The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm starting a web design studio, trying to focus on value and strategy

miguelst

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Oct 2, 2022
Hi, I recently arrived here after reading the Unscripted book, which is absolutely amazing.

I've been a web developer since I was 16, I'm 34 now (which feels a bit old after reading a few posts here) and I'm starting my own studio, I love having my own clients, doing strategy meetings and coding beautiful websites, what I did notice however, in the last few weeks of starting up, is that designing is not my thing. It drains my energy, I'm never in the flow, which does happen when I'm coding.

I've been reading a few topics here, and my plan is as follows, focus on the things I'm good at, and try to limit time spent on the things I don't like. I just spent 2 days trying to design a landing page, after reading a few comments by @Fox, I'm now using a template, I'm nearly done and the website is going to provide great value to the client, and looks better then 80% of all competitor websites I reviewed.

I'll be living on this forum for the coming months, hope to talk to you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi, I recently arrived here after reading the Unscripted book, which is absolutely amazing.

I've been a web developer since I was 16, I'm 34 now (which feels a bit old after reading a few posts here) and I'm starting my own studio, I love having my own clients, doing strategy meetings and coding beautiful websites, what I did notice however, in the last few weeks of starting up, is that designing is not my thing. It drains my energy, I'm never in the flow, which does happen when I'm coding.

I've been reading a few topics here, and my plan is as follows, focus on the things I'm good at, and try to limit time spent on the things I don't like. I just spent 2 days trying to design a landing page, after reading a few comments by @Fox, I'm now using a template, I'm nearly done and the website is going to provide great value to the client, and looks better then 80% of all competitor websites I reviewed.

I'll be living on this forum for the coming months, hope to talk to you all!

Welcome - you are in the right place and you will get many ideas here of big ways to put your skills to work!

Stick around and check out the other MJ books plus the Gold threads on here etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...