The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Digital Strategist, SEO, Polyglot... WHATEVER! I love to organize, plan and help execute!

Xingwang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Aug 23, 2022
Hello!
I'm Ivano, 29, from Italy.

I'll try to keep this introduction short, so I'll use a bulleted list!
  • I'm a Digital Strategist freelance (I also specialize in SEO)
  • At age 20 I've created with 2 other people a touristic infopoint in 12 languages on the streets of my city (Naples) approved by municipality
  • From 21 to 26 I've studied, worked in different fields (promoter in local stores, put ads on cars on day, waiter...)
  • Before graduating I've worked 2 yeas in marketing agency
  • At age 27 I've opened a startup in the Food Industry with 3 friends... found out it was not my thing -> I quit
  • I've a master's degree in English and Chinese (but I also speak Italian and Portuguese)
  • I travel... a lot (15 flights on average per year... btw I love aircrafts! Not airports)
  • I consider myself a Digital Nomad (but I don't work on the beach)
  • I love automating stuff
  • My clients tell me "You're pretty good at explaining difficult things in an easy way"
  • I'm building and volunteering on different projects related to Remote Work
  • If I had to decide where to organize/plan something, I'd start from a spreadsheet (or Asana)
  • Started playing Ukulele 3 days ago (I also play the piano twice a year)
This is just a short resume of who I am.

Why am I here?
I've read FLM, built my Google Sheets with amazing formulas, and being here was the consequent step.

In reality, I'm struggling...
On what do I focus on with my skills?
What do I love doing?

Everything seems interesting to me, but I just can't take just a single path -> I never grow one thing only, but some contemporarily

Anybody in the same situation?
Suggestions?

Happy to talk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

2dads

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 27, 2021
BRISBANE, Australia
Welcome Ivano,

Russian proverb “If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one” teaches us that trying to achieve two things at once will be unfruitful.

Step back, look around and find a in demand problem in which follows the CENTS (principal).

Investigate the problem and your solution, then choice the one with the Best Return and Likely hood of success and focus on that and that only.

Best of luck Ivano.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
It's great to have such energy and curiosity about the world. The path that you've chosen thus far has certainly thought you a wide array of skills.

If you want to narrow down your interests and focus on a single path, the best thing to do is to create a vision for yourself. For this I would suggest using MJ's strategy, or some similar approach. Once you establish the target, you will have an easy time identifying the skills needed to get there.

You definitely have a lot of potential and you seem like a very competent person.
Good luck.

Xingwang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Aug 23, 2022
Welcome Ivano,

Russian proverb “If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one” teaches us that trying to achieve two things at once will be unfruitful.

Step back, look around and find a in demand problem in which follows the CENTS (principal).

Investigate the problem and your solution, then choice the one with the Best Return and Likely hood of success and focus on that and that only.

Best of luck Ivano.
Thank you @2dads

In Italy we say "who much wants, nothing holds".
We also have the efficient one "hitting two pigeons with one single rock!" :D

I appreciate your reply and CENTS was delightful to read in FML and today, just when you reminded me.
It's like one of those old classics: the more you read, the more insights you catch.

I spot many problems and think on many solutions, but I seem to not find and focus just on one... and I'm trying to figure out why this happens.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xingwang

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Aug 23, 2022
It's great to have such energy and curiosity about the world. The path that you've chosen thus far has certainly thought you a wide array of skills.

If you want to narrow down your interests and focus on a single path, the best thing to do is to create a vision for yourself. For this I would suggest using MJ's strategy, or some similar approach. Once you establish the target, you will have an easy time identifying the skills needed to get there.

You definitely have a lot of potential and you seem like a very competent person.
Good luck.
Thank you for your reply and compliments @heavy_industry

I've already created a vision, many times.
If I can't establish a target, there might be a background problem in me (or maybe not?)

Since I'm running different kinds of projects/businesses, everyday is like choosing something on Netflix.
  • Which one do I focus on today?
  • Which one do I choose to grow more than the other?
  • Which one gets me happier on the long run?
FLM concepts and MJ's strategy are interesting to me.
When I've laid down on the spreadsheet the money I might need for my future lifestyle, I found out that I don't even need half a Million pouring yearly (but of course... more money buy you more things or let you invest in different things... or simply would get me to do whatever I want related to projects).

Every time I write down a vision, it brings me to the most rational and logic one, but every time I tend to keep on with the things I've going on and see how it goes...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...