The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm married and have a 1yr old son. And I'm not even 20 yet! Looking for advice!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@Nelon154

I won’t bore you with my own long story. But want to help you appreciate accounting a little more. I started out as a CPA before launching my companies. I did it because while that may we’ll be the “scripted life”, it was a great life compared to where I started (immigrant… no money etc.).
Jon D Rockefeller was a bookkeeper! Think about that. Let that sink in.

oh and @SteveO wow, I’m humbled reading your story. You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing.

Nelon154

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jul 20, 2021
@Nelon154

I won’t bore you with my own long story. But want to help you appreciate accounting a little more. I started out as a CPA before launching my companies. I did it because while that may we’ll be the “scripted life”, it was a great life compared to where I started (immigrant… no money etc.).
Jon D Rockefeller was a bookkeeper! Think about that. Let that sink in.

oh and @SteveO wow, I’m humbled reading your story. You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your contribution to my thread. It means a lot. I can relate as me and my family are immigrants too. You're right, compared to where I was living with my parents working at a burger king. I've gone through many sleepless nights for my degree and I've finally put it to some use. I've done a lot of thinking and it was immature of me to expect honey and rainbows just because I graduated, especially with just a two year degree.

My previous discontent with my degree is that people with the 4 year degree where I work literally only make a dollar more than me! If they have had such trouble then where was the hope for me. After reading unscripted (13 hours into the 17 hour book) I have realized that if I keep myself in the scripted model and continue to let circumstances and others control my life then I should be scared. However if I take control and actively work on improving myself and my lifestyle while also building a money system that adds value to society then I shouldn't be scared. Who else can I trust with my life other than me?

Thank you kindly!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@Nelon154 . I've been on the forum since the beginning. Watched MANY people go from nothing to lots. It has been fun to watch.

Many of us are friends off the forum as well.

The thing is that I didn't start until the age of 37. So the real fun comes from watching people like you go zooming past me.

and @SteveO wow, I’m humbled reading your story. You are an inspiration, thanks for sharing
Thanks. Most of my life is detailed in multiple years of posts. Details are probably nauseating after a while. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hello,

My name is Nelson Brito. I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for some hard advice. This is going to be kinda a long post so I apologize in advance.

A little about me, I'm a 19 year old father to a one year old and I'm also married. I live in New York state and I'm working as an accountant for 19 bucks an hour. My wife is a dental assistant for 17 bucks an hour. We have tons of bills including a daycare payment larger than our rent.

I have an associate's degree in business administration that my dad had to put a lean on our house to pay for so I would not have debt (thanks dad!). I thought that I would be happy being an accountant but I actually hate it.

I read MJ's book the millionaire fast lane and I fell in love with the dream life that MJ lives everyday.

The challenges I currently face that I'd like advice on:

currently,

#1:

I have no direction. I have no idea what kind of value I'd like to provide to the world nor how to be my own dictator of direction. I feel like I'm always waiting for the next order instead of taking the wheel.

I am currently teaching myself how to code java because when I get my idea that's the language best suited due to the range of devices it can be deployed onto.

#2:

My job is draining the life out of me and stressing me out. I come home only to find ten thousand things need to be done. I want to do more at night and so I was wondering if you all knew ways to help me stay focused and not crazy tired besides the obvious caffeinated beverages which seem to have no effect on me.

#3:

I have very strong reasons for why I need to start creating a fast lane process. However I find I lack passion. I've been burned by bad business ideas. I have spent money trying to learn dead end skills.

#4:

I know that I come off as selfish for why I need a fast lane process. It's a challenge for me to think otherwise because I want a life for my family that the average only dream of. I'm tired of missing him say new words or missing out on precious moments together. However I am aware that the only way I can create that life is if regular consumers find me valuable.

So, how can I change my mindset to help me find the passion I need to want to help others rather than myself?

#5:

Has anyone else here ever been in a similar situation to me? Man, I really REALLY don't want to be rich old. I also really feel like I will burn out driving the slow lane.

Any advice and/or criticism is accepted. I thank you in advance for taking the time to read and/or respond.
Glenn Stearns had a child at the age of 14 and now he's a billionaire.

edit: Google says his net worth is "only" $500 million but I think that's wrong.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...