The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Y I'm feeling stuck

Anything related to matters of the mind

Billion_!n_a_r

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 18, 2020
Hi guys

I feel stuck as hell

I've read many books i feel I have a great knowledge I'm very calm conscious guy I never always curious to know perceptions of other people's around me I feel excited to know how others think what is the difference between them and me

But now I'm feeling stuck I don't know y

I came from a foreign country to my home country I don't have any money

I believe if I wanted to start a business I don't need any money if I have a great idea and necessary skills I can arrange that money from anywhere

Right now my expenses are 20k /month
And I wanted to generate an income source of 20 k to get out of the rat race

I have like 2 to 3 ideas

I'm feeling stuck here I can't do anything I know how to do but I'm doing the same routine everyday no productivity I think I'm stuck in a loop

Whenever i have an Idea I feel excited at first then I'm thinking oh I don't have the money then that idea is getting slipped and I'm not doing anything about it

Y I'm feeling like this y I'm feeling demotivated to

I feel I need a motivation from something to get serious to get decipline into my life

Please please any help would be greatly appreciated I feel I'm in a right atmosphere here I'm sure I can get some tough long lasting advice from here

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisGav

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Feb 15, 2019
Action creates action. inaction creates inaction.

I want to give you an analogy. Let's say you are at home, but don't feel like going to the gym to workout today. I want you to think about it, when do you most likely feel this way? When you're sitting on the couch doing nothing. The inaction gains momentum and further promotes more inaction.

Thankfully, it works vice versa as well. Once you are in the gym and you get a few sets in, you start feeling the momentum to keep going. It's not easy, but it's a mind game. A winnable one at that.

I don't know what your business ideas are, and I don't fully know your situation. I used to be the laziest sack of shit you'll have ever met. Video games for 12 hours a day, did nothing productive, had no ambition.

Here's what changed it: how you do one thing is how you do everything. You've got to not let the "bitch voice" in your head talk you out of things. Back to my prior example, on the couch, you need to catch yourself as soon as you try to talk yourself out of taking some action, and say to yourself: "since the bitch voice told me not to do it, that means I need to do it."

Your discipline muscle will build slowly over time. This trickles into every area of your life. You have to discipline yourself on even the smallest things. Just finished eating dinner but don't want to go put your dish away? do it anyways. Wake up, but want to hit the snooze button? Absolutely not. Want to enjoy a nice hot shower? absolutely not, freezing cold.

Your brain has conformed to comfort. You must break this conformity by giving it just the opposite. It's hard. It sucks. It's painful. But after you do even the smallest task you didn't want to do, you will feel 10X better. And yes, this gains momentum. It gets easier and easier.

1 more trick I've used. Next time you feel lazy, say to yourself "you know, I don't even want to be successful. I would rather lay right here and do nothing and live in the rat race of my life rather than sacrifice a little bit to get the life I want".

Alarms will be going off in your head. They will be saying: "that's bullshit, make things happen. I'm tired of living like this, etc."

hope it helps.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
y
y
y
y

y here is a meme.
y i dunno
y am i using y so damn much
y bc its fun
y lets get out of here

y
y
y
y

d1GGJlI.jpg

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
4j8c81.jpg

I was in the same boat. I was spending money on technology, the best laptop, reading books, making lists of what to do and so on.

A few years later of messing up, learning hard lessons, and figuring out what works/doesn't work. I'm finally making momentum. It doesn't happen overnight.

Take action.

Ideas are a dime a dozen.

Spending money is easy.

Taking action and sticking with it is hard. Pick one of your 3 ideas and stick with it. Stay away from the gold eggs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
I would first look at your expenses. 20K USD a month sounds like a lot, what is that mostly on? Is there anything you can do to lower that? This is where I would first look, even if you could lower your expenses by 25% that is an extra $5000 a month you could spend on a business. How are you currently achieving this level of income? Can you expand on it?

saidotcoach

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 8, 2020
Hi guys

I feel stuck as hell

I've read many books i feel I have a great knowledge I'm very calm conscious guy I never always curious to know perceptions of other people's around me I feel excited to know how others think what is the difference between them and me

But now I'm feeling stuck I don't know y

I came from a foreign country to my home country I don't have any money

I believe if I wanted to start a business I don't need any money if I have a great idea and necessary skills I can arrange that money from anywhere

Right now my expenses are 20k /month
And I wanted to generate an income source of 20 k to get out of the rat race

I have like 2 to 3 ideas

I'm feeling stuck here I can't do anything I know how to do but I'm doing the same routine everyday no productivity I think I'm stuck in a loop

Whenever i have an Idea I feel excited at first then I'm thinking oh I don't have the money then that idea is getting slipped and I'm not doing anything about it

Y I'm feeling like this y I'm feeling demotivated to

I feel I need a motivation from something to get serious to get decipline into my life

Please please any help would be greatly appreciated I feel I'm in a right atmosphere here I'm sure I can get some tough long lasting advice from here

Thanks
I agree with all the advice given before. Things that I would like to add are that 20k per month is quite high for expenses, do an analysis of your last few months of spending. See where you can decrease your expenses. I would suggest you find an accountability buddy someone who is going to hold you accountable for your actions. I would also suggest the book The 5 second rule by Mel Robbins. You can find this book here: The 5 Second Rule: Transform your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage: Robbins, Mel: 9781682612385: Amazon.com: Books

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.