The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm screwed.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
I have $400 in my bank account and have only one more month of rent of money left. I got laid off and am looking for another job but it doesnt seem like its going to happen anytime soon. I am in full panic mode. Is there a skill I can learn with the $400 that will generate $2000+ a month? Willing to spend 20 hours a day for a month learning this skill.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Athena

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Sep 22, 2019
I have $400 in my bank account and have only one more month of rent of money left. I got laid off and am looking for another job but it doesnt seem like its going to happen anytime soon. I am in full panic mode. Is there a skill I can learn with the $400 that will generate $2000+ a month? Willing to spend 20 hours a day for a month learning this skill.
Product photography using beautiful colorful sets .

Brands need content

Market on IG

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
You're in side hustles, freelancing, look at the gold threads
The forum is a resource, lots of ideas

*edit* I just moused-over your name & saw what thread you were reading, that's the one ;)
Go get 'em tiger
PS you're not Grumpy Cat are you? :hilarious:

Last edited:

Bruno Calisso

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 26, 2019
Portugal
In your situation I don't think it's time to learn, you need to go out and hustle hard ASAP. Though I don't know how will the quarantine restrict your actions depending on where you live, you should go and search for some odd jobs or simple services, no matter what they are, you need cash now, I'm sure you'll learn something new in the way, experience is always better.

Now, the real thing to learn from this experience is that you're driving in the dangerous slowlane.

Next time don't make the same mistake, save at least for 3 months of expenses.

Good luck!

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA

Labor intensive work

Carpet cleaning, landscaping, window washing, moving, etc...
Something along those lines.

Can advertise your services craigslist cheaply.

Here's a classic thread from @IceCreamKid about his carpet cleaning business. GOLD! - Making Money For Dummies (And In a Crowded Market)

Go get that sweet sweet sweat equity.

Visionary96

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Oct 23, 2018
Torquay, United Kingdom
Copywriting or blog/article writing. Look through all Lex's stuff and you will be earning in no time. Still early days for me but I am quickly gaining momentum with it.

They are always jobs being posted on Upwork, PeoplePerHour or Fiverr with many being long term positions.

benuck621

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 23, 2019
Austin Tx
Labor intensive work

Carpet cleaning, landscaping, window washing, moving, etc...
Something along those lines.

Can advertise your services craigslist cheaply.

Here's a classic thread from @IceCreamKid about his carpet cleaning business. GOLD! - Making Money For Dummies (And In a Crowded Market)

Go get that sweet sweet sweat equity.
Tubs is right on it, you need to eat, 2k a month is a reachable goal doing as many side jobs you can!!

SeritaMedici

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Apr 9, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Flip phones while Learning Tier 1 IT from YouTube. Then apply to any job/contract

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You're in side hustles, freelancing, look at the gold threads
The forum is a resource, lots of ideas

*edit* I just moused-over your name & saw what thread you were reading, that's the one ;)
Go get 'em tiger
PS you're not Grumpy Cat are you? :hilarious:
Haha Grumpy Cat...easter egg from a time ago?

Copywriting or blog/article writing. Look through all Lex's stuff and you will be earning in no time. Still early days for me but I am quickly gaining momentum with it.

They are always jobs being posted on Upwork, PeoplePerHour or Fiverr with many being long term positions.
I'd go for article writing first, and then move into copy (such as advertorials).
Copywriting is a very steep learning curve, as you will have to do a ton of reading of existing copy, market offers and so on, before you can suggest decent action plans to clients.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States

You're not screwed, and you need to change that mindset if you're going to get yourself out of this.

I felt similarly in March.

The difference was instead of "I'm screwed" my thoughts were "I don't know how I'm going to get through this, but I'm going to figure it out".

And I did.

Jardo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
May 9, 2020
Earth
If you're really in a financial emergency, this is not a time to "learn skills". Look for a job. Let go of your ego and take any shitty job you can find.

Can you sell something you don't need? Do your really need that big flat screen TV or that Playstation to survive? Do you have a car? Drive for Uber...

In general, ask yourself: "What can I do right now to inject more money into my life?". Once your emergency is over, then you can start thinking about learning more valuable skills and building a business.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I d offer lawn mowing.

kylebryant04

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Apr 15, 2020
Houston, Texas
In all seriousness, I hear the trash can cleaning business is booming right now. If you live in a neighborhood with weekly trash pickup, there is a market for cleaning services for the day after that. Just drive around and clean nasty trash cans, but it'll make money.

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I just read all his past posts, seems to be a lack of focus.
In his present state of mind I don't think he could even do the menial jobs some of you suggested.
Therefore
Military service is probably his best option.
He'll get the structure he needs, accommodation, pay, training, discipline, resourcefulness...

Alternatively, he's just posting for attention.
Read his threads, see for yourself.

daftypunk

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Mar 29, 2020
Asia
In his present state of mind I don't think he could even do the menial jobs some of you suggested.
Therefore
He'll get the structure he needs, accommodation, pay, training, discipline, resourcefulness...

Exactly. He wants attention.
Doesn't even seem like he has read tmf . Wants to change himself, but he thinks all the answers are here. He doesn't want to go through the "process", and with this mindset he will end up nowhere.

@eccehomo instead of spending 20 hours learning a skill, i would recommend reading ' the one thing ' / mindset / the magic of thinking big and listen to podcasts- MFCEO- andy frisella, jim rohn. Read any of those books and change your mindset.

At the same time start looking for jobs. Shitty Jobs to start with, while learning a skill at home.

Remember posting on TMF won't do shit. It will only change your life if you take the advice and implement it. Otherwise its pointless and just a waste of time.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Think for yourself. If you don't have any skill you can use to make your own money. The easiest way would be to go to a regular job. All the advices you got above could work for you, but you need months and years till you will reach your break even point.

Entrepreneurship shouldn't be a substitute for unemployment.

eccehomo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Apr 18, 2020
Heaven/Hell
Therefore

Lmao eat me. Why would i post this for attention. Sit down buddy.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

Well... you can answer this in many ways. The forum has seen his fair share of people doing that. Consciously or not.

But. Let's put you to the fire. I did like @Odysseus M Jones and looked at your threads. You have one about a month ago, on deciding to have high standards for yourself. What have you done since the?

You are willing to spend 20hrs a day learning a skill. Great. Have you started looking for skills to learn before posting here? Which ones did you find you can learn? Maybe instead of asking the forum to provide an answer, you can do some research and ask people here for advice on which one to pick.

Heck. The forum has few threads on how to start from 0 and make $$ relatively fast. Have you looked for them?

Asking for help is one thing. Expecting us to do the thinking and deliver the answer to you is another thing. And that is what makes people suspect that you look for attention.

Odysseus M Jones

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Prove me wrong, I'm happy to apologise.
In fact, I'll go further.
If you get some hustle going with tangible results, customers & sales by the end of this month, I'll be your PA for 30 days, your virtual butler (it's a Seinfeld reference), to drive sales/marketing & whatever else I can help with.
And once you hit a certain turnover, say $5k monthly, at profit of course, you can have my INSIDERS membership, but if it can't be transferred, I'll buy you a year's membership.

You'll need to be able to verify your actions & sales, perhaps someone can act as an independent moderator or even suggest targets/figures? Just to ensure that everything is bonified. Maybe a staff member if they have time.

However, as you've been a forum member since April 18, if you'd used your time wisely & read the threads, you wouldn't need to ask for ideas how to make a quick buck, there's gold on this forum.

QuantumLeap

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Dec 25, 2018
Python Programming, Here is a list of courses you can take for absolutely free:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmZe5D3v5I
(not my video just to show ya what's possible)
Python Courses | Coursera (not my website)

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Any work to feed and shelter you until you figure something out.

LeeRoyBrown

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 5, 2020
Uk
Prove me wrong, I'm happy to apologise.
In fact, I'll go further.
If you get some hustle going with tangible results, customers & sales by the end of this month, I'll be your PA for 30 days, your virtual butler (it's a Seinfeld reference), to drive sales/marketing & whatever else I can help with.
And once you hit a certain turnover, say $5k monthly, at profit of course, you can have my INSIDERS membership, but if it can't be transferred, I'll buy you a year's membership.

You'll need to be able to verify your actions & sales, perhaps someone can act as an independent moderator or even suggest targets/figures? Just to ensure that everything is bonified. Maybe a staff member if they have time.

However, as you've been a forum member since April 18, if you'd used your time wisely & read the threads, you wouldn't need to ask for ideas how to make a quick buck, there's gold on this forum.

Don't waste your time he's looking to be spoonfed.

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Aug 9, 2019
Call every hospital/clinic etc. In you area and ask if they are looking for cleaners. Get an income and survive, then learn a new skill

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

You're not screwed, and you need to change that mindset if you're going to get yourself out of this.

I felt similarly in March.

The difference was instead of "I'm screwed" my thoughts were "I don't know how I'm going to get through this, but I'm going to figure it out".

And I did.
Mic Drop.

This is printed out and hanging on the wall, FYI.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.