The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
Hi,I'm living with my mom and my parents divorced and they didn't offered anything to enjoy in life. I'm unsuccesful I graduated highschool and I made a computer operator courses after that and now I have no life.My own mother hospitalized me in a psychiatric hospital so that she can pay the taxes from her appartment because she couldn't find a job,before that I went to my relatives for help but they seemed disturbed by my presance and told me that I should get a job. What should I do? How can I make money with only highschool?
Now I'm in college but unfortunately I have no skills for my specialty in electronics.
Should I borrow money from bank and non financial institute and never return the money?
Is that a good idea?
I forgot to mention that my father was an alcoholic,a psychopath with schizophrenia and my mom was a manipulative and lazy person!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So your solution to your problems is to get a loan and premeditatively, never pay it back. In other words, you want to become a criminal?

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Should I borrow money from bank and non financial institute and never return the money?
Is that a good idea?

Do you read the stuff that you are writing? of course DONT do that.

I should get a job. What should I do? How can I make money with only highschool?

I would say you should go get a job too.

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
So your solution to your problems is to get a loan and premeditatively, never pay it back. In other words, you want to become a criminal?
Then what is the solution? I have no friends,no girlfriend and my mom keeps threatening me with the psychitry if I don't go to college.
I love college but unlike you who had a family and built this forum I had to gain ,,attention'' from others because my life is unfair and I had to beg from a colleague of mine to study electrical components and after that COVID appeared and my life in college was about how to cheat in classes rather than study. All right I cheated I didn't learn and now I have to retake college again because COVID restriction was removed. What I'm saying to all of you is that my own parents and COVID ruined my life and now I have no idea what to do.
So the question which remains is what should I do?

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
Do you read the stuff that you are writing? of course DONT do that.

I would say you should go get a job too.
But I don't have the means to buy an apartment or a house in the first place. Should I live in a homeless shelter for the rest of my life?
I'm not good at living with others I'm fat and I'm not attractive. Besides that I worked hard last year and the salary which I received was arround 400-600 euros un Romania.
What can I do to improve my life? This is a business forum so give me an idea!

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
But I don't have the means to buy an apartment or a house in the first place. Should I live in a homeless shelter for the rest of my life?

stay with your parents and save up some money through a job or business and then you can start get an apartment or house to live in. thats better than money from your bank that you will never pay back.

I'm not good at living with others I'm fat and I'm not attractive.

maybe change something about that? maybe start doing workouts or go running? health is important for business.

Besides that I worked hard last year and the salary which I received was arround 400-600 euros un Romania.

If you want business advice then start to read MJs Books but you need to fix your victim mindset first and get some money as simple as possible to get it going and the advice is to get a job that puts you in a stable income.

After that you can start doing business on the side of your job and start building slowly a better life.

Workout - Job - Business.

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
@01i My mom told me that I would get hired after I graduate college because my salary would be bigger than the highschool qualification as a computer operator.
Should I talk to someone at college to help me with my employment?
I bought some programming books from EBAY but they were expensive and I wanted to learn programming languages to create my own bussines but I couldn't understand all of the concepts.
The books were in the following order PYTHON,C,C++
I bought them and I wanted to become a computer programmer but I had no qualification in this field and neither the highschool for it.
Another problem was that I had no idea how to use a compiler and this ruined my dream.

Fran_C

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 8, 2022
Chile
I've only been here for a year or so, on this pursuit so maybe I don't have enough experience or widsom in order to give you some advice but I'd like to add my little grain of sand anyways.

It seems like you're in a rough spot, not so much due to circumstances, these can always change and improve in some form or another, but rather due to your attitude/mentality and your behaviour towards your situation.

Maybe try going out and helping out some less fortunate people, there's always someone who's got it worse than you and doing this personally has helped me improve my outlook on the little I have currently and be positive for the future.

You've already mentioned you had a salary before and thus I assumme you were capable of doing some work and providing some value, so there is an example of you knowing what to do.

Some practical advice that I've received before is writing out everything that's going on in your life at the moment and highlighting the things/areas in which you have complete ownership over and thus can control, and then just get all the other nonsense off your head. I've noticed you've mentioned some already in this post I'm not going in depth and just doing a quick glance over what you've already explained;

Physical health
I think If anything you should start here, unless there's some major issue regarding your physical health that doesn't allow you to walk/run/jog/resistance train/ or exercise in general which seems like isn't the case, you should defenitely start taking advantage of the fact that this is something you can 100% control and is in fact your responsability to do so.

Start going out for walks, maybe jog, do some bodyweight routine, once you start noticing changes in your physical body you'll understand the power of taking care of things that you can control over the ones you cannot.
Self-steem
You're probably in a rough spot mentally right now regarding your self-image, and this is a hard one because unlike the majority of people who (as MJ also mentions in his book) say and sell the methodology of screaming platitudes at yourself in the mirror in order to better your self-steem, there's no other way to improve it other than by creating hard and tangible evidence of you doing things which will bring you closer to the person you want to become. (If you don't know who you want to become I suggest you start by simple things, maybe something like "I want to become a person who wakes up to an alarm on time and doesn't press snooze on it* But you already mentioned certain areas in your post in which you'd want to improve so I'd find it hard to believe if you say you don't know.)
Social Circle
Put yourself out there.
Talking from personal experience it's very hard to put oneself out there when you have a negative self-image, but people matter this is why it's super important you develop a stack of evidence that you can present to your own little voice in your head that's always talking smack about you and tell him: This is what I've done, this is who I'm becoming, I'm not a negative to society, I'm adding value to society by becoming better, therefore I should be confident in approaching people and connecting with my fellow humans.

I don't know if that makes sense but just remeber that! PEOPLE MATTER, and all there is in this world is just that! People and more people, so try to have an open-heart and try to help.
Education
You obviously have a connection to internet and are aware of all the information there is to be discovered so this is a point i'd like skipping over heh..

If all of this sounds very wishy washy to you then I'm sorry I couldn't help, but if your take away from this is that in order to help others (and therefore make money which seems to be the only thing in your mind rn) you should help yourself first.
MJ has a quote I believe in his book that says god gave us two hands, one for helping ourselves and another one to help others.

Get to a point where you have put in some work and can be proud of who you're becoming and then pay it forward to other fellow humans and you'll see things improve for you. That being said I wish you luck and would love to hear back from you in some time to see if things improved, take care!

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
@01i My mom told me that I would get hired after I graduate college because my salary would be bigger than the highschool qualification as a computer operator.

That may be true but you want to get out of your situation right now right? so why would you wait for that.

Do it yourself.

I bought some programming books from EBAY but they were expensive and I wanted to learn programming languages to create my own bussines but I couldn't understand all of the concepts.
I bought them and I wanted to become a computer programmer but I had no qualification in this field and neither the highschool for it.
Another problem was that I had no idea how to use a compiler and this ruined my dream.

learning to programm takes a lot of time and dedication and even longer it takes to build a business if you start at 0.

If you want to make money then you should help someone with a service or product.

Examples:

Learn how to run ads for businesses and offer them your service.
Learn how to clean windows for homeowners and knock on doors offering your service.
Learn how to do lawn care and offer the service to businesses or homeowners.
Learn how to write code and help businesses with automations.

this are realy basic examples and you need to find something that fits you to help someone for money BUT before you decide to do any of that you should read mjs books if you dont have to!

You can get your life around if you realy want to if you stop with your vicitim/everythings a problem mindset.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Then what is the solution? I have no friends,no girlfriend and my mom keeps threatening me with the psychitry if I don't go to college.
I love college but unlike you who had a family and built this forum I had to gain ,,attention'' from others because my life is unfair and I had to beg from a colleague of mine to study electrical components and after that COVID appeared and my life in college was about how to cheat in classes rather than study. All right I cheated I didn't learn and now I have to retake college again because COVID restriction was removed. What I'm saying to all of you is that my own parents and COVID ruined my life and now I have no idea what to do.
You should read MJ DeMarco's books. Specially the part where it's talking about a study that found out what best predicts success: The mindset of people who thought everything was *their own* fault/responsibility.

Even if you were born with no arms, even If it's totally ilogical, you *should* have a mindset that it all depends on you. Not on external factors, is not anybody else's fault, *it on you*. Stop blaming anybody or anything.

Life IS unfair, lean into it. You seem to have many advantages, you mom is financially supporting you going to college. You speak english and perhaps you even are from the USA which is the best country to get rich in the whole world.

Nobody is coming to save you, not even this forum, it all depends on you. Do or die.

PD: The loan idea is really stupid, stop looking for shortcuts and do the real work instead. I'd say meditate, improve your diet (take CBD oil if you are psychiatric), go to the gym, do yoga, and get to work. You have the ambition instead of conforming with mediocrity so you have an advantage vs 90% of the rest of the world.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Hey guys it is my dream to play pro baseball and I struck out on my first at bat in 3 straight pitches, it was really hard, should I just play tennis instead? Or buy Bitcoin? Another problem was that I had no idea how to use a glove and catch a fly-ball, this has all ruined my dream. You guys need to help me so I can make millions playing baseball.

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
Hey guys it is my dream to play pro baseball and I struck out on my first at bat in 3 straight pitches, it was really hard, should I just play tennis instead? Or buy Bitcoin? Another problem was that I had no idea how to use a glove and catch a fly-ball, this has all ruined my dream. You guys need to help me so I can make millions playing baseball.
Why do you have to make fun of me? What have I done to you?
I was honest with everyone from the forum and I don't get it why I have to be treated like a clown!
Ok it's true I was looking for a shortcut and easy money to get rid of my situation but now that I have received some advices I could improve my life a bit.

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
You should read MJ DeMarco's books. Specially the part where it's talking about a study that found out what best predicts success: The mindset of people who thought everything was *their own* fault/responsibility.
Where can I read his books?

• PooPoo
Reactions: Kak

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Why do you have to make fun of me?

I'm not making fun of you, I'm pointing out your error in logic, your faulty mindset, and your malformed, warped expectations. Those are something you need to change, if you expect to change.

Hein Oosthuysen

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 8, 2023
South Africa
Look... Yes, you were dealt a bad hand. Some people just have it like that. But deep down you already know what you must do: GET A JOB. Try to make enough money to get out of, what seems to be, a really toxic environment. At the same time, start changing your mindset. A "woe is me" mentality will most certainly not do anything to help your situation.

Read MJ's books. I would also recommend David Goggins' book "Can't Hurt Me". These books will give you a great education on mindset, among other things.

To put it quite bluntly, my dude: nobody cares enough about you or your situation to change it FOR YOU. I repeat, we on this forum can provide you with advice and insight, but we can't fix your problems in your stead.

That all being said and done, there most certainly are opportunities in your immediate environment to make at least some bit of money. Look for them. Then take action. Go! The longer you stay in that toxic environment of yours, the more difficult it will become to escape it.

And, I can't believe I have to say this, DO NOT try to steal money or do any other criminal activity. That's a guaranteed way to make your situation and life exponentially worse. Make the hard yet moral choice and go earn your money honorably and legally.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Everybody: get a job
Me: who’s going to ever hire you?!

Is this a prank? A troll post?

Look, if for whatever reason you are real and 24 and everything you say is as it is… then you need:
1. Read self help books to change your mindset
2. Meet good people, useful, productive humans who can by virtue of just being - show you the way.

You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.
Charlie Tremendous Jones

The only way to change your life is to first change yourself. Go through that pain cave, develop good habit, learn on mistakes and start making good decisions.

Well… there is the other way: be born rich, good looking, successful;)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It’s not even funny at this point.

What part of this being an ENTREPRENEURSHIP forum do people not understand?

Stealing isn’t entrepreneurship. That’s stealing. Retard.

Gen Z scares the shit out of me.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I would have been homeless by this next week Friday, but I won't be because I took action to find a job and have finally got my old employer to give me what they owe me. I am now in a bit of a better position.

Yes, the job role I have was not what I was looking for, but I am also very appreciative because it's a change of pace, something different, I am also learning what GRIT is or how to actually work.

Being laid off sucked, definitely took a hit to the ego. But I am very grateful for the experience. Getting turned down by many jobs sucked even worse, not knowing what your worth is or ever going to find a job during this season of my life.

I feel a bit happy about the experience though. You will be tested life will give you challenges or tests that you have to overcome.

I don't want to stop here though, I am excited for the idea of starting a business or picking back up where I left off. I am wondering and asking myself this question.

What if I did just focus for the next three years on creating a business, exiting social media, going to the gym finally, and just working each day on routine? What if I did sacrifice 6 to 10 years to finally have the rest of my life free from worries related to debt and money? What it be all worth it in the end? I think yes, especially since I don't come from a very rich family.

I am the first person in my family to ever reach the highest earning amount at a salary of $78k and I came from nothing but a 300 square feet bedroom with a bed, clothes, and computer. You can make something out of yourself. You just have to be willing to learn and also to not let your failures get to you. Over the past years, with credit card debt piled up, etc. (I'll spare you the sob story). I lost my way, I encountered problems that I didn't know the answer to. Even one of them today is finding a way to earn an income versus using credit cards as a supplemental income source.

I would say it's easy to get to the top of the mountain when you know what you're doing, but when huge problems you've never faced before and don't have the answer to is when you start to hit roadblocks that could lead to hitting rock bottom. It's easy to wrack up credit card debt, but it's much harder to pay it off when no one in your family knows how to create an income of anything outside the normal way of a job.

You can get out of this mess, a few things I have learned along the way:

1. You can't care about what everybody thinks of you, you only care about whether or not your product or service is creating value to the marketmind and their feedback.
2. When I started this journey, I saw people as transactional, not relational. Here's what I mean by that:

Money = Value
Money = Helping other people (problems)
Money = Relational (people), not transactional (money).

Change your focus, money is earned by helping someone with a problem.

3. Life is about winging it, during my first week of my new job, of course, there were a lot of problems that I encountered in terms of process, and getting things all together, but in reality, we are all just winging it and that's perfectly okay.

You can do this, I used to talk about a lot of my problems as well, but what's best is to find solutions to your problems. Give yourself time, it can be hard to come out of that mentality where you just complain and not do. But remember, it's only up to us as individuals to find a way out or a solution to all of our problems.

When things are not as orderly as I want them to be, I can get a bit agitated and complain, but here's the truth. No one gives a flying F*** about the complaints. Overtime, if you keep repeating the same problems over and over and over again. People start to lose interest, so instead set them aside and work out the problems.

Also, expand your mind to the idea of what's possible, and see the bigger picture. For example, I am watching a video about Seattle, WA condos. I know, I know, why should I even look at houses right now, when I am nowhere near there? Well, it's just to expand my mind that what my "Normal" view looks like isn't exactly Normal. Meaning, Think big, expand your mind. There are other people out there who have different lives and their "Normal" view of life looks different than yours. By expanding your mind and not focusing on the system we live under, it can excite toward what's possible as in "Hey, maybe one day I could be a condo as such that has an awesome view of the ocean."

Not saying I'd move to seattle, but what is basically possible.

Last edited:

wolly

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2023
Everybody: get a job
Me: who’s going to ever hire you?!

Is this a prank? A troll post?

Look, if for whatever reason you are real and 24 and everything you say is as it is… then you need:
1. Read self help books to change your mindset
2. Meet good people, useful, productive humans who can by virtue of just being - show you the way.
I wasn't trolling at all ,that event with me was real and yeah I'm 24
I'm not provoking anyone like the admin I was suicidal too and depressed
For me life was a cage with no escape but after seeing a therapist she opened my mind and I started to see the world a bit different.
I've met a therapist in real life who helped me a bit with myself.
The therapist is the mother of an ex highschool colleague of mine
She told me to find my own path and to stop being pulled by my own mother.
I'm reading the admin books which means that I've learnt a few things.
I'm sorry that I bothered all of you but I had no one to talk to
I mean the therapist that I know is not someone who know bussiness and she has no idea how to receive relationships
That's what I need now,friends,relationships but my problem is that I have no idea how to talk to them because you see I'm an uneducated person in the social circle.
I've tried reaching a few of my ex classmates and they were bothered by my presence and they told me that I'm insane.
What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Lol. You’re 24 and you are blaming your parents for your problems still?

At 24 I had already sold my first company, was building a second, my dad was dead for four years, and I, as the patriarch of my family, helped my mom get through a bad divorce.

No one required a college degree of me. Stop sucking.

Do something you can be proud to sign your name to. Anything. And keep doing it.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
I wasn't trolling at all ,that event with me was real and yeah I'm 24
I'm not provoking anyone like the admin I was suicidal too and depressed
For me life was a cage with no escape but after seeing a therapist she opened my mind and I started to see the world a bit different.
I've met a therapist in real life who helped me a bit with myself.
The therapist is the mother of an ex highschool colleague of mine
She told me to find my own path and to stop being pulled by my own mother.
I'm reading the admin books which means that I've learnt a few things.
I'm sorry that I bothered all of you but I had no one to talk to
I mean the therapist that I know is not someone who know bussiness and she has no idea how to receive relationships
That's what I need now,friends,relationships but my problem is that I have no idea how to talk to them because you see I'm an uneducated person in the social circle.
I've tried reaching a few of my ex classmates and they were bothered by my presence and they told me that I'm insane.
What's wrong with me?
Internet isn’t a safe place. People look and act meaner and harsher than in real life. If you need real help, find real people.

Books are in a library for free. Start there. Dive deep. Soak up the wisdom.

Crawl… walk… run.

Best of luck.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
People are giving you a lot of shit on this forum.
But also you are giving them a reason to do that!
Stealing?? WTF?! You are better than this. (I hope I don't really know you)

Sometimes, when you are in bad situations, you can do stupid shit because you are looking for the easy way out. And if people around you might be cheating or stealing it does not mean that you are justified to do so too!

Next step? Go for a walk to start moving out of the house. Minimize contact with people who are toxic to you, even if this is your mother. Do you need someone to speak to? Find free hobbies or things you like to socialize.

In Addition? Wash yourself. Take care of your breath. Dress better! But this is bullshit I hear people say....

No!! These things compound. And soon you will feel better.

Ask for help from others and find support groups. Believe it or not, group therapy groups can help because you can see that in the end, EVERYONE IS STRUGGLING one way or another.

Also, try to not blame your parents for what happened to you. They did their best even if they f*cked up. Everyone F*cks up in some way or another. And sometimes people just don't know better! I truly believe that if you could also hear their life story you would also understand. From their perspective, they would tell you that Romania was not an easy country to have been born 20-40 years ago.

On another note. Do you think you will be stuck forever? No! You can always get out of this situation. You are the one to make this happen!

Don't forget!

You are who you are because of, or regardless of, your upbringing.

Plushy

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Jun 19, 2023
USA
Speaking as someone who was in psych hospital multiple times, struggled in college, at one point had no friends and no money, hopped up on psych drugs because "what is wrong with me?", yes, it is tough, but you can get out of it. I am now living on my own, make friends easily, in school and taking the fast lane seriously. It takes time. It's easy for someone who hasn't been through it to say "get your mindset right" but if you haven't come from an impoverished, traumatizing, victim background it doesn't make sense. You've been raised a certain way for decades and it's going to take a while to completely rewire your mind and get your attitude on track.

Start with your physical health. Eat well. Train your body. If you are overweight, your blood flow to the brain is literally being choked out by Inflammation and fat. Your brain is the most important tool for generating wealth. You can't be logical while you're unhealthy. Changing your fitness will give you a sense of confidence and others will respect you more.

Start reading books on what you need help with. Changing your mindset to be more stoic or positive. I've had to learn a boatload of tools and philosophies to not give into the emotional mindset I was raised with. Maybe you need help with diet. Read some on that.

I once struggled with programming too, i also dropped out at one point due to it. and now I am recognized by professors and win awards for it. The secret? Well first, the right mindset. Knowing that you can learn anything as long as you keep trying. I used to have a fixed mindset, and think if I dont get it the first time, I must never be meant for it. I learned study tools, and read books like Mind for Numbers.

Once you have your body and mind set right, earning money will be easy. You'll be able to follow through on plans and think clearly on what your next steps are. Being healthy and developing good self discipline, emotional regulation, and communication skills will build up your trust and your self esteem. So you will know you can follow through on business ideas.

Several years ago when I was sick and unhealthy, if I had pushed myself to earn money I would've been fired, quit, or dropped out. I was a different person then. Get your priorities sorted out. You are extremely blessed to be able to be in school. You can control your health, get that straightened out. You must also learn to control your emotions and attitude, so you can succeed no matter the circumstances. It will take time, know that you're battling years of conditioning from your family of origin (my family includes criminals, obesity and poverty, no wonder I had such psychiatric issues!) But you can change your future. The answer to "what's wrong with you" is probably a very difficult upbringing that didn't set you up with the right mental attitudes for success. Luckily we can learn how to think from others and from books. And we can meditate and think critically on how to best navigate our own lives. In the end, you learn to think for yourself and trust yourself. As a creative business owner, you'll have to do that. Start with controlling what you can control. I was exactly where you were in my early 20s. You can change.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Why do you have to make fun of me? What have I done to you?
I was honest with everyone from the forum and I don't get it why I have to be treated like a clown!
Ok it's true I was looking for a shortcut and easy money to get rid of my situation but now that I have received some advices I could improve my life a bit.
A clown? How do you want us to answer you? What can we say to your posts? Did you read your posts before you posted them? What tone were you trying to set?

I started to tell you that I didn't understand your post at all. But, that's not true. You've described yourself and your life pretty graphically. You have divined that we, on this Forum, have secrets that we're holding back from you? That is also very true. So, I will break ranks with the other members. I will tell you the real shortcuts to success that many of us have used. There are hidden stepping stones if you know where they are. Shh!!! It's all a big secret...

1. You must work harder, longer, and smarter than the other people around you. While they're partying or lying up on the couch watching TV while stuffing their face with chips, you'll still be working. The smart part of this gets me going. That includes making the right decisions in one's work direction. Your day and nights will be so full of work that you won't have time to waste on bad decisions.
2. You must be willing to give it all you've got and more. It takes grit that 90% of people around you don't have. You must leave that 90% in your wake of dust and make new friends in the 10% club.
3. You must be willing to fail, pick yourself up, and carry on with your plan -- which is carefully modified with the knowledge gained from your failure. It helps if you know how to patch up skinned knees and bruised egos. Failing, followed by a quick reboot, is a regular occurrence around here.
4. You must be willing to educate yourself on many subjects -- with or without formal schooling It's a lifelong quest. We have a lot of OCD moments about our education programs.

Shall I go on? There are more secrets. This is just the tip of the iceberg...

Yes, you could improve your life "a bit"! It's going to take a lot more ump than that to change your life. Triers are liars -- you know.

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I'm not good at living with others I'm fat and I'm not attractive. Besides that I worked hard last year and the salary which I received was arround 400-600 euros un Romania.
You should network with people in your country to find out what are the opportunities in your country.

Other people at best can only help you to see what is a better option let us say A versus B.

But it is up to you to find out the options that exist.

I know very clearly in my own country how people can study and make part-time money on the side. No idea about that in Romania.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads