The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm new here and i need some help

JohnForte

Software Engineer Ninja
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Dec 12, 2019
New York
Welcome to the forum, if you are not technical I highly recommend partnering with a technical person. This helps a bit as well as vetting your idea, can you sell a technical person on your idea as viable?

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
Hey, I'm new here and I've read the millionaire fastlane and I came up with an idea of an app and I wanted to ask that if myself should learn app development or should I hire someone or partner with an app developer??
How old are you and are you working? What’s your expertise

mairaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2020
Pakistan
Welcome to the forum, if you are not technical I highly recommend partnering with a technical person. This helps a bit as well as vetting your idea, can you sell a technical person on your idea as viable?
I don't know. I can't find any app developer nor do I have any idea where I can find them neither do I know that if I do find one, what are the chances of them partnering with me

mve0991

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Apr 5, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi Mairaij,

Can you tell us a little more about your background? Is there any chance that you could pickup a programming language to develop an app yourself? If yes, a good start is Udemy which is a learning platform where you can follow courses for almost any programming language. Flutter and React Native are common libraries used for app development which are built on Dart and JavaScript.

If not, do you have any budget to outsource the app development so that you are not dependent on a 'partner' you don't even know and keep control of the business yourself?

Last edited:

mairaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2020
Pakistan
Hi Mairaij,

Can you tell us a little more about your background? Is there any chance that you could pickup a programming language to develop an app yourself? If yes, a good start is Udemy which is a learning platform where you can follow courses for almost any programming language. Flutter and React Native are common libraries used for app development which are built on Dart and JavaScript.

If not, do you have any budget to outsource the app development so that you are not dependent on a 'partner' you don't even know and keep control of the business yourself?

I don't have any knowledge about programming but even if I learn programming myself, wouldn't it take a year or two for me to develop an app capable of selling? and I currently do not have any budget, I'm so confused

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aniket Singh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 7, 2020
Bengaluru
I don't have any knowledge about programming but even if I learn programming myself, wouldn't it take a year or two for me to develop an app capable of selling? and I currently do not have any budget, I'm so confused
Yes if you start learning it will take some time & you don't know which programming language is best for developing your app so it's better to find some technical person or a programmer who can partner with you & build the app.

mairaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 8, 2020
Pakistan
Yes if you start learning it will take some time & you don't know which programming language is best for developing your app so it's better to find some technical person or a programmer who can partner with you & build the app.

what if he steals my idea? well, to avoid that I should find a trustworthy person or should I pay someone to make me the app?

Aniket Singh

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 7, 2020
Bengaluru
what if he steals my idea? well, to avoid that I should find a trustworthy person or should I pay someone to make me the app?
You can sign a non-disclosure agreement and share the details or else pay someone to develop the app.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sonny_1080

Creating a tool I want to use.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Oct 30, 2019
Los Angeles
17 years old?! Sounds like the perfect time to learn app development to me. I suggest taking a Udemy course on app development to get started and apply the info you learn as you progress through the course.

I'm sure theres plenty of info on developing an app if you search through the forum too.

Good for you!

Edit: You can always outsource the more advanced stuff to someone else. It would be smart to have some foundational knowledge to get you going in the right direction... or any direction at all. A Udemy course can do that for you.

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas