to adventure. Listen to it. And know that if you F*ck up, you can always go home.

I left home at 18. Best decision I ever made.
I think you're totally right! I've always wanted to like leave, build something, but like any teenager, no?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.