The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm feeling chased but not knowing how to deal with it

Anything related to matters of the mind

Wiezel

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Oct 15, 2018
The Netherlands
My name is Lars and I turned 25 a few weeks back. During these strange times I never felt more insecure about how 'unsafe' having a job is.
I work in aviation and almost half of work is gone, all passenger flights are cancelled. My contract is ending in September and I'm not sure if it will get extended. Therefore I'm scared of not being able to pay for my house (where I dreamt of, finally living on my own terms).

I don't want to dwell on my past but I've been that guy who's known for 'job hopping', the longest I stayed in a job is 1,5 year. My main reason for leaving so many jobs is I wasn't enjoying it, it didn't inspire me and feeling drained end of the day. Besides that I'm an HSP (High Sensitive Person) which allows me to live on my own perfectly fine without others, I don't connect to much with other human beings.

Reading this you might think I'm a loner and socially awkward but in contrast; I would love to connect with others, I'm a very good listener (thanks HSP). Currently my life is far from exciting; work, chill, eat, sleep and repeat. Which is okay for me some days. But it's getting worse now these strange times has appeared and I'm feeling chased by insecurities, money and not knowing what the future will bring. I wouldn't say I hate my life but it's not amazing either, it's satisfying (and frustrating at the same time).

How do I deal with;
1. Not knowing what truly inspires me/making me feel alive
2. Finding out what I am capable of and what amazing things a human being can do
3. Finding it hard to connect with others

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I would love to see your reply!

~ Lars

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

krishnafied

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Apr 2, 2020
Huntsville, AL
My name is Lars and I turned 25 a few weeks back. During these strange times I never felt more insecure about how 'unsafe' having a job is.
I work in aviation and almost half of work is gone, all passenger flights are cancelled. My contract is ending in September and I'm not sure if it will get extended. Therefore I'm scared of not being able to pay for my house (where I dreamt of, finally living on my own terms).

I don't want to dwell on my past but I've been that guy who's known for 'job hopping', the longest I stayed in a job is 1,5 year. My main reason for leaving so many jobs is I wasn't enjoying it, it didn't inspire me and feeling drained end of the day. Besides that I'm an HSP (High Sensitive Person) which allows me to live on my own perfectly fine without others, I don't connect to much with other human beings.

Reading this you might think I'm a loner and socially awkward but in contrast; I would love to connect with others, I'm a very good listener (thanks HSP). Currently my life is far from exciting; work, chill, eat, sleep and repeat. Which is okay for me some days. But it's getting worse now these strange times has appeared and I'm feeling chased by insecurities, money and not knowing what the future will bring. I wouldn't say I hate my life but it's not amazing either, it's satisfying (and frustrating at the same time).

How do I deal with;
2. Finding out what I am capable of and what amazing things a human being can do

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and I would love to see your reply!

~ Lars

Dear Lars, thank you for your sincere post. I think I have a good answer for you -- it's so simple, it may surprise you!

As an HSP, you care deeply about the welfare of other people and of animals. If you don't use that somehow, you will not find fulfillment.

When we sit around and think, "What about me? What about me? What about me?" that is a guaranteed recipe for depression. So the antidote is, every moment, think, "What can I do for the world and the people around me?"

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA

How do I deal with;

~ Lars
Hi Lars,

Thanks for your post and I can relate to your malaise. Been there. Please take this feedback with a grain of salt, as I don't know you, but here are a few tips:

1. Regarding feeling chased, you're young and life is a marathon, not a sprint. If you are feeling anxious or highly frustrated about where you are in life, remember that you have time to figure it out. On the other hand, that shouldn't be a free pass to waste time. We have only moments and at the end of it all, that's what we will remember, so make the most of the moments you've been given. I know that sounds contradictory, but really it means that there's a balance between "feeling chased" and being motivated. Try to strike that balance.

2. Regarding finding out what you're capable of, start by remembering Plato's immortal words, "Know thyself." I believe most people (myself included) make the wrong life choices because they don't understand what really drives them; motivates them and influences their choices. This is true both personally and professionally. You've mentioned that you're a HSP. I'm not familiar with that label, or diagnosis if it is one. However, if it is accurate then try to understand what strengths are inherent to an HSP and learn to play to those strengths. It might also be constructive for you to dive a bit deeper into a self-discovery process (although I hate that term - it sounds so foo-foo). To that end, look into the following self assessment tools:

Gallup Strengths Finder
DISC Assessment
Kolbe Conative Assessment

3. Action precedes motivation. You learn best by doing, and that applies both to learning what you're capable of and learning how to connect with others. Practice. Get out of your comfort zone by making a contribution to others. @krishnafied made a great point. Ask yourself every day, "How I can help others?" Then, take action every day.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.