The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm buying stock

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I'm buying stock, no idea what I am going to do, but I am going to put 2 k down for it.

I want a stock that has these qualities

1. Will be a success in 4 years. (not short-term. and don't care if it fails either, but hope for the best)
2. Will be more risky than safe.
3. Highly recommend

send me a pm, if you know one that you like. greatly appreciate.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Speedy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jan 10, 2012
Houston
A good start is DVAX - a drug developing company. I did research on it when it was $1.90, recently bought it when it was $2.65. now it is $3.69. It is waiting on FDA to approve. Once it approve this stock with jump over night, double triple. Chances are $10+. Do more research on it. If you like it, buy it, don't wait until end of Jan.
Another good stock that you might like is AKS. Steel company. I bought it when it was $6.68, now it's $9.11. I can't suggest you buy this stock, but I know after market regain to its feet, and construction will booming, steel with be on high demand. Check it out!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Throw your money in the ocean, it will save you lots of time and energy in the long run.

ptiz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jul 25, 2008
Monterey, CA
Throw your money in the ocean, it will save you lots of time and energy in the long run.

THIS ^^^^^^

If you read MJ's book, he says not to trust other people to do the work for you. There is nothing wrong with asking for advice, but you should at least be knowledgeable about what you are getting into. Throwing 2k into the stock market is not going to make you much money if you have no idea what you are doing.

My personal opinion is that you should use that money to start a business. Investing keeps you rich, it doesn't make you rich (most of the time).

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Lights, if there is one thing that you are it is a no nonsense opportunist. I would think that if anyone could look around and find a need to fill it, and do whatever it takes to get it off the ground, it would be you--so I'm a little baffled as to where and why the idea of buying stocks comes from--and trusting others for stock tips. That just doesn't seem like something you would do.

My guess is that if you took your quality of being a no nonsense opportunist and channeled it in a positive way you would go really far.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Titan iron ore. The article I read could have been incorrect as I have not investigated it myself but it is an upand comming mine that was started by a guy who led another copper to million or billions cant remeber. Anyways the company supposedly has found a great tract of land once owned by the rail road and could be sitting on a billion dollar steel reserve.

Mines are notorious for being like the lottery of stocks. They trade for a few buck until they find out whether or not the property they are exploring is worth anything. If it is then the company can be worth billions and if not its bust. If you are looking to roll the dice miners are a good place to look.

If this is not your only 2k then I think it could be a fine idea. Everybody is so negative about this but I know there are plenty of people on this forum who blew more then 2k on a weekend in Vegas so if you are just looking to gamble then have fun.

D

DeletedUser2

Lights, if there is one thing that you are it is a no nonsense opportunist.

That has to be one of the best qoutes I have read all week! awesome

My guess is that if you took your quality of being a no nonsense opportunist and channeled it in a positive way you would go really far.

and this is so right on the money I just laughed hard.

Very brilliant and succinct observation!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I honestly think if you have to ask this question you are better off driving to Vegas to put your money on black.

2k at a 100% annual return for 4 years straight will only amount to: 32k. Good luck getting 15%.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
a speculator looks at what the price is gonna do, an investor looks at what the asset is gonna do. don't waste your money, you are better off taking your money and shredding it.

geneaux

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 17, 2012
Austin
NFLX - Netflix is beaten down enough. If they get their act together it could gain back significantly.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
a speculator looks at what the price is gonna do, an investor looks at what the asset is gonna do. don't waste your money, you are better off taking your money and shredding it.

At least take it to Vegas and have some fun!

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
NFLX - Netflix is beaten down enough. If they get their act together it could gain back significantly.

Netflix's management is not impressive hahaha, competition is heating up in the streaming video industry, especially from amazon.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
Competition is bad for business (but good for consumers). If a business needs to spend a lot of money on innovation/R&D; that's a problem.

"In business, imitation is the sincerest form of battery."

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
First,
You must understand that when you purchase a stock your exit point is much more important then when you enter a position.
Stocks are easy to get into, sometimes hard to get out. Do not get married to a stock because a divorce can be very expensive. :smxB:
Step one: Before you buy a stock you need to get financially educated. Do not throw 2k in just some stock because odds are you will lose money. Why not first buy a book or heck go to library and get a book about stocks for free. Learn and then take action! Stocks are a dime a dozen and really the stock itself doesn't matter. What it boils down to is the price of the stock and movement. Demacro points out in his book that you need a financial education. Also, in an article Demarco put out it tells you where he puts his money. It's better to listen to him because he is already making it happen!

arohan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 25, 2010
Michigan, USA
Good long term investing is not about buying stock. It is about buying a business. Only buy stock in a company that you would love to own outright.

youngballer

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 5, 2012
I just invested in Tata motors TTM which has a really good forecast. A couple other stocks I would recomend are Kraft foods KFT, YUM!, and Jarden Corp JAH.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.