The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Not New, But I am Back!

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Greetings fellow Fastlaners -

After a few months of inactivity, I wanted to drop a message letting you all know that I am back, and extremely grateful and excited to be here.

I have been entranced in a much-needed period of self-examination since September, mostly thanks to a simple challenge issued to me from Russ H., but also because, deep down, I knew that it had to be done.

It was Russ’s response (as well as a couple of the other highly reputable members responses) to this thread http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=442 that helped put me into hiatus mode.

It was when I sat down and started to put pen to paper, attempting to answer the simple “challenge,†that I realized my goals, not just financial, but even moreso my personal life achievement goals, were relatively unidentified in my head. I began to recognize how little control I have in my life (by my own willingness, no less), and how instead of me making life happen, I was allowing life to happen to me. I realized that although I still viewed myself as a young guy inside myself, in reality, I was a guy about to turn 33 years old, with over 10 years in my current job, with no real ambition to change anything.

It was mind numbing. And, hopefully, life-changing.

If I am still welcome :),I plan on being a regular contributor here on the Fastlane – hopefully contributing with help when I can, but also (gasp), asking others for help as well – possibly often.

I will say it right now: I will need the occassional kick in the a$$ to keep me on track. More on that to follow. Let’s just say focus, or lack thereof, is one of my bigger weaknesses that I am fighting right now.

For now, I simply wanted to put it out their that I am back, and I am more excited now than ever before. I am bringing with me a lot of momentum coming out of my visit with myself.

Wish me luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Merkin Man

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Thanks, Yankees.

Funny that you replied to me first. I have been in and out from time to time and I have to tell you that I am extremely impressed with you - not just how you seem to be very knowledgeable but also in the drive that you seem to possess.

You remind a lot of myself when I was a little younger. Don't ever change that about yourself!!!

Glad to be back.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Thanks...it really means a lot! :) :thankyousign:

What's next for you? Are you going to be investing in stocks, investing in real estate, or starting up a business...or something so revolutionary that it doesn't even fall under one of these categories? Orrr should we just wait 'til you post your goals so we can see for ourselves in detail?

Btw, your avatar is hilarious! :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Welcome back, Merkin! Really cool that you have had this experience. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Once that switch flips in your head, the adventure begins. Soon you will be wondering how you ever lived any other way. :) I am so grateful that I had that mind-set change and I worry that many people never will.

The very best to you in your adventure. I hope its a wonderful ride!

I am also a Yankees fan. ;) So many promising qualities..... sometimes I think to myself - I am going to have to come back to this site (not that it's a chore) for years just to see what he's up to..... don't forget to keep us posted, Yankees!

Reminds me of a quote I read the other day.....

vIt is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat -- Theodore Roosevelt

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back ... you were number 13 to join this forum ... one of the "old guys"!:smxB:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...