The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm going to be on TV this weekend

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Is there a website or book that explains further the real truth about the right way to eat? Thanks.

For the most part, the "Paleo" diet might as well be renamed to the "evidence-based diet". It has a very solid footing in scientific fact, despite the "eat like a caveman" bullsh*t that everyone seems to want to talk about when mentioning it. Some people go crazy over it with every little "rule" but in a nutshell:

- Avoid all grains (rice, bread, corn, wheat, etc...)
- Avoid artificial sugar and moderate your intake of natural sugar (fruit)
- Stick to real food and ingredients (meats, fish, vegetables, nuts, eggs...)
- Throw away your corn/veg oil for cooking and use Ghee/Butter/Coconut oil instead, Olive oil is great for eating but not so much for cooking.

That's the long and short of it. Some people also add legume avoidance (peanuts, beans) and dairy avoidance although it seems like the science behind those rules flip-flops between those being good or bad for you, or have to do with how it's prepared, etc...

Even stricter (although much, much healthier) is to stick with grass-fed animals instead of grain-fed. The health differences between the two are night and day but grass-fed is harder to find and more expensive.

There's a Paleo thread on here many pages long - you could start there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
when is the paint brush cover airing on shark tank?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Likwid. I just saw this episode on Amazon. I think you were robbed. I can't believe they held you back just over the sauce. They didn't penalize the eventual winner in the second round for almost hospitalizing someone with the ghost pepper? I think it was clear from the beginning that only you and the eventual winner really knew what they were doing. The woman should have been chopped the first round.

This is one of the things that drives me crazy with these shows. It's really the judging that makes or breaks the show.

Letting the older guy and the women through meant that the rest of the episode was not going to be fun to watch because they were simply over matched the rest of the way. Watching someone who can't sing has some entertainment value for a show like American Idol, but watching someone who can't cook just isn't fun to watch.

With those ingredients, It would have been really interesting to see what you could have done in the second round. And the eventual winner bombed the final round so I think it would have been a clear path to victory for you if you just survived to the second round.

If you like cooking shows, check out Masterchef The Professionals UK with Michelle Roux. Fantastic!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00mx9xb

Here is the link on the episode.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTYSBNI/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Speed +

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content